Predictions for the next three matches - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions for the next three matches

The_Dark_Knight

1 hour ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

It's very rare now we get get any results against the bigger teams at home, we just tend to give them more of a game. Apart from the France win and the 1-1 against Germany and Italy, I cannot think of any results against bigger nations at home

Going back a bit. 

We need to catch them on an off day thats for sure. 

On 8/18/2019 at 7:39 AM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

It's very rare now we get get any results against the bigger teams at home, we just tend to give them more of a game. Apart from the France win and the 1-1 against Germany and Italy, I cannot think of any results against bigger nations at home

I like how you’re not counting England as one of the bigger teams but they were top seeds in our group and World Cup semi finalists last year so they probably meet the criteria. 

3 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Forgot about that one. Still wasn't a win though

It wasn't but I would still class it as a decent result (sadly).

I reckon there is no chance of a win against Belgium but we could scrape a draw if things go our way. We could also get pumped 0-3. I would take a draw against Belgium right now but I want a win against Russia. Anything less than 3 points against them means our campaign is over at the half way point. Anything we get against Belgium would be a huge bonus.

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

It wasn't but I would still class it as a decent result (sadly).

I reckon there is no chance of a win against Belgium but we could scrape a draw if things go our way. We could also get pumped 0-3. I would take a draw against Belgium right now but I want a win against Russia. Anything less than 3 points against them means our campaign is over at the half way point. Anything we get against Belgium would be a huge bonus.

IMO we need to beat russia twice to stand a chance.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

IMO we need to beat russia twice to stand a chance.

We don’t need to beat Russia twice to stand a chance although it would certainly help. 

If we take 4 points off Russia and win the rest of our games (excluding Belgium) then that would be enough for second place, assuming Belgium beat Russia (which is not a certainty as Belgium may have won the group by the time they play Russia again).  

We are probably more likely to drop points the Russia to be fair so you may well be right in saying 4 points from Russia might not be enough but it certainly gives us a chance. 

Draw with England. 

On 8/18/2019 at 7:39 AM, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Draw with England? Beating Croatia. 

But you're right in that the 3-2's against Spain and Germany (both world cup winners at the time) were close but no cigar. 😕 

Edited by RightPeg

Predictions are about as much use as tits on a fish, particularly when it comes to Scotland, but I have a feeling we’ll beat Russia at Hampden, lose to Belgium and lose narrowly to Russia in Moscow. 

Hopefully we’ll get at least 4 points from the 3 games though to keep our hopes alive going into the last 3 games but it will be tough. 

On 8/20/2019 at 6:25 PM, Texas Pete said:

We don’t need to beat Russia twice to stand a chance although it would certainly help. 

If we take 4 points off Russia and win the rest of our games (excluding Belgium) then that would be enough for second place, assuming Belgium beat Russia (which is not a certainty as Belgium may have won the group by the time they play Russia again).  

We are probably more likely to drop points the Russia to be fair so you may well be right in saying 4 points from Russia might not be enough but it certainly gives us a chance. 

Texas.  I've read your stuff before as we approach the crunch of a group - Just brilliant.   Did you start in the dial up days of 1999 and been going eversince? 😁.  

We ain't going to get 2nd here but the play offs are a sexy chance.  🍷

23 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Texas.  I've read your stuff before as we approach the crunch of a group - Just brilliant.   Did you start in the dial up days of 1999 and been going eversince? 😁.  

I predict that Craig Gordon won't let a goal in each of these games

5 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Why do you even support Scotland?

6 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Cause it's my country 🙄.    What kind of a question is that.  Lol

Lots of people from Scotland, even football fans, don't support the national team.

You don't appear to even like Scotland as a country and you certainly don't like anything about the national team and I'm pretty sure you've admitted in the past that you don't go to Scotland games so I'm struggling to see why you bother.

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Lots of people from Scotland, even football fans, don't support the national team.

You don't appear to even like Scotland as a country and you certainly don't like anything about the national team and I'm pretty sure you've admitted in the past that you don't go to Scotland games so I'm struggling to see why you bother.

Cause I do support Scotland and I tune in to watch them.   I like pubs so i prefer to watch them there and make a day of it. 

Trust me,  I was jumping about daft when we scored crucial goals.  

3 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Cause I do support Scotland and I tune in to watch them.   I like pubs so i prefer to watch them there and make a day of it. 

Trust me,  I was jumping about daft when we scored crucial goals.  

Do you even lift? 

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A prediction:

People will be moaning like fuck saying it's all doom and gloom if we lose

People will be moaning like fuck saying it's all doom and gloom if we draw

People will be moaning like fuck saying it's all doom and gloom if we win

Change that to some people and you are 100% correct. 

If we beat Russia I for one will be very happy as we are back in with a chance of getting second place. 

If we draw or lose then qualifying in the normal way obviously isn’t to be but we’ll still have 4 games to get the squad ready for the playoffs.