Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium. - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium.

marinello

10 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

How did Halkett play?

He was much better than Berra, although not as dominant throughout the game as I remember him at Livingston.

Would have no problems with Halkett in the Scotland set up.  Carved out Hearts' first goal against us really well.

Accies' teenage winger Lewis Smith is in the under 21s but keep an eye out for him.

Halkett's not just a defender, he's a real goal threat, it's unfortunate that he was playing along side Berra on Sat, CDB was awful and Halkett didn't get a chance to show what he's made of, he'll def be a future international and I think he's good enough now but he needs to show it more. 

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

Any other instances of Scotland squad being announced and player changing clubs before the match is played?

And will the records show Greg Taylor as Kilmarnock FC? (as per the initial squad announcement).

There is a Scotland squad announced at the end of August most years so I would imagine it has happened before fairly recently.

Must have happened lots of times before the transfer window was a thing as well. 

I can't recall any specific examples though.

18 hours ago, IainMore said:

So the spoiled crybaby mcgurnie didnae want to play for his country GTF mcgurnie

This is old news. 

If he didn’t want to play he wouldn’t be in the squad. 

Well done on your childish, schoolboy attempt at changing his name though. You must be proud of that one. 

23 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If he didn’t want to play he wouldn’t be in the squad

This.

Also, it's amazing how many players are seemingly fitter and not prone to injury now that Steve Clarke is manager. If McLeish was still manager half of the squad would've pulled out.

Not naming names, but some of our players ought to look at themselves in the mirror and ask themselves if they are as committed as they should be.

Not gonna lie I'm not mentally ready for either of these games or indeed what the starting 11 could be looking at what we're left to pick from, particularly at the back and up front.

I suppose the adult in me sees the bigger picture is that as long as Clarke can get closer to the team selection and type of performance he's looking for as we work towards the safety net of the playoff then it's fine. But it's hard not to WANT to give a good account of ourselves. Here's hoping we can.

31 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Not gonna lie I'm not mentally ready for either of these games or indeed what the starting 11 could be looking at what we're left to pick from, particularly at the back and up front.

I suppose the adult in me sees the bigger picture is that as long as Clarke can get closer to the team selection and type of performance he's looking for as we work towards the safety net of the playoff then it's fine. But it's hard not to WANT to give a good account of ourselves. Here's hoping we can.

Think I'm in the opposite camp. All the players not available that might have started are ones that would not be in my eleven. So in a way Clarkes hand is pretty much forced.

Would have liked Hanley as cover and Paterson in there at right back but it's not far of our best eleven in my opinion, assuming he picks the right one of course.