Wales v Scotland - ticket question - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wales v Scotland - ticket question

GaryWood34

You’d be doing very, very well to get ten together!

The six nations ticket applications have just gone out to clubs. Not sure if you’re too late, but you could join your local club and apply before their deadline (mid September at my place). You may score a couple that way. More if your mates do the same.

As it’s at wales, you may have to register with the WRU to have a ticket account before applying. You need to do that with Scotland for home games. Not sure if you can apply through Scotland for the wales tickets. However, it’s worth setting up an account, as it eats into the time available to you when the launch goes live. Also, a superfast broadband connection when they go live is good. If you multiply this approach across your mates, you’ll probably get a few. Similarly, if your mates are welsh, maybe they can get a few through joining their club (that’s how I’m getting mine this year).

No idea about online touts like viagogo. There don’t tend to be that many on the day in Cardiff, although you do see them. You may also get lucky in a pub, etc.

Finally, if you do get tickets, get in early. The queues with increased security are particularly bad in Cardiff. I went for our last trip there in the 6N (best forgotten!) and also another game, and the queues were something to behold. The anthems were, as ever, excellent.

Good luck!

Another finally... if it’s just a Scotland away match in the 6 Nations you fancy, Italy is probably your best bet for 10 tickets together. They tend to be freely available on the Italian website. I think going there takes you through to their version of ticketmaster.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

General sale today.

Seems to be loads of tickets available on the e-ticketing website for WRU. Albeit that they're all in the upper tiers towards the back. 

Hopefully you get sorted. 

Thanks for the heads up.

Managed to get all but one over the previous days in member and priority sales. We were after 1 today.and managed to get it - he will be sat on his own - fairly jealous. 

Thanks for all the suggestions gents. 

• 4 months later...

Great advice from Duncan about getting into the stadium early. Two years ago we queued for a good 45 minutes to get in and almost missed the anthems. Been to a few games at the Millennium Stadium since and there has always been healthy queues.

My advice would be to start heading to the stadium at least an hour before ko time at the absolute minimum and that’s assuming you’re in a city centre boozer relatively near the stadium. I’ll be making my way there a good 90 minutes beforehand and since you can get a pint inside anyway there’s no reason to leave it much later.

Also try and avoid taking any bags as that will slow you down and rucksacks are a no-no. Ladies’ handbags are about your limit!

Edited by DaveyDenoon

• 1 month later...

Would they not have been as well just playing the game, albeit behind closed door, rather than cancelling at this late stage? 

There will be tens of thousands of punters mixing in the same boozers in the same area this evening. 

13 hours ago, Farcity said:

Would they not have been as well just playing the game, albeit behind closed door, rather than cancelling at this late stage? 

There will be tens of thousands of punters mixing in the same boozers in the same area this evening. 

Seems daft to me to call it off when loads of folk are already there or en route. Was out last night just outside Cardiff and it’s just full of scots on the bevvy. More again today, I suspect.

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2019 at 5:03 PM, GaryWood34 said:

Hi, 

10 of us hoping to attend this in March next year

public sale is next month.

questions if you can help..

do do I need to do any registering before attempting to buy?

What’s my chances of getting tickets? Is it hard?

cheers

2 years late, but here you go…

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/principalitystadium/Events

• 2 months later...

Quite fancy a trip down to Cardiff but probably won’t manage this time.  I noticed that there were still tickets the other day.  

Going to Murrayfield for the Calcutta Cup opener next Saturday. Hopefully better than the last home game vs England that we lost in horrendous conditions. 

On 1/29/2022 at 7:46 PM, AlfieMoon said:

Quite fancy a trip down to Cardiff but probably won’t manage this time.  I noticed that there were still tickets the other day.  

Going to Murrayfield for the Calcutta Cup opener next Saturday. Hopefully better than the last home game vs England that we lost in horrendous conditions. 

Simply the coldest I have ever been at a sporting event.

There we’re still some tickets left for the France game last I checked if anyone’s interested.

• 2 weeks later...