What other national team do you support? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What other national team do you support?

bonny78

Assuming you don't have dual citizenship or another default reason to also support another country,   is there a national side you like supporting/watching/ checking their results? 

For me am happy to see all the home nations plus Ireland do well - except England when I support the other team. 

Also carry a torch for San Marino 🔦👍. One day they will come good. 

Other than the other Celtic nations - Gibraltar. I've been following their path into international football since before they joined UEFA and I think they've got the potential to become one of the best small European nations once they get a full batch of players who've come through the ranks playing in the UEFA youth competitions.

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

Not fishing.  Some ppl like watching Italy etc.. 

The first international match I remember clearly watching and having an emotional investment in was the 1994 world cup final, and for some reason I wanted Italy to win. E ery since, I have liked watching them win. 

A few months after that I went to Hampden for my first Scotland match, and the rest is history. 

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Always liked Poland since 74

Well before my time (aware of how good they were like, Lato etc) 👍🏼

Poland thing for me only really kicked in when the wee man was born and the opportunity to take him to tournaments came along - been at Euro 2016 and Russia 2018 to see them.