The Evolution and Dinosaur Hoaxes Laid Out - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Evolution and Dinosaur Hoaxes Laid Out

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Watch the video, then give me your thoughts.

Ok, just supply me some evidence that you are of ' at least average intelligence' and we're good to go, have you done a test or got a certificate or something. Not wanting to spend 90 mins watching a vid and then discover that you're a bit of a thicko and not able to help me understand it.

The Ionians discovered the truth about the Sun , the Earth and the Stars but their last great scientist, Hypatia was burnt to death in 415. Christians believed the Bible was correct and the Earth was the centre of the Universe. It took till 1979 before the Vatican accepted this was not so. Dear dear.

5 hours ago, teecee- said:

The Ionians discovered the truth about the Sun , the Earth and the Stars but their last great scientist, Hypatia was burnt to death in 415. Christians believed the Bible was correct and the Earth was the centre of the Universe. It took till 1979 before the Vatican accepted this was not so. Dear dear.

The Vatican and Roman Catholicism have never represented Bible believing Christianity.

Letting loony toon religious fundamentalists run USA is one way to end their being a Superpower. It is also a good way to bring on Armageddon and a meeting with the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The Yank religious fundamentalists are in a hurry to bring on the Rapture.

Edited by IainMore
incomplete post

19 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The Vatican and Roman Catholicism have never represented Bible believing Christianity.

So you have a go at your fellow Christians. Question is do you agree with the acceptance that our planet is not the centre of the Universe? Or do you still think the Bible is correct?  "God fixed the earth upon it's foundation, not to be moved forever."

1 hour ago, teecee- said:

So you have a go at your fellow Christians. Question is do you agree with the acceptance that our planet is not the centre of the Universe? Or do you still think the Bible is correct?  "God fixed the earth upon it's foundation, not to be moved forever."

You've not really been paying attention here have you!

19 hours ago, teecee- said:

So you have a go at your fellow Christians. 

No, it's just that Roman Catholic doctrine is simply in opposition to the Word of God.

19 hours ago, teecee- said:

Question is do you agree with the acceptance that our planet is not the centre of the Universe? Or do you still think the Bible is correct?  "God fixed the earth upon it's foundation, not to be moved forever."

I accept the geocentric model.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:50 AM, Eisegerwind said:

Ok, just supply me some evidence that you are of ' at least average intelligence' and we're good to go, have you done a test or got a certificate or something. Not wanting to spend 90 mins watching a vid and then discover that you're a bit of a thicko and not able to help me understand it

Hiya.Hiya Scotty.

Edited by Eisegerwind

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Mind blowing stuff. So life on Earth is well behind where it could have been?

I wonder if we'd have qualified for the World Cup again if France 98 was 2 billion years ago?

Not really. How do we know the stuff would have the same end point if it had a different start point?

On 8/15/2019 at 12:08 PM, Scotty CTA said:

Any honest person of at least average intelligence genuinely seeking the truth will get it...

On 8/16/2019 at 2:50 AM, Eisegerwind said:

Ok, just supply me some evidence that you are of ' at least average intelligence' and we're good to go, have you done a test or got a certificate or something. Not wanting to spend 90 mins watching a vid and then discover that you're a bit of a thicko and not able to help me understand it.

:um-no:

If YOU feel that YOU are an honest person of at least average intelligence genuinely seeking the truth, then the penny will drop for you.

(Do I understand it? Yes.)

On 9/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, Toepoke said:

Mind blowing stuff.

What's 'mind-blowing' is that anyone would believe what any human being has to say about what happened 2 billion years ago.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

:um-no:

If YOU feel that YOU are an honest person of at least average intelligence genuinely seeking the truth, then the penny will drop for you.

(Do I understand it? Yes.)

What's 'mind-blowing' is that anyone would believe what any human being has to say about what happened 2 billion years ago.

A person feeling they have at least average intelligence doesn't mean they actually have average intelligence. For the sake of argument, you say you understand the video but maybe it makes sense to you because you are actually thick as shit. Maybe  a person who was actually of at least average intelligence would watch it and think it was a lot of mentalist bollocks.

Maybe the human beings who have found out what happened 2 billion years ago have high or very high intelligence and they've used that intelligence to find out stuff. Maye you trundling along through life with your at least average intelligence is not only not intelligent enought to find out stuff like this but not even intelligent enough to contemple how others could be capable of finding out stuff like this.

Edited by Eisegerwind

23 hours ago, phart said:

Not really. How do we know the stuff would have the same end point if it had a different start point?

Exactly. We might have won 10 World Cups by now? Just another way for Scotland to achieve glorious failure. We could have been World Champions 10 times if it hadn't been for that damned oxygen overshoot event. That's maybe why Scottish folk don't like vegetables?

6 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

A person feeling they have at least average intelligence doesn't mean they actually have average intelligence.

Correct.

For the sake of argument, you say you understand the video but maybe it makes sense to you because you are actually thick as shit.

If their life depended on it, not one honest person on this board would take your side in a battle of brains between us.

Maybe  a person who was actually of at least average intelligence would watch it and think it was a lot of mentalist bollocks.

Possibly, but at least they would understand it. :P

Maybe the human beings who have found out what happened 2 billion years ago have high or very high intelligence and they've used that intelligence to find out stuff. Maye you trundling along through life with your at least average intelligence is not only not intelligent enought to find out stuff like this but not even intelligent enough to contemple how others could be capable of finding out stuff like this.

Oh, I understand how folk get deceived, and I know that the 'eggheads' guess/lie.

The bottom line is that as each day passes, each person is another day closer to their eternity.

(And when you're there... you won't be arguing.)

As always, I wish you the best. :)

23 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

For the sake of argument, you say you understand the video but maybe it makes sense to you because you are actually thick as shit.

If their life depended on it, not one honest person on this board would take your side in a battle of brains between us.

23 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Did you not understand the 'For the sake of argument' bit and 'maybe'.

Edited by Eisegerwind