On 9/11/2019 at 8:18 AM, sbcmfc said:

As poor as a 30,000 crowd at hampden looks and feels, you’re locking 10,000 people out by playing anywhere else.

Didnt think there was 10,000 less at Belgium than Russia?

I recognise that is always the counter argument but for me it's worth it. 

The priority has to be getting a winning team on the park. If playing in front of a packed 20,000 crowd helps that cause then I'm happy for the rest to be locked out. Others may disagree. 

1 minute ago, AlfieMoon said:

I recognise that is always the counter argument but for me it's worth it. 

The priority has to be getting a winning team on the park. If playing in front of a packed 20,000 crowd helps that cause then I'm happy for the rest to be locked out. Others may disagree. 

I’m sure the season ticket holders that don’t get in to the Kazakhstan and San Marino games would be front of that queue. 😂

I agree for friendlies.

Its hard with season ticket though to know what demand will be in advance. If we’d taken 4 points over weekend and got a draw in Russia, Kazakhstan and San Marino might be close to selling out with 6 points putting us straight to the euros....

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure the season ticket holders that don’t get in to the Kazakhstan and San Marino games would be front of that queue. 😂

I agree for friendlies.

Its hard with season ticket though to know what demand will be in advance. If we’d taken 4 points over weekend and got a draw in Russia, Kazakhstan and San Marino might be close to selling out with 6 points putting us straight to the euros....

How many members are in the SSC now?  

I don't remember seeing it reported in ages. I think it peaked about 30k in the late 2000's but have no idea what the tail off has been since. 

2 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I don't remember seeing it reported in ages. I think it peaked about 30k in the late 2000's but have no idea what the tail off has been since. 

Skimming the points table, it’s over 20,000, probably about 22,000.

6 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Was something like 35,000 around 2008-2009.