Best Scotland XI since you've been watching football - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Scotland XI since you've been watching football

The_Dark_Knight

Gordon

Hutton Caldwell McManus Robertson

Lambert Brown Fletcher

McFadden                 Maloney

Miller

A lot harder than I was expecting. This is post WC98 and discounting a few of the current group that may be included in future (Fraser, Griffiths, Tierney, Forrest etc)

That team is half full of either World class players or have given world class performances at points in their career. Hutton, Gordon, Lambert and McFadden at their peak would get in most Scotland teams. Caldwell and Miller would put their lives on the line for Scotland. And Robertson may well lead us into a Golden generation (fingers crossed)

7 hours ago, saintsparky said:
7 hours ago, saintsparky said:

I did say it was maybe not the best players...

Back in the 1970's my dad got me his autograph from the sports shop he worked in.....hence always had a soft spot for him.

Apologies. Teach me to skim read.

Along the same lines I would have Ally Hunter in goals simply because he was the keeper playing when I watched my first game on colour TV.(1973)

We lost 1-0 but seem to remember thinking he was brilliant,. Doubt if any one found it as memorable as I did to back me up.

Thats the post I meant reply to

Leighton

McNamara hendry Weir  Robertson

Collins Lambert Ferguson

McFadden Mccoist Gallacher

Leighton gets in ahead of goram only because of the Sweden match at ibrox, it was my first and leighton was unbelievable that day.

I almost picked john mcginley because he scored the winner that day but decided against.it

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Leighton

Collins Lambert Ferguson

Leighton gets in ahead of goram only because of the Sweden match at ibrox, it was my first and leighton was unbelievable that day.

I almost picked john mcginley because he scored the winner that day but decided against.it

That game was Leighton v Sweden. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Leighton

Collins Lambert Ferguson

It was my wife's first and last game, she kept asking things "like why haven't they scored yet" and " when do they get to score"

Probably the best single performance by a Scotland player ever.

McGregor

Jardine

McGrain

McQueen

Forsyth ( Miller was a better player (just) but Forsyth's partnership with McQueen was fantastic)

Bremner

Baxter

Dalglish (Had to drop him back into midfield to make way for my forward line of Johnston(e)s.

Any three from the four Johnston(e)s. I would probably start with Jimmy, Derek and Mo then bring on Willie as sub if Jimmy was having an off day.