U21 Squad for September - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 Squad for September

csinclair

Goalkeepers: Ross Doohan (Ayr United), Robby McCrorie (Queen of the South), Kieran Wright (Rangers)

Defenders: Daniel Harvie (Ayr United), George Johnston (Feyenoord), Ross McCrorie (Portsmouth), Tom McIntyre (Reading), Ryan Porteous (Hibernian), Patrick Reading (Middlesborough)

Midfielders: Allan Campbell (Motherwell), Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen), Billy Gilmour (Chelsea), Jordan Holsgrove (Reading), Stephen Kelly (Ayr United), Kyle Magennis (St Mirren), Kyle McAllister (St Mirren), Lewis Smith (Hamilton).

Forwards: Fraser Hornby (Everton), Michael Johnston (Celtic), Connor McLennan (Aberdeen), Glenn Middleton (Hibernian), James Scott (Motherwell).

3 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

No Harry Souttar yet a CH from Ayr United. Is he Australian now?

Aye and good riddance to Souttar.

He doesn't want to play for us. Took a wee tantrum about not being included in a squad over a year ago.

Loaned out again to Fleetwood for another season anyway, doesn't look as though Stoke are keeping him for the long term.

Enjoy all those nice long flights to Australia Harry :ok:

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye and good riddance to Souttar.

He doesn't want to play for us. Took a wee tantrum about not being included in a squad over a year ago.

Loaned out again to Fleetwood for another season anyway, doesn't look as though Stoke are keeping him for the long term.

Enjoy all those nice long flights to Australia Harry :ok:

100% In agreement.

24 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

100% In agreement.

Loaned out to,Fleetwood no different from McCrorie loaned out to Portsmouth (and he’s not even starting in league one). Saying that if he would rather play for Australia good luck to him. Seems a strange choice. 

Just now, GHfaeGTA said:

Loaned out to,Fleetwood no different from McCrorie loaned out to Portsmouth (and he’s not even starting in league one). Saying that if he would rather play for Australia good luck to him. Seems a strange choice. 

Portsmouth will be competing for promotion  Fleetwood will be mid table at best.

It's been explained why he made the choice. Harry Souttar is a precious wee soul who threw his toys out the pram after being omitted from an earlier Scotland U21 squad. 

20 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Honestly, I think he knew that he wasn't good enough to play for Scotland, either that or he played perhaps the worst game of bluff in the history of bluff... it was a game...

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Portsmouth will be competing for promotion  Fleetwood will be mid table at best.

It's been explained why he made the choice. Harry Souttar is a precious wee soul who threw his toys out the pram after being omitted from an earlier Scotland U21 squad. 

Is that a defence for the fact McCrorie doesn't get a game?

Sure he will anyway, seems the thing these days to introduce players slowly.

23 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Is that a defence for the fact McCrorie doesn't get a game?

Sure he will anyway, seems the thing these days to introduce players slowly.

You do know that McCrorie had to miss one game because he had been sent off ? He played the other day anyway.

Harry Souttar is no loss.

17 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You do know that McCrorie had to miss one game because he had been sent off ? He played the other day anyway.

Harry Souttar is no loss.

No I didn't know,

.The way you worded it did suggest that not getting a game for Portsmouth was far better than not getting a game for Fleetwood neither you or the original poster mentioned the suspension. I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No I didn't know,

.The way you worded it did suggest that not getting a game for Portsmouth was far better than not getting a game for Fleetwood neither you or the original poster mentioned the suspension. I stand corrected.

He was benched at the weekend to be fair. But then came on and played the final 20 mins at right back. Interesting. 

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No I didn't know,

.The way you worded it did suggest that not getting a game for Portsmouth was far better than not getting a game for Fleetwood neither you or the original poster mentioned the suspension. I stand corrected

Aye, it's my fault. I must be spanked.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No I didn't know,

To clarify Souttar starts every game for Fleetwood (he is still only 20) and McCrorie was on bench on Saturday and came on at 73 minutes. I think Souttar could very well be a big loss in the long run . Much rather have him than aCH at Ayr who if I recall correctly was binned by Aberdeen not long ago

4 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

To clarify Souttar starts every game for Fleetwood (he is still only 20) and McCrorie was on bench on Saturday and came on at 73 minutes. I think Souttar could very well be a big loss in the long run . Much rather have him than aCH at Ayr who if I recall correctly was binned by Aberdeen not long ago

Andy Robertson was "binned" by Celtic ......

Souttar looked a very clumsy, mistake prone player when I've seen footage of him. No loss.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Andy Robertson was "binned" by Celtic ......

Souttar looked a very clumsy, mistake prone player when I've seen footage of him. No loss.

You’re not seriously suggesting that Daniel Harvie will reach the heights of Andy Robertson and in any case Robbo  was binned at 15 whereas Harvie was already a pro

1 minute ago, GHfaeGTA said:

You’re not seriously suggesting that Daniel Harvie will reach the heights of Andy Robertson and in any case Robbo  was binned at 15 whereas Harvie was already a pro

Yes, he'll be a Champions League winner within the next three years. Let's see if he bites 

5 hours ago, csinclair said:

Goalkeepers: Ross Doohan (Ayr United), Robby McCrorie (Queen of the South), Kieran Wright (Rangers)

Defenders: Daniel Harvie (Ayr United), George Johnston (Feyenoord), Ross McCrorie (Portsmouth), Tom McIntyre (Reading), Ryan Porteous (Hibernian), Patrick Reading (Middlesborough)

Midfielders: Allan Campbell (Motherwell), Lewis Ferguson (Aberdeen), Billy Gilmour (Chelsea), Jordan Holsgrove (Reading), Stephen Kelly (Ayr United), Kyle Magennis (St Mirren), Kyle McAllister (St Mirren), Lewis Smith (Hamilton).

Forwards: Fraser Hornby (Everton), Michael Johnston (Celtic), Connor McLennan (Aberdeen), Glenn Middleton (Hibernian), James Scott (Motherwell).

Is he not just on loan from Rangers?