Suing a Public Body - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Suing a Public Body

Anybody know about stuff like this?  Without boring folk with the details, the actions (or rather non-actions) of a certain public organisation has cost me thousands and resulted in a significant amount of stress for me, something which they've accepted.

Do you have to go through their complaints process which in this case could give them 3 months to respond after which I'd no doubt be fobbed off.  I can then go to an ombudsman, but I get the feeling such an entity would likely be someone who used to have a chief exec role in such an organisation so they'd likely side with their old colleagues.  Or should I go straight to a solicitor?  Problem of course is that they'd be able to afford better lawyers than me and if I lose, well I could end up with a big bill for eff all.  I'm not sure if there's such a thing as no-win, no-fee when looking for compensation outwith personal injury cases.

I've had a lame apology that they hope "brings a resolution" to the matter.  However, I don't see why these useless bstrds should get away with what they've done to me and they've already "accepted and acknowledged" that their service fell short of their charter.