Oli McBurnie - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Oli McBurnie

12 hours ago, Rohan said:

Why? We have Naismith, McBurnie, and Russell, Shankland certainly wouldn't look out of place in the company of these 3 greats...

Naismith has been very good for Scotland, scored some big goals and played up top himself plenty of times.

He's scored goals for fun with Killie/Rangers & Hearts, scoring over 70 goals in the top flight in the SPL and played over 150 games with Everton/Norwich. He;s also played 49 times for Scotland scoring 10 goals.

He's miles ahead of the level Shankland has ever been close to and given he's playing lower league football at the age of 24 (when Naismith was that age he was Rangers to man and about to move to Everton) then i doubt he ever will get to that level.

1st listen I couldn't hear anything else but "I hope not" then what I thought was him saying "shite", but not "it's shite".

Listened again today to just the audio without the distraction of the video and he defo says "I don't know, are you?". Fleck says he's injured so Oli says "you're gonna leave me to go on my own" then clearly a different voice says "shite".

There's about 5 different conversations going on there so it is hard to tell but I'm pretty confident the above is the closest thing to what happened. 

2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

The Record is reporting, through his Dad, that McBurnie is 'mortified.'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oli-mcburnie-mortified-shock-video-19023011

You can't deny the commitment he's shown so far. I'd rather base my judgement on that rather than a video out of context.

Shop floor banter, now put it to bin.

Most of us would be put in a very hard position if any off the stuff we said about our wives's, bosses,workmates friends and all sorts of other shit for a laugh came to light.

But you shouldn't say that about your country, well you can only say it about things you care about.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Naismith has been very good for Scotland, scored some big goals and played up top himself plenty of times.

He's scored goals for fun with Killie/Rangers & Hearts, scoring over 70 goals in the top flight in the SPL and played over 150 games with Everton/Norwich. He;s also played 49 times for Scotland scoring 10 goals.

He's miles ahead of the level Shankland has ever been close to and given he's playing lower league football at the age of 24 (when Naismith was that age he was Rangers to man and about to move to Everton) then i doubt he ever will get to that level.

Totally agree... The level the player is competing at is the most important factor in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

The Record is reporting, through his Dad, that McBurnie is 'mortified.'

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oli-mcburnie-mortified-shock-video-19023011

You can't deny the commitment he's shown so far. I'd rather base my judgement on that rather than a video out of context.

shut the thread now

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bigoted connotations? Care to enlighten me?

His Twitter is full of Rangers pish, how's saying that being bigoted ya gimp?

Well that’s not what you said.

you called him a “bitter hun cunt” calling one of our players that is a disgrace. The word is used offensively to describe Rangers supporters with connotations of their religion. Much in the same way a word beginning with F is considered sectarian by the authorities.

1 hour ago, BraveheartGordon said:

That’s not how it works actually. You don’t get to say whatever you like regardless of whether it offends someone or not. That’s not how free speech works.

That is exactly how it works. 

1 hour ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Enjoy your enlightenment.

clearly lists hun as a sectarian term.

https://nilbymouth.org/history/

Fuck nilbymouth they don’t get to dictate to the rest of us. 

5 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Totally agree... The level the player is competing at is the most important factor in my opinion. 

Is the most important factor not just being good.. If everyone had the same attitude as yourself then a player like Andy Robertson would never have made it to where he is now. Imagine Dundee Utd scouting him at Queens Park and saying "Good player that Robertson but look at what division he's playing in, think we'll pass on that one" 

I

14 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Is the most important factor not just being good.. If everyone had the same attitude as yourself then a player like Andy Robertson would never have made it to where he is now. Imagine Dundee Utd scouting him at Queens Park and saying "Good player that Robertson but look at what division he's playing in, think we'll pass on that one" 

It is up to the clubs to promote players up the leagues not the national team. That is what happened to Robertson

Obviously  the best players end up in the best leagues unless Celtic or Rangers are their boyhood heroes.

The Shankland case is a total enigma. Surely teams have looked at Shanklands  scoring record and sent scouts to have a look yet no team with any ability to pay more than Dundee UTD has put in an offer.

Quality of the league is a pretty good indicator of the players ability

2 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

That’s not how it works actually. You don’t get to say whatever you like regardless of whether it offends someone or not. That’s not how free speech works.

It was said to antagonise people on here. Rangers are not welcome.

Edited by er yir macaroon

38 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

It was said to antagonise people on here. Rangers are not welcome.

I’m a Rangers supporter. The comment didn’t antagonise or offend me but the guy that posted it is a bit of a sad act if that’s what he was trying to do.