The Evolution and Dinosaur Hoaxes Laid Out - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Evolution and Dinosaur Hoaxes Laid Out

32 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Can someone tell me again who benefits and how from telling us that the earth isn't flat? ^?^

That would be Satan. As we all know the Bible tells us the world is flat hence any deviation from that is an attempt to drive us away from the baby Jesus. Anyone who presents information contrary to this flat earth view is either in league with Satan and his earthly servants or being fooled probably cause they have not got 'at least average intelligence'. Or sumthin or nuthin.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Pythagorean theorem is incorporated to determine the curvature of the earth (using the approx. 25,000 mile circumference that was given to us by the spinning ball globists). 

Oh no! not "globalists" again! 😲 

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That's doesn't explain "24 squared"

The '24' is for the 24 mile length of the bridge.

We were given the approx. 25,000 mile circumference.

If that is correct, then the earth should curve approx. 8inches for the first mile, 32 inches for the second mile, 72 inches for the 3rd mile... and 384 feet for 24 miles.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

If that is correct, then the earth should curve approx. 8inches for the first mile, 32 inches for the second mile, 72 inches for the 3rd mile... and 384 feet for 24 miles.

Have you ever considered teaching mathematics?

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No it's 8 inches for the first mile, then it's 8 inches for the next mile and so on.

Going by the diagram at the end of the video the guy seems to be assuming that the bridge should actually travel off into space at a tangent to its starting point.

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

No it's 8 inches for the first mile, then it's 8 inches for the next mile and so on.

Going by the diagram at the end of the video the guy seems to be assuming that the bridge should actually travel off into space at a tangent to its starting point.

The approximation formula he is using is correct. The application of the formula and the conclusions drawn are garbage.

2 hours ago, glasgow jock said:

I'm away from school 37 years, but i/m sure the answer is the Moon ??

Are you thinking 'tides'?

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Pythagoras would disagree.

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I'd doubt it. If you walk for a mile you're still on the ground not floating 8 inches in the air.

And, of course, that's not what're talking about.

We're talking about being able to see things at distance that should be below the (imaginary) curve.

4 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Yep.

Explain then.

I was talking to a real person today who could barely believe there were real people arguing about the shape of the earth.

Anyway I asked him how he would most simply demonstrate the curvature of the Earth and he said you could see it from a balloon going directly upwards.

So, aside from all those other calculations, we should look out for any video footage from balloons........?

3 hours ago, exile said:

I was talking to a real person today who could barely believe there were real people arguing about the shape of the earth.

Oh, I'm all too aware.

He's someone who would bet everything they have PLUS the lives of himself and his family on the earth being a spinning ball DESPITE never being back (or up) far enough himself to see the actual shape for himself

"A globe in every classroom." :wave:

3 hours ago, exile said:

Anyway I asked him how he would most simply demonstrate the curvature of the Earth and he said you could see it from a balloon going directly upwards.

:um-no:

This amateur rocket stops (for some reason) at 73 miles (and we're still no further ahead).

You ain't going up no 73 miles in a balloon.

4 hours ago, exile said:

So, aside from all those other calculations, we should look out for any video footage from balloons........?

NASA used balloons up until about 1960 (first American in 'space' was in 1961) and then they (supposedly) landed on the moon in 1969.

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

And, of course, that's not what're talking about.

We're talking about being able to see things at distance that should be below the (imaginary) curve.

Explain then.

The chap in the video seems rather perturbed by the fact the bridge was built 2 inches longer because of the curvature of the earth. However he is not at all bothered by the fact that if the earth was flat there would be no need for the extra 2 inches. Maybe he needs to change his focus a bit.

Anyway you want the maths, yes? Would you not rather get out a pencil and paper and work it out yourself,it's very easy you don't even need Pythagoras most famous formula.