Kieran Tierney's lack of commitment towards Scotland - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kieran Tierney's lack of commitment towards Scotland

The_Dark_Knight

On 8/12/2019 at 4:21 PM, The_Dark_Knight said:

Oops. Thanks for the head's up. "Flea infested Green Brigade". ;)

Tierney's last appearance for Scotland was 10 months ago. He's missed the previous seven Scotland matches. Is anyone trying to tell me that he's been injured for 10 months? How many Celtic appearances has he made in that time? For Celtic (and now with Arsenal) he's an Iron Man, but for Scotland he's a Paper Man.

He's 22 years old, played almost 200 club matches in that time. The lad is hardly injury prone. His only real injury came in the past few months.

And I really don't understand when people say "His club pays his wages and have leverage over his actions". Every single club pays the wages of every single professional player, and yet player x still turns up for their country. Darren Fletcher played for a far bigger club than Celtic, didn't stop him from making 80 appearances (would've been 100+ if it wasn't for his illness) and playing through illness.

We have four players that I rate. We need all four of them to show commitment and drive the team forward. Robertson and McTominay are committed to the cause, there's been question marks over Fraser and there's definitely question marks over Tierney. 

Truth is, all of the other players are average. We need those four players to show leadership and show the fans that they care about representing Scotland. We need four of those players to carry the rest of the Scotland players.

You do have an agenda regarding Tierney. On a another thread you were having a pop at Tierney's commitment to Scotland and i said you were causing mischief and creating a conspiracy theory. I attached a link showing the injuries the boy has had over the last couple of years. Unsurprisingly, you did not comment on the facts put in front of you. Maybe you missed the post, maybe you don't know how to open an attached link, (benefit of the doubt) or maybe you were to busy amusing yourself over our next messiah (your opinion)  McTominay. As other posters have said Celtic should be held partly responsible. So, for the 2nd time i have attached the link again regarding his injuries. (If you need instructions on how to open the link then just ask and i will be happy to assist you)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kieran-tierney/verletzungen/spieler/300716

14 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

You do have an agenda regarding Tierney. On a another thread you were having a pop at Tierney's commitment to Scotland and i said you were causing mischief and creating a conspiracy theory. I attached a link showing the injuries the boy has had over the last couple of years. Unsurprisingly, you did not comment on the facts put in front of you. Maybe you missed the post, maybe you don't know how to open an attached link, (benefit of the doubt) or maybe you were to busy amusing yourself over our next messiah (your opinion)  McTominay. As other posters have said Celtic should be held partly responsible. So, for the 2nd time i have attached the link again regarding his injuries. (If you need instructions on how to open the link then just ask and i will be happy to assist you)

Worst of it is he should probably missed a lot more matches through these injuries.

9 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

Yes I could have worded that a bit better but with eight caps he still has a long way to go at international level.

Robertson is now on thirty and has nothing to prove in my book.

Robertson has plenty to prove in a Scotland shirt IMO, he's been poor compared to his club form.

11 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Aye, you'll be alone on that.

C'mon man, of course you'll be watching to see how well a Scotland player does for one of England's top teams. 

Yeah. It's a feeling I know well. 

But no. Personally I could not care less how he plays for Arsenal. Only time I'll be watching Arsenal is when they meet Man United, Liverpool, Villa, etc. But I won't be watching for him.

11 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Insignificant anecdote i know, but i remember watching Tierney start to make heads turn with his performances in the champions league on RTE (Irish state broadcaster), years ago.

The commentators always made a point of mentioning his Isle of Man birthplace. It was then i first suspected that 'Irish eyes are smiling watching'.

Totally believable. They must do have a dossier on all of our players. I can sense that they're doing their background checks on Liam Morrison as I type.

7 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

What, you think I didn't do my research before I made this thread? I did. I read it and still felt that my argument was strong enough.

He's played 171 times for Celtic in four years and he's only turned out twelve times for Scotland in three. Unless he got all his legit injuries before International duty I'm afraid that injury list means nothing. 

You can be an apologist for him all you like. Simple fact is, usually when i have an opinion I'm on my own in this place, but the fact that so many people have had the same concerns speaks volumes.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Robertson has plenty to prove in a Scotland shirt IMO, he's been poor compared to his club form.

In fairness, it would be impossible for Robertson to replicate his Liverpool form onto Scotland as a position like full back is secondary to the middle of the park. At Liverpool they have top notch players in the middle, we have players like Berra, Souttar, MacGregor, McGinn. It's a world of difference.

Austria had the same problem, which is why they converted him into an anchorman. In that position he could get involved more and not be reliant on average players trying to find him.

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

What, you think I didn't do my research before I made this thread? I did. I read it and still felt that my argument was strong enough.

He's played 171 times for Celtic in four years and he's only turned out twelve times for Scotland in three. Unless he got all his legit injuries before International duty I'm afraid that injury list means nothing. 

You can be an apologist for him all you like. Simple fact is, usually when i have an opinion I'm on my own in this place, but the fact that so many people have had the same concerns speaks volumes.

You're like a dog with a bone that never had any meat on it in the first place.

Give it - and us - a rest please.

Edited by Barney Rubble

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You're like a dog with a bone that never had any meat on it in the first place.

Give it - and us - a rest please.

When a person replies to one of my posts what do you expect me to do? Ignore it? No. I'm too polite to do that.

It people want me to stop talking about a specific subject then don't reply.

It really is that simple.

4 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

When a person replies to one of my posts what do you expect me to do? Ignore it? No. I'm too polite to do that.

It isn't that simple with you though, is it?

If you really are as polite as you claim to be, then take the honest and respectful advice that has been give to you by a number of posters on this thread and give it a rest.

You've overcooked this subject by some considerable margin, and without any credible basis to do so.

10 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Dont forget about replying to smiley faces, you like doing that too.

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

If you really are as polite as you claim to be, then take the honest and respectful advice that has been give to you by a number of posters on this thread and give it a rest.

You've overcooked this subject by some considerable margin, and without any credible basis to do so.

It replies even when no one replies it, it's even replied to one of it's own posts on more than one occasion.

Its bat shit nuts😂

20 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

(See, you'll even moan about this reply.)

Look. It really isn't too difficult to understand. If a person specifically quotes my post in a reply, i assume that that person expects a reply.

That's the simplest definition of a conversation.

The ironic thing is, you clearly want this thread to die, but in pleading for it's demise, you're keeping it alive.

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

7 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

(See, you'll even moan about this reply.)

Look. It really isn't too difficult to understand. If a person specifically quotes my post in a reply, i assume that that person expects a reply.

That's the simplest definition of a conversation.

The ironic thing is, you clearly want this thread to die, but in pleading for it's demise, you're keeping it alive.

You need a therapist, your need for attention is thoroughly abnormal,.

Sorry to you and everyone else for having to post something as sharp as that on a football fans' message board.

1 hour ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I'm not apologising for him, no need to apologise. If the boy is not fit to play for Scotland i don't believe it's a decision he makes personally, he takes medical advice, sometimes from Celtic and sometimes from Scotland. Maybe your agenda should be aimed at players like Matt Ritchie who asked not to be picked for Scotland. Oh, and stop feeling sorry for your self,  It shows the type of person you really are.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

You need a therapist, your need for attention is thoroughly abnormal,.

Sorry to you and everyone else for having to post something as sharp as that on a football fans' message board.

My need for attention? Dude, you're sticking your oar in for some reason and telling me when and when needed to post.

My advice would be mind your own. Respectfully. :)

1 hour ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Oh, and stop feeling sorry for your self,  It shows the type of person you really are.

Oh man. Why did you have to say that?

I stuck up for you in my previous post by saying that we're discussing it in a civil manner and I gave you props for not discussing it in a troglodytic manner. I had to edit and it after reading your insult.

Oh well.

8 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Oh man. Why did you have to say that?

I stuck up for you in my previous post by saying that we're discussing it in a civil manner and I gave you props for not discussing it in a troglodytic manner. I had to edit and it after reading your insult.

Oh well.

Thanks and apologies if you feel insulted. Oh, well..........

17 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

My need for attention? Dude, you're sticking your oar in for some reason and telling me when and when not to post.

My advice would be mind your own. Respectfully. :)

*Edit

My prediction, if things go as they are, McTominay will have 100+ caps. Tierney will have about 50.