Scotland u21 vs San Marino u21 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland u21 vs San Marino u21

The_Dark_Knight

29 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

It's on Facebook and YouTube too.

Hard to judge us against sides like this but so far so good. 

Anyone know why Hornby isn't playing? 

Cool. Thanks. This is a crappy stream anyway.

And yes, you really can't judge against teams on this standard. Against teams against this goals mean more than performances.

No idea.

Also, the wee guy who interviewed McGinn at halftime is better than 95% of the Scottish football pundits.

9 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

And yet the apologists will say that our kids are "playing the right way".

Yeah, obviously.

I watched the game too.... what was wrong with the way they played?

Very hard to judge against a team with 11 men behind the ball the entirety of the match. If Hornby and Johnstone had been playing, Scotland would’ve probably scored 5 or 6. 

9 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

And yet the apologists will say that our kids are "playing the right way".

Yeah, obviously.

I don't think drawing 1-1 with Japan is that bad a result given how their first team are compared to ours?

Should have played 3 at the back though, would have been out of site by half time.

40 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Apparently Holsgrove was man of the match. Anyone know why he is on loan to a Spanish lower tier club?

Em .... because Reading want him to get some action and experiencing a new culture will be good for him. 

Should he have went on loan to Queen of the South or Wrexham instead ?

57 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Apparently Holsgrove was man of the match. Anyone know why he is on loan to a Spanish lower tier club?

For game time I would imagine. The whole left side did well last night. Patrick Reading, the left back, hasn’t been tested properly defensively yet though. George Johnstone had a good game too.

Hornby and Porteous will be back for the Croatia game. 

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Should have played 3 at the back though, would have been out of site by half time.

Only if we don't have any good good center backs at that level, either. Is that the case?

If it is, then yes, until we begin producing cornerbacks of note we should play a system that's based on damage control, from every level.

I know you were being sarcastic, but you generated a good point.

1-0 down to Croatia after 25 minutes.

Noticed Ireland won 3-1 in Sweden. They have had some decent returns at youth level tournaments of late too. Maybe should be looking across Sruth Na Maoile to see what they are doing right. Their club sides have done better than ours (outwith the Old Firm) in Europe of late too.

On 9/6/2019 at 2:10 PM, hawickta said:

Gilmour is about 3 levels above everybody else at this age group.

Always looking for the ball, picks the right option and spraying it about off both feet.

If he isn’t in the full squad by next year I’ll very surprised/disappointed.

Just get him in now