Oli McBurnie - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oli McBurnie

38 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

The BBC article says he addressed the squad to clear the situation up. Didn't actually say he apologised. 

Obviously clear substance to the incident then.

He should fuck off then, if he thinks its appropriate to diss Scotland, then he shouldnt be selected again. A pathetic clearing up is piss poor.

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Nope. “Steve Clarke's Scotland face Russia on Friday and Belgium next Monday.

"He wanted to speak to everyone and clarify the situation, which was cleared up pretty quickly," said Scotland assistant coach Steven Reid.”

No “had to”.

Clearly he felt he had to otherwise he wouldn't have done it 

End of the day he's always turned up for squads (both youth and senior)even when it's looked like he wouldn't start. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt as we all say things we don't really mean and it's not that clear in the video what exactly is being said. If he's spoken to the squad to clear things up with them then he obviously cares about the situation and wants to rectify it.

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

End of the day he's always turned up for squads (both youth and senior)even when it's looked like he wouldn't start. I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt as we all say things we don't really mean and it's not that clear in the video what exactly is being said. If he's spoken to the squad to clear things up with them then he obviously cares about the situation and wants to rectify it.

And if he gets the opportunity to bang one in against Russia or Belgium and takes it......that’s the perfect way to show he cares!👌🏼

30 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Just watched that video again with better sound quality.

Instantly don’t want to see him in a Scotland shirt again - neither does he himself anyway. Fcuk him, useless bearded prick anyway. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

He should fuck off then, if he thinks its appropriate to diss Scotland, then he shouldnt be selected again. A pathetic clearing up is piss poor.

Hope your next shits are thistles 

Idiots

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

Obviously using International footy to further his career. Embarrassing we will probably start him aswell 

So he wants to play for Scotland to further his career but he doesn’t actually want to be called up? He then turns up when he is selected?

Can’t you see how monumentally fucking stupid that is?

I think folk should get a life........I know as someone pointed out earlier that its a topic about the national team but really...... folk say stuff they don’t mean all the time for lots of reasons. some folk are suggesting they should be burnt at the stake for some reason but that’s just silly.

He turns up for squads..... he seems committed, at present he’s not a certain pick and he knows it but he could be in the future. It seems that Clarke has sorted it..... he may or may not have required to give an apology but the outcome has been determined.

As in most things in life...lets move on to the important stuff and rest assured you may never know what went on but that’s OK because you don’t have any control over it anyway. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

2 hours ago, hamilton wanderer said:

People say things they don’t mean all the time. It’s actions that count for me.

Exactly. This is someone with a solid track record of turning up for squads. The fact that he still turns up when he doesn't have to tells me more than some garbled, semi-audible corridor conversation with his club colleagues.

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

By the same reasoning anyone who disses Scotland shouldn't be on the TAMB. Gonna be real quiet around here. 

I'm a middle aged man without the energy to jerk off every night so sadly I've had to turn to this forum for my late night entertainment. Now & then I enjoy reading especially when I read constructive opinions but here I am again reading posts about a joke video that anyone with half a brain should be able to work out & move on from... Anyway i hope my 2nd post can be about a more stimulating topic... 

Edited by theabsentee

Did i hear wrong or..

there was no suggestion that he apologised. he just 'cleared up the situation'. So that means there was nothing to apologise for, else he would have. So.. he just explained what the video was about, and everyone got on with their lives.

Shame some on here can't do the same.

12 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

By the same reasoning anyone who disses Scotland shouldn't be on the TAMB. Gonna be real quiet around here. 

Not one of us would say "I hope not" if I asked if we're being picked. Every single one of us would would cite it as the pinnacle of our career and we'd give every last drop of sweat.

I've avoided the topic because I wanted to hear both sides. I think it's pretty evident from Steven Reid's comments that McBurnie WAS talking about going away with Scotland, otherwise he wouldn't have needed a "clear the air talk" with his team-mates and Steve Clarke. If it really wasn't about Scotland he would've just came out and said what it was about.

At least McBurnie was honest, he held his hands up and admitted that he was caught red handed. At least behind closed doors. If he came out and admitted it in public the fans and the media probably would have probably use it against him till he retired... And beyond. I still remember after a Scotland match, the Scotland players we're clapping the Scotland fans, Ian Ferguson turned to a team-mate and said "Don't clap those wankers". It's been god knows how many years later but that still sticks in my craw.

Do I think McBurnie meant it? Probably not. He was probably trying to act the big man. I'll bet good money that he didn't feel so big explaining it to Steve Clarke, a man who had admits that it still hurts that he only won 6 caps.

Everyone makes mistakes. Let's move on.

7 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Not one of us would say "I hope not" if I asked if we're being picked. Every single one of us would would cite it as the pinnacle of our career and we'd give every last drop of sweat.

I've avoided the topic because I wanted to hear both sides. I think it's pretty evident from Steven Reid's comments that McBurnie WAS talking about going away with Scotland, otherwise he wouldn't have needed a "clear the air talk" with his team-mates and Steve Clarke. If it really wasn't about Scotland he would've just came out and said what it was about.

At least McBurnie was honest, he held his hands up and admitted that he was caught red handed. At least behind closed doors. If he came out and admitted it in public the fans and the media probably would have probably use it against him till he retired... And beyond. I still remember after a Scotland match, the Scotland players we're clapping the Scotland fans, Ian Ferguson turned to a team-mate and said "Don't clap those wankers". It's been god knows how many years later but that still sticks in my craw.

Do I think McBurnie meant it? Probably not. He was probably trying to act the big man. I'll bet good money that he didn't feel so big explaining it to Steve Clarke, a man who had admits that it still hurts that he only won 6 caps.

This is a good post, but it would be even better if the vast majority of your posts weren't about detailing how shite you think the Scotland team is 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Ian Ferguson doesn't like the Scotland support (he has stated that in the public domain), he believes (just like a large vocal minority within the Rangers support) that "The Tartan Trannies" are anti-Rangers and sing songs against the club and their players. . . . . . In all my years of going to Scotland games I can honestly say it's a load of made up paranoid pish.

FFS when i started going (late 70's) it was Celtic players that sometimes got it tight from some in the Rangers End (West Stand).

5 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Ian Ferguson doesn't like the Scotland support (he has stated that in the public domain), he believes (just like a large vocal minority within the Rangers support) that "The Tartan Trannies" are anti-Rangers and sing songs against the club and their players. . . . . . In all my years of going to Scotland games I can honestly say it's a load of made up paranoid pish.

FFS when i started going (late 70's) it was Celtic players that sometimes got it tight from some in the Rangers End (West Stand).

Yeah. Same here. Never heard a peep about Rangers or their players, bad or good. In my eyes when you follow Scotland you leave club football at the door, as it should be.

Hopefully no one links McBurnie's incident to him supporting Rangers, as it's irrelevant. Look at Ryan Jack, he said it's an honour to be called up. 

As with all clubs, there's a fair minded element and an element that's unhinged, the Old Firm are no different.