IDS - State pension at 75 - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

IDS - State pension at 75

32 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Bit simplistic no? 

which bit ?  selfish kents - runs pretty true in my experience 

can't think of any conservative voter that i know, who that does not apply to - pretty much the core driver to their character

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Depends how you define selfish I suppose. 

motivated by self interest, with no consideration for other's

willing to act to the obvious disadvantage of other's as long as "I'm alright" 

Or have a "what's in it for me " attitude

now coming from a farming background, I think farmers are some of the biggest kent's and vote conservative and have this attitude  - being from that background, well qualified, good pay I guess lot of folk think that i should be conservative but i am not   

I've had conversations with farmers who due to their bias were quite happy that the EU subsidies due to Scotland hill farmers, were passed out  to English farmers "nae caring - would only be a small amount per acre"  

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-49362698

Edited by euan2020

12 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Seems a lazy stereotype for millions of voters.

is it inaccurate though ? + majority are in England,  so i will hardly be upset if they are offended - I guess Scotland only has 1.2 Million of Tory voters  

or how would you define a Conservative Voter ?  

Edited by euan2020

31 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I wouldn’t, well not beyond someone who has voted conservative. 

Why should any voter be defined?

any voter defines themselves by the way they vote - right,left centre middle etc  - they make that choice themselves -

3 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

any voter defines themselves by the way they vote - right,left centre middle etc  - they make that choice themselves -

Not sure I agree with that, how many people define or even think about left right and centre when they vote? And who defines what is left and what is right, especially now a days when you’re either a commie or a nazi 

54 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not sure I agree with that, how many people define or even think about left right and centre when they vote? And who defines what is left and what is right, especially now a days when you’re either a commie or a nazi 

well 

I don't believe you will get any conservative party member, trying to argue they are left or left centre