Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium. - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium.

marinello

2 hours ago, csinclair said:

His individual performances have been alright but the whole defence looks shaky as they all have no confidence in Butland

Tartan Tinted specs on I think. Saw him playing recently for Stoke v Preston and he was pretty poor, part of a woeful Stoke defence right now and they all look as culpable as each other

Edited by bazmidd

Grant Hanley is set to miss Scotland’s Euro 2020 double-header with Russia and Belgium.

The Norwich star has a groin injury, leaving Steve Clarke with just Charlie Mulgrew and Liam Cooper in central defence.

The Scotland boss could decide to call up someone such as Sheffield Wednesday defender David Bates who has been in past squads.

It could even be an opportunity to hand a maiden call-up to highly-rated Heartscentre back Craig Halkett.

Meanwhile, James Morrison insists he'll never give up on playing for Scotland is also determined to claim three extra caps.

Many people believe he has 46 but Morrison is insistent he has more than that.

He said: “I saw Frank Reilly at Snoddy’s wedding and he said I had 49 caps. I’ve been saying this to people for ages and no-one believes me. I’ll need to count it!”

“I’d never give up playing for Scotland. I loved it. If I get playing and I get picked, I’d be over the moon.”

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Devlin being called up is bizarre, considine at Aberdeen has played better recently and for some of last season. I'm not advocated a considine call up just illustrating the bizarre call up of devlin. 

Bates is a surprise as well. He didn’t feature at all for Wednesday yesterday. 

I doubt either will play in our next two games anyway unless we have further injuries.

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Bates is a surprise as well. He didn’t feature at all for Wednesday yesterday. 

I doubt either will play in our next two games anyway unless we have further injuries.

It's a couple of call ups based on being called up previously with nobody actually checking whether they've had game time or been injured. I thought clarke would be more thorough than this.

37 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's a couple of call ups based on being called up previously with nobody actually checking whether they've had game time or been injured. I thought clarke would be more thorough than this.

In his defence he didn’t select Bates or Devlin to see if they got any game time at the weekend. Devlin did but Bates didn’t (although he did play in midweek). 

Clarke was only planning on calling up one more CB until Hanley got injured. 

I thought Halkett would’ve got in but obviously Clarke didn’t like what he saw yesterday.