Scottish players abroad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish players abroad

The_Dark_Knight

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/scotland/

EPL: 13 (It would be 16 but 3 are retired. I assume Ritchie is one of them)

Bundesliga: 1 

Serie A:  1

Eredivisie: 1

Only 16 players playing in top level leagues (If you consider Eredivisie to be "top level"). Three are center backs and only one striker. Just goes to underline how difficult a job it'll be for Steve Clarke. The depth of the player-pool is shallow.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

9 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

https://uk.soccerway.com/players/players_abroad/scotland/

Bundesliga: 1 

Only 16 players playing in top level leagues (If you consider Eredivisie to be "top level"). Three are center backs and only one striker. Just goes to underline how difficult a job it'll be for Steve Clarke. The depth of the player-pool is shallow.

Who's playing in the Bundesliga?

15 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Only 15 players playing in top level leagues (If you consider Eredivisie to be "top level"). Two are center backs and only one striker. Just goes to underline how difficult a job it'll be for Steve Clarke. The depth of the player-pool is shallow.

Edited.

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Did you watch?

Played a full 90 minutes. Stats suggest Verona got a pasting though although hard to judge when down to 10 men.

Didn't watch it.

Just my usual view of the statistical information available.

He barely touched the ball and when he did he wanted to get it to another player asap and only managed to make the pass 47% of the time.

Looks like Verona have spent little money in the summer so we might see a bit of him after all.

Your right about the 10 man bit and his first game in Serie B so maybe I am being a bit harsh or maybe I was just hoping for a miracle

https://hellasverona.it/2019/08/25/henderson_siamo_stati_leoni_grazie_ai_tifosi_per_l_affetto_video

Liam Henderson speaking the Italiano.....

From reading Football Italia magazine back in the good old Channel 4 days Tifosi basically means fans/supporters so seems to have good rapport with them.

Glad he's stuck with it out there and will now get regular games in Serie A.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Doubt if we will see much of Henderson in Serie A

He's a key midfielder for them.

Just looking at their squad options for that area...Miguel Veloso (that's a blast from the past) going to be a regular, Luca Marrone who played 24 games for them last season, Emmanuel Badu who's been a good player for Udinese for many years and after that it's young 19-20 year olds, wingers and Valerio Varre who's spent much of his career in Serie B.

Think he'll be starting plenty if they're a 4-3-3 team unless they sack the coach or get in loads of players before their transfer window shuts.

16 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Technically speaking Hamburg own him.

By that account I really should add La Liga as Harper is with Malaga.

Thanks for the catch. :)

Harper moved from Malaga to Getafe in the summer and was then promptly sent back to the 2nd div on loan to AD Alcorcón...