Crowd - Page 3 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Crowd

Squirrelhumper

On 9/11/2019 at 8:18 AM, sbcmfc said:

As poor as a 30,000 crowd at hampden looks and feels, you’re locking 10,000 people out by playing anywhere else.

Didnt think there was 10,000 less at Belgium than Russia?

I recognise that is always the counter argument but for me it's worth it. 

The priority has to be getting a winning team on the park. If playing in front of a packed 20,000 crowd helps that cause then I'm happy for the rest to be locked out. Others may disagree. 

1 minute ago, AlfieMoon said:

The priority has to be getting a winning team on the park. If playing in front of a packed 20,000 crowd helps that cause then I'm happy for the rest to be locked out. Others may disagree. 

I’m sure the season ticket holders that don’t get in to the Kazakhstan and San Marino games would be front of that queue. 😂

I agree for friendlies.

Its hard with season ticket though to know what demand will be in advance. If we’d taken 4 points over weekend and got a draw in Russia, Kazakhstan and San Marino might be close to selling out with 6 points putting us straight to the euros....

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m sure the season ticket holders that don’t get in to the Kazakhstan and San Marino games would be front of that queue. 😂

I agree for friendlies.

Its hard with season ticket though to know what demand will be in advance. If we’d taken 4 points over weekend and got a draw in Russia, Kazakhstan and San Marino might be close to selling out with 6 points putting us straight to the euros....

How many members are in the SSC now?  

I don't remember seeing it reported in ages. I think it peaked about 30k in the late 2000's but have no idea what the tail off has been since. 

2 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

How many members are in the SSC now?  

I don't remember seeing it reported in ages. I think it peaked about 30k in the late 2000's but have no idea what the tail off has been since. 

Skimming the points table, it’s over 20,000, probably about 22,000.

• 4 weeks later...

Predictions for Sunday?

If we get scelped tonight, we could be an all time low morally and people bothering to go. Is our lowest attendance that 12k v Hungary in a friendly loss in 03 or 04?

I'd imagine we'd get over that - just - but could be looking at what 15k on Sunday?

On 9/12/2019 at 9:32 AM, AlfieMoon said:

How long do they need to arrange a football match at a particular venue?

They must have known since early September that tonight's game was likely to be more or less dead rubber, or at best, a mathematical hope, and would struggle to get 20k. Mind you the rate we are going, 20k at a smaller venue would be optimistic. 

Yes,Considering the hideous weather and the equally hideous results,20,600 was a more than respectable crowd.Was talking to a couple of guys from Dundee and we agreed before it was announced that the crowd looked like it was about 20.000.Have been at games with much smaller crowds.Well done all who made the effort.

I won’t often defend the SFA on pricing, etc, but....

On the “take it to Easter road” etc. That crowd or any other crowd we’ve had for a qualifier wouldn’t have fitted in any football stadium outside Glasgow.

On the price: as a stand-alone game, yes it was steep, but with the season ticket pricing and SSC discount on individual games, the SFA/SSC are rewarding loyalty.

To counter that, I saw Belgium the number one team in the world for cheaper than a ticket to the Toni macaroni for an SPFL game.

As squirrel humper says above, you literally couldn’t give tickets away for last nights game, it was a dead rubber, it was pushing with rain... The SFA couldn’t have envisaged that when they set the prices.

I’m curious how many people out there didn’t go last night because of the ticket price? Most of the people talking about it probably didn’t know the price until they read it in the paper on Sunday morning and had no interest in actually going.