Predictions for the next three matches - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions for the next three matches

The_Dark_Knight

Thats me getting into that moment where I genuinely think we will win, the hope is rising 😂

Scotland 2-0 Russia - Mulgrew free kick and James Forrest tap in at the death to kill the russian spirits

Scotland - 1-0 Belgium - Ryan Fraser curls one in from the edge of the box, think Alex MCLiesh 1982 scottish cup final.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Thats me getting into that moment where I genuinely think we will win, the hope is rising 😂

Scotland 2-0 Russia - Mulgrew free kick and James Forrest tap in at the death to kill the russian spirits

Scotland - 1-0 Belgium - Ryan Fraser curls one in from the edge of the box, think Alex MCLiesh 1982 scottish cup final.

Earlier in the week I was thinking "I would take a draw v Russia now!".... as Friday approaches and I get ready for the U21 game tonight, starting to think "you know what, its written in the stars that McBurnie will come on late and silence the boo boys with a 87th minute winner!" 😂

*Inhales*

Okay, Scotland 1-0 Russia (how we keep a clean sheet with our defence I've no idea, but that's what my waters say) Callum Mcgregor outside the box daisy cutter. 

Scotland 1-1 Belgium. Because why no (apart from all the myriad reasons)

Russia 0-0 Scotland. A nerve shredding, watch through your fingers, heroic, body on the lines kind of night. 

13 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

*Inhales*

Okay, Scotland 1-0 Russia (how we keep a clean sheet with our defence I've no idea, but that's what my waters say) Callum Mcgregor outside the box daisy cutter. 

Scotland 1-1 Belgium. Because why no (apart from all the myriad reasons)

Russia 0-0 Scotland. A nerve shredding, watch through your fingers, heroic, body on the lines kind of night. 

And then you woke up lol. Gotta love the optimism, hope your right.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Earlier in the week I was thinking "I would take a draw v Russia now!".... as Friday approaches and I get ready for the U21 game tonight, starting to think "you know what, its written in the stars that McBurnie will come on late and silence the boo boys with a 87th minute winner!" 😂

On a serious note, itll be beyond ridiculous if mcburnie gets boooed 

9 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

And then you woke up lol. Gotta love the optimism, hope your right.

Maybe it's what I was inhaling. 

Haha nah it is unlikely, but hey ho, that's the way the mop flops. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

On a serious note, itll be beyond ridiculous if mcburnie gets boooed 

Aye it will. Ludicrous. 

I'll never forget the Slovenia home game, when big Coldplay was subbed on to a chorus of boos. Pair of old guys beside me, who had spent the whole game talking about how shite scottish football/international football/football in general is these days, seen him coming on and, after booing, turned and headed for the exit. 

I wonder how close to home they were before he stuck the winner in the net. Get it right up them. 

I don't see why we couldn't get three points. 

The narrow win over Russia, hopes raised, then two defeats.

Or

A hard fought draw, maybe clean sheet, in the first game, that could bolster us for draws in the following two.

I am reminded in those classic games against France, that even a draw would have been a result, and the determination to not concede laid the foundations for those victories. 

9 hours ago, wanderer said:

A draw is nae use to us whatsoever. We need to go for it if we’re level late on. If we lose a goal on the counter then so be it. 

As I’ve said elsewhere, anyone that boos McBurnie because of that video is an absolute phallus. 

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Right now I’m expecting a tight game. 1-0 either way. Russia aren’t as good as some people on here seem to think they are but they are capable of taking a point or a narrow victory from us. 

After a couple of pints tomorrow evening I will genuinely believe that we’ll win 3-0. That belief will continue until the game starts. Hopefully we’ll score first and I’ll still believe it until we score our third and win the match.

If only it were that simple. 

As for Belgium, that could go either way. Right now I think we’ll probably lose 0-2. If we beat Russia I will start to believe we can beat them. A draw is probably the best we can hope for but you never know. They could also pump us 0-4. 

The Russia game is by far the more important game. I’d rather beat Russia and lose to Belgium than lost to Russia and beat Belgium. I’d rather win both though. 

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

As I’ve said elsewhere, anyone that boos McBurnie because of that video is an absolute phallus. 

Agreed. But we all know that he'll receive some sort of a bad reception.

The fact that he or anyone didn't come out to clarify his comments suggests to me that he did say "I hope not". If he didn't say it then he would've came out and said as much.

Not coming out to clarify it is probably seen as damage control. 

He will receive a hostile reception, though. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Agreed. But we all know that he'll receive some sort of a bad reception.

The fact that he or anyone didn't come out to clarify his comments suggests to me that he did say "I hope not". If he didn't say it then he would've came out and said as much.

Not coming out to clarify it is probably seen as damage control. 

He will receive a hostile reception, though. 

Not from the non-arseholes in the crowd he won’t.  

Sadly, there will probably be several arseholes that would rather hamper one of our player’s performances than see him play well and possibly score a goal that could ultimately send us to the finals.

Those morons should just stay at home tomorrow. An empty seat is better than a booing fanny. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Sadly, there will probably be several arseholes that would rather hamper one of our player’s performances than see him play well and possibly score a goal that could ultimately send us to the finals.

Those morons should just stay at home tomorrow. An empty seat is better than a booing fanny. 

Everyone who goes to the game supports the team 

4 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Everyone who goes to the game supports the team 

That should be the case but it isn’t necessarily.

Everyone should get right behind every player from the first whistle.

If the players make an absolute arse of it and the fans want to voice their dissatisfaction then that’s fair enough but they shouldn’t boo players who have turned up to give it their all before a ball is even kicked.

Edited by Texas Pete

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That should be the case but it isn’t necessarily.

Everyone should get right behind every player from the first whistle.

If the players make an absolute arse of it and the fans want to voice their dissatisfaction then that’s fair enough but they shouldn’t boo players who have turned up to give it their all before a ball is even kicked.

Yes agree.  But if u buy a ticket why would you not support the team. 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I couldn't agree more.

People can debate what he said till the cows come home, the fact of the matter is everyone makes mistakes, everyone says and does things that the regret. Everyone deserves forgiveness.

In this instance, once he steps beyond the white line, it should all be in the past and he should be supported by everyone who supports Scotland.

6 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Right now I’m expecting a tight game. 1-0 either way. Russia aren’t as good as some people on here seem to think they are but they are capable of taking a point or a narrow victory from us. 

After a couple of pints tomorrow evening I will genuinely believe that we’ll win 3-0. That belief will continue until the game starts. Hopefully we’ll score first and I’ll still believe it until we score our third and win the match.

If only it were that simple. 

As for Belgium, that could go either way. Right now I think we’ll probably lose 0-2. If we beat Russia I will start to believe we can beat them. A draw is probably the best we can hope for but you never know. They could also pump us 0-4. 

The Russia game is by far the more important game. I’d rather beat Russia and lose to Belgium than lost to Russia and beat Belgium. I’d rather win both though. 

I'd take a win tonight and a loss on monday too.

One game at a time though, clarke will have us organised and ready for tonight, I'm confident of that. If the players have the right attitude I believe we will win.

Mon scotland 

On 9/1/2019 at 1:04 PM, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

No worries. The Russia away game is 10/10/19, day before my birthday. Contact me then and name you charity.

Only if Scotland don't score a goal.

Just a refresher:

IF we score I'm allowed to post till 23:59 Friday, 6th September.

I'm fairly confident that I'll still be posting this time tomorrow. ;)

----

Scotland 0  Russia 2

Scotland 0  Belgium 3

Russia 5 Scotland 0

Edited by The_Dark_Knight

57 minutes ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Just a refresher:

IF we score I'm allowed to post till 23:59 Friday, 6th September.

I'm fairly confident that I'll still be posting this time tomorrow. ;)

----

Scotland 0  Russia 2

Scotland 0  Belgium 3

Russia 5 Scotland 0

Changing the bet are you? If we score and win you can post as much as you want until midnight but will expect you to admit you were wrong.:P

You don't post under another name...........

Edited by Lairdyfaeinverclyde

17 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Changing the bet are you? If we score and win you can post as much as you want until midnight but will expect you to admit you were wrong.:P

You don't post under another name...........

:lol: it would appear so. I just looked back and the exact phrasing was "The exile will begin the day we score." D'oh!

Thanks. But I'll stick to the original bet. For example, if we score 7:55pm then you won't hear a peep from me for 30 days, from that moment onwards.

Oh please! I'll admit I'm wrong if we qualify, how about that? ;)

Nice edit. I was thinking that. But yes, i won't post, period.