Milan Derby - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Milan Derby

adamntg

On 8/15/2019 at 11:14 AM, adamntg said:

Anyone know how easy it is to get tickets for Milan derby?  Thinking about going in Feb but obviously have to book flights soon to get good price and looks like normal tickets aren't out till a couple of weeks before game.  Worth a gamble?

Try and find out the attendance's for last season online, but I suspect you'll be fine getting tickets over there.

For all their supposed love of football, not many Italians seem to get off their arse to actually go to the stadium.

I saw Roma v AC Milan on the way back from the last Scotland match over there (in Bari) and there must've been 30'000 empty seats.

Christ, Juventus even thought it better to down-size when they build their new stadium (despite the status of the club, the new stadium only holds 41'000) which tells you something about the public's attitude toward attending football matches.

If you are buying tickets when you are over there TAKE YOUR PASSPORT TO THE TICKET OFFICE.

Thinking back to our Scotland matches against in Milan and Bari, there were thousands of empty seats at both matches.

It could be argued, a match against us is of no great interest to the Italian public, but the Dutch, French* and German's turned up en masse for their matches against us.

*for the French, I mean for the friendly we had at the State de France...

... They were unable to show up en masse at the Parc des Princes cos we had all their tickets 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

Went to this around 15 years ago

At the time it was easy to book official tickets and pick them up pre-match at the ticket kiosk outside the ground

I suspect little has changed in that respect

Enjoy the game!

Edited by Redz

On 8/27/2019 at 2:30 PM, AlfieMoon said:

I was thinking about going to one of these games when I heard that they're planning to replace the San Siro.  (don't know how quickly that's happening though) 

Really? Oh FFS, not happy to hear that.

IMO, the greatest stadium in the world. Breathtaking.

A cathedral for football and a unique one at that. Nowhere else is remotely similar to it.

50 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Really? Oh FFS, not happy to hear that.

IMO, the greatest stadium in the world. Breathtaking.

A cathedral for football and a unique one at that. Nowhere else is remotely similar to it.

Agreed, one of my favourite memories was walking up the stairs and into the stadium. As you said breathtaking, when you looked closer it was a bit run down but who cares what a stadium. 

29 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Agreed, one of my favourite memories was walking up the stairs and into the stadium. As you said breathtaking, when you looked closer it was a bit run down but who cares what a stadium. 

Yeah, it certainly needs a refurbishment (new seats, catering, toilets, etc...) but what a stadium. Absolutely stunning.

There are none better than the San Siro.

Nou Camp? Get tae...

You said about walking into the stadium, but my breath was taken away as early as when I turned a corner and saw it for the first time... from about a kilometre away!

On 9/1/2019 at 7:17 PM, Rich NATA said:

Yeah, it certainly needs a refurbishment (new seats, catering, toilets, etc...) but what a stadium. Absolutely stunning.

There are none better than the San Siro.

Nou Camp? Get tae...

You said about walking into the stadium, but my breath was taken away as early as when I turned a corner and saw it for the first time... from about a kilometre away!

Aye, I know what you mean. We went to see Leonardo's Horse before we went to the ground and walking toward it was jaw dropping. We were about 5 rows from the back and that sight will always say with me 👍

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/6/2020 at 4:30 PM, Tartan_McCole said:

Think so? I think it looks better from outside and once inside you realise that it's an absolute dump.

They could try and clean the windows in the food bit, thought you'd be able to see the game but the muck and grime was like something from Brockville.  Other than that, and the fact they made us walk all the way round to get to our stairs because Milan fans were entering in the middle tier (even though half the people in our section were wearing Milan scarves) - oh, and the 45 minute queue to get in while two wee guys they checked ID for 5,000 people....  other than that, I won't hear a word against it.

• 7 months later...