Still looking - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Still looking

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

How much do you reckon he was on at Villa? 20k a week?? Realistically only the OF could afford him unless he would take a 90% + drop in wages...

And realistically he's probably not good enough for the OF anymore (at least as a regular starter). Shows how wage inflation in England has taken a player that could probably do a good job for a club like Aberdeen or Hearts out of financial reach for those clubs.

Edited by Clyde1998

20 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

And realistically he's probably not good enough for the OF anymore (at least as a regular starter). Shows how wage inflation in England has taken a player that could probably do a good job for a club like Aberdeen or Hearts out of financial reach for those clubs.

I am surprised a championship or league one club never took a punt on him

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I am surprised a championship or league one club never took a punt on him

By the sounds of it they have but he doesn't want to have to travel.  I'd assume he's based in the Birmingham area if he's been at Villa for that long so it looks like he's holding out for an offer from a Midlands based club which could explain why he's still looking. 

3 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

What i would say does he really need the money?? Though a club like Aberdeen is a long way away from Birmingham...

On 9/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, shaggycoo said:

How much do you reckon he was on at Villa? 20k a week?? Realistically only the OF could afford him unless he would take a 90% + drop in wages...

Well he is actually earning nothing at the moment so I guess it comes down to how much he still wants to play.