Riot Police Deployed in Govan - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Riot Police Deployed in Govan

8 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Fair doos, not gonna argue with facts. Surprised (and disappointed) in Kilmarnock. Genuinely never seen it and I live 5 mins from the town (since 2012) and venture in all the time. Also disappointed in Hurlford as I wrote a local history on the place and have a soft spot for it. Less surprised at Drongan, Cumnock, Auchinleck etc.

In my experience, outwith the major parades in the centre of Glasgow the week before the 12th, you hardly know these local parades are happening.  It tends to be a single band, a couple of dozen "brethern" and a handful of hangers on.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Although I no longer live there, I'm originally from East Ayrshire as well, - the north part - have friends and family there, so I'm still pretty tuned in.  There's been an Orange walk there each July since as long as I can remember and unfortunately its still going.   TBF, its not exactly difficult to ignore it if you want to but it's still there.

This year there's been walks in Kilmarnock, Hurlford, Cumnock (3), Logan, Auchinleck, Drongan, New Cumnock (2), Stewarton (2).   That's pretty much every sizeable town in East Ayrshire with possible exception of Mauchline.

https://www.east-ayrshire.gov.uk/LawAndLicensing/PermissionsForMarchesAndParades/Marches-Parades-Processions/Marches-parades-and-processions-calendar.aspx 

Has the Kilmaurs one stopped? Used to be 2 parades every year when I was a nipper.

I now live in a "posh" part of Paisley,  and I've heard a couple going past the bottom of my street this year.

We can, and have for far too long, danced around the edges of this issue.

Saying its cultural, historic, societal or whatever is wrong, its racism, clear and simple. These people fit a certain stereotype, the photo above is what most people would imagine when asked to imagine an orange order member. They tend to be white bald overweight men, most likely uneducated, support a certain football club, and fly a certain flag out of absolute pure ignorance. I know fuck all about their supposed religion, but I bet I still know more than most of them, they symbolise the absolute worst of bigotry, they don't even follow what they spout.

We need significant numbers of police to attend these marches, and arrest them in great numbers when they start their shite. This wont go away by ignoring it. You shout the N word on the street, you will rightly be arrested, you shout Paki cunt at someone, and you will rightly be arrested, shouting anti catholic stuff needs to be treated the same. If they feel violated, or picked on then tough.

These morons unfortunately have the ability to reproduce, and bring more bastards into society. If they want to live in the 17th century, then buy them an island and tell them to fuck off.