Oli McBurnie - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oli McBurnie

11 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

The Record is reporting, through his Dad, that McBurnie is 'mortified.'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oli-mcburnie-mortified-shock-video-19023011

You can't deny the commitment he's shown so far. I'd rather base my judgement on that rather than a video out of context.

Find it strange that someone who is mortified, only his dad and manager have spoken to the journals about it and yet he's quite prolific on Twitter, but hasn't even offered a comment/explanation as to what happened

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

3 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Is the most important factor not just being good.. If everyone had the same attitude as yourself then a player like Andy Robertson would never have made it to where he is now. Imagine Dundee Utd scouting him at Queens Park and saying "Good player that Robertson but look at what division he's playing in, think we'll pass on that one" 

Completely different... Scotland aren't there to scout prospects, they are there to play the best players available. One of the factors in defining how good a player is by watching them at the highest level possible. 

If we had called Robbo up while at QP it would've been nuts, just like it's nuts to suggest Shankland is in a similar category to McBurnie, Naismith and Russel because he scores goals against utter dug meat. 

5 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Find it strange that someone who is mortified, only his dad and manager have spoken to the journals about it and yet he's quite prolific on Twitter, but hasn't even offered a comment/explanation as to what happened

Most players are advised not to say anything these days, much like Snoddy saying he hated seeing comments about him not being committed to Scotland but couldn't come out and speak against it. Most are just told to ignore it and keep their head down.

9 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Completely different... Scotland aren't there to scout prospects, they are there to play the best players available. One of the factors in defining how good a player is by watching them at the highest level possible. 

If we had called Robbo up while at QP it would've been nuts, just like it's nuts to suggest Shankland is in a similar category to McBurnie, Naismith and Russel because he scores goals against utter dug meat. 

Did you not just say yourself Scotland are there to play the best players available?... Surely this regards talent as the most important factor rather than the league a player plays in. That is my point in this hence why I have used Robertson and McGinn as examples. McGinn even more so since he was actually called up for Scotland whilst playing in the Scottish Championship. Now I'm not advocating Shankland being in the squad, but that is not because of the league he plays in, it is because he is not one of the best forwards we have available. 

It's a real shame shankland never moved up a level because he really is far too good for the Scottish championship. It's set him back in terms of a Scotland call up because we won't ever consider someone playing at such a low level of football. Hopefully he can get a move to a English championship team in January because he clearly has ability. Amazing that Dundee United came out on top in signing him. Dundee United have basically got themselves a player for free who will likely fire them to promotion and they can sell him for 2m pound at the end of the season. He was probably one of the best free signings any spl club could of made but didn't.

17 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Well that’s not what you said.

you called him a “bitter hun cunt” calling one of our players that is a disgrace. The word is used offensively to describe Rangers supporters with connotations of their religion. Much in the same way a word beginning with F is considered sectarian by the authorities.

It's used to describe Rangers fans, fuck all to do with religion.

My dad is proddy, I don't call him a Hun cunt, as well, he isn't a hun cunt.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's used to describe Rangers fans, fuck all to do with religion.

My dad is proddy, I don't call him a Hun cunt, as well, he isn't a hun cunt.

Lolz. I love that you're on a Scotland supporters forum trying to defend yourself for calling one of our players a "bitter hun cunt" with no real basis for any of that other than he's a Rangers fan, and now you're all butt hurt because you got called out on it. 

I don't give a fuck what pejoratives people use, but at least try to not use them against our lads if you're an actual fan! He also has talked about how he grew up as a Scotland fan living in England and how he used to wear his Scotland top to school as a kid. Can't have been easy for him. He's a good lad in my book. I'd call him a "crackin' hun cunt". 

This is really simple guys.

SC "your called up"

OM "see you soon" or "no thanks"

He's not contracted to Scotland and doesn't get paid. If he turns up he wants to play and the conversation could mean 100 other things. If he starts refusing call ups, we move on and he's no great loss from what I've seen so far. Not really worth a debate IMO.

On 8/29/2019 at 3:51 PM, BraveheartGordon said:

Well that’s not what you said.

you called him a “bitter hun cunt” calling one of our players that is a disgrace. The word is used offensively to describe Rangers supporters with connotations of their religion. Much in the same way a word beginning with F is considered sectarian by the authorities.

Hun is not a sectarian term. It was and is used to describe rangers fans regardless of their religion.i can tell you when the term was first used to describe rangers fans if you like and it had absolutely fuck all to do with religion

That said, I thought there was no need for humpers comment.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:11 PM, Texas Pete said:

I’m a Rangers supporter. The comment didn’t antagonise or offend me but the guy that posted it is a bit of a sad act if that’s what he was trying to do.  

I reckon most rangers fans on here would feel the same as you. 

I do laugh when certain people go on about rangers not being welcome. There are are plenty of rangers fans on here who seem to get on well with others without acting like a victim.

Only arseholes are not welcome, except me I get to stay

On 8/30/2019 at 10:23 AM, mrniaboc said:

Lolz. I love that you're on a Scotland supporters forum trying to defend yourself for calling one of our players a "bitter hun cunt" with no real basis for any of that other than he's a Rangers fan, and now you're all butt hurt because you got called out on it. 

I don't give a fuck what pejoratives people use, but at least try to not use them against our lads if you're an actual fan! He also has talked about how he grew up as a Scotland fan living in England and how he used to wear his Scotland top to school as a kid. Can't have been easy for him. He's a good lad in my book. I'd call him a "crackin' hun cunt". 

Good post. 

Mcburnie can be a hun all he wants, if he slams in the winner against Russia he will be our hun cunt 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

He's had to apologise to the rest of the squad so it sounds like there was something to it after all. 

There was always something to it, his dad had said something to that effect.

I am quite sure that the rest of the squad will see it for what it was, an attempt to break up the tedium of work by having a laugh with a mate.

Some juvenile Rangers hating Braveheart fans might see it differently but that is all it was.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

There was always something to it, his dad had said something to that effect.

I am quite sure that the rest of the squad will see it for what it was, an attempt to break up the tedium of work by having a laugh with a mate.

Some juvenile Rangers hating Braveheart fans might see it differently but that is all it was.

:wtf:

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

it did on Reporting Scotland.   

Interesting. Well if he did really have to apologise then I hope the explanation was that he was just bantering with his team mates. I mean, which on of us hasn't banter Ed about how shite an upcoming Scotland match might be? Especially those of us who work with a lot of English people. Still, stupid of him to do that on video. 

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Juvenile= childlike in attitude

Rangers hating- Don't want any one Scottish seen on social media in a Rangers top, unless they play for Rangers

Braveheart fan- Some one who thinks nationality is still a matter of life or death and shouldn't be joked about.

Didn't know that Michael Forsyth posted on the TAMB.

3 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Interesting. Well if he did really have to apologise then I hope the explanation was that he was just bantering with his team mates. I mean, which on of us hasn't banter Ed about how shite an upcoming Scotland match might be? Especially those of us who work with a lot of English people. Still, stupid of him to do that on video. 

It’s all a load of bollocks. 

If he didn’t want to play for Scotland he wouldn’t be in the squad. Simple as that. Nobody is forcing him to play and he’s not getting paid for it so he’s here because he wants to be. 

Time to move on I think. 

7 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

He wasn't exactly playing to the camera.

If the SFA saw some CCTV of me at work I would have been chucked out of the supporters club years ago