Hope - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hope

jamboman

2 hours ago, bazmidd said:

For anyone clamouring for the U21s being drafted in they are live on YouTube right now v Croatia. It is like watching the full team again. Absolutely in no way shape or form has the style evolved with modern football. A lot of running around, couple of boys getting stuck in and the occasional lump up the park to the big striker. I thought the style of football had changed at youth level, I actually seen it first hand watching the u19s not so long ago v Spain where they passed Spain of the park. Why do we just throw all this out the window when we get to games that matter. In the first 25 mins I haven't saw one decent period of play from the u21s tonight

said same on other thread mate watched 1st half and was actually more down than last night as we never passed the ball to each other more than 3 times together. was heartbreaking. nipped out back in with 15 to go and from then on was ok but the victory will paper over the lack of ability from our boys. dont want to be negative as was great result but unless billy gilmour plays then all rest dont look up to much

3 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

said same on other thread mate watched 1st half and was actually more down than last night as we never passed the ball to each other more than 3 times together. was heartbreaking. nipped out back in with 15 to go and from then on was ok but the victory will paper over the lack of ability from our boys. dont want to be negative as was great result but unless billy gilmour plays then all rest dont look up to much

Yeh I switched off after 15mins, I was disgusted at how poor we were at even the basics. Croatia looked really good tbf.

Most of the players mentioned on this thread will have important games for the U21s (who can still qualify through their group) in October and November so I don't really see the sense in calling them up to the full squad this year.

Clarke has already said he isn't going to experiment over the next 4 games as he wants to make sure Scotland finish third in the group so we certainly shouldn't be compromising the U21s chances of qualifying just to give these players some experience of being in the full squad.

Looking to the future we do have some promise coming through . It is only potential at the minute . There is a lad at leeds  Stuart Mckinstry who was playing for their development squad last night . Bought from Motherwell for 150,000 . Just read that he really impressed  in their game against Watford who had won 3 out of 3 till last night . Only 16 too . He's at the right club for development and if he pushes on will get a chance in their first team . Bielsa ( manager ) is certainly giving youth a chance there .