Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad announcement for Russia/Belgium.

marinello

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I cam eon to ask the very same thing.  I am not expecting any whole sale changes, we may see Griffiths back along with Steven Naismith and Burke and McBurnie to miss out. 

Can't really see McBurnie missing out after the season he had followed by a big money move to the EPL. I think he's just getting eased into Sheffield Utd's side like the rest of the new signings there.

4 minutes ago, csinclair said:

Can't really see McBurnie missing out after the season he had followed by a big money move to the EPL. I think he's just getting eased into Sheffield Utd's side like the rest of the new signings there.

That's the breaks unfortunately.   He must have known there was a pretty good chance that Lampard would be off to Chelsea when he signed though.

5 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Right but he hasn't started any. I reckon he is not match sharp with all of the distractions going on during pre-season. 

He's come on in both and was directly involved in the goal that got them a point against Bournemouth.

United play in a particular way that i think players coming in need to get used to.
Plus the manager is showing faith with the guys that got them promoted, and rightfully so it seems.
Of the 7 new players they bought in, only 1 started the last game.

4 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Yes he made a money move, but he has not started many games or has anything to resemble good form. If he makes it, I wont be complaining, I do want him to do well. 

He’s a striker who plays in the EPL and would’ve been in the last squad if not for injury so I’d be pretty surprised if he doesn’t make this one.

A lot will depend on whether Griffiths comes back in or not I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

He’s a striker who plays in the EPL and would’ve been in the last squad if not for injury so I’d be pretty surprised if he doesn’t make this one.

A lot will depend on whether Griffiths comes back in or not I suppose. 

He's a right back, I'm just giving the Thistle feedback on Griffiths.