Predictions for the next three matches - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions for the next three matches

The_Dark_Knight

2 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

I think we'd all agree that the next three matches will make or break this European Championship campaign, so what are your next three predictions?

Scotland 1  Russia 1

Scotland 0  Belgium 3

Russia 4 Scotland 0

I think we'll beat Russia or draw with them at Hampden and lose the other two, but I don't think we'll lose them by that many goals. 

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

If we beat Russia, I think we will get another 1-3 points from the other 2 matches.

If we don't beat Russia, I think we will lose the other two. 

There's a lot of sense in that. If we beat Russia we will be right back in contention and the players will be up for the next two games. If we don't beat Russia, then a lot of players will feel like taking an international break until the playoff.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

If we beat Russia, I think we will get another 1-3 points from the other 2 matches.

If we don't beat Russia, I think we will lose the other two. 

57 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

There's a lot of sense in that. If we beat Russia we will be right back in contention and the players will be up for the next two games. If we don't beat Russia, then a lot of players will feel like taking an international break until the playoff.

Agreed.

I fear we’ll lose all 3

As long as we can have a fully fit squad, I think we could sneak something v Russia at Hampden, and could potentially get a draw it Belgium.... so 4 points from next two would be most satisfactory, but horrible feeling it will be closer to one (especially if we get call off in the manner like the previous squad).

If these two games end up being a disaster, I suspect Clarke will use whats left of the campaign to try out new idea's here and there to get the team ready for the play off's in March.... so will worry about Russia away after the next two games.

I predict

2-1 over Russia

3-0 loss to Belgium

1-1 draw with Russia

The Belgium game, I am glad is 2nd in the next head to head, we don't come off of a heavy loss with spirits low v Russia.  And again, I am glad there is a month to prepare for the Russia away game - providing we beat them next month then we just can't lose, Russia v Belgium is a game which could totally undermine our hard work, if that were to happen, unless we come away with 6 points against Russia then we are screwed and its all about the play off. 

27 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I predict

2-1 over Russia

3-0 loss to Belgium

1-1 draw with Russia

The Belgium game, I am glad is 2nd in the next head to head, we don't come off of a heavy loss with spirits low v Russia.  And again, I am glad there is a month to prepare for the Russia away game - providing we beat them next month then we just can't lose, Russia v Belgium is a game which could totally undermine our hard work, if that were to happen, unless we come away with 6 points against Russia then we are screwed and its all about the play off. 

Russia v Belgium is the 2nd last game of the campaign. If we are still in with a shout by that stage I'll eat my underwear.

On 8/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, Orraloon said:

Russia v Belgium is the 2nd last game of the campaign. If we are still in with a shout by that stage I'll eat my underwear.

If we beat Russia at home and draw with them away, we are favourites for 2nd place.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, RightPeg said:

I think we might get a result against Belgium at home, just based on the fact we sometimes do against the bigger teams. Full house, the players will have a few games under their belt and you never know. 

It's very rare now we get get any results against the bigger teams at home, we just tend to give them more of a game. Apart from the France win and the 1-1 against Germany and Italy, I cannot think of any results against bigger nations at home