Strikers That Don't Score That Many Goals - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strikers That Don't Score That Many Goals

On 8/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, Fairbairn said:

James Beattie

I remember thinking when Beattie signed for Rangers that he would be a good signing and score a few goals up here :-))

On 8/6/2019 at 2:51 PM, Huddersfield said:

Unless you want me to work through the entire history of Huddersfield Town, I’ll pass on this one. 

Duncan Shearer was a good striker for Huddersfield wasn't he ?

Joe Harper much less so.

23 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I remember thinking when Beattie signed for Rangers that he would be a good signing and score a few goals up here :-))

Duncan Shearer was a good striker for Huddersfield wasn't he ?

Joe Harper much less so.

Shearer is still something of a club legend. We’ve had a few decent goal scorers down the years but I could reel off names of players we thought would do a lot better than they did. 

Terry ‘Tracey’ Austin springs immediately to mind. I think he was a club record signing at the time, scored a hat-trick on his debut then only about another half a dozen over three years. 

13 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Kenny Miller.

A poacher he isn't.

That aside, his chance to conversion rate for club and country doesn't do him favours.

Not sure Miller deserves to be on the same list as most others on this thread. 

Just now, Jim Beem said:

Totally agree. Miller took a fair bit of shit over the years but as far as I am concerned,  he did his bit for Scotland. 👍

He certainly did enjoy playing for Scotland and there was always plenty of effort from him even if we were getting spanked.

Miller could have been a top level player if only he had more confidence in himself. There were plenty of times over the years were his bottle seemed to crash on the pitch unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He certainly did enjoy playing for Scotland and there was always plenty of effort from him even if we were getting spanked.

Miller could have been a top level player if only he had more confidence in himself. There were plenty of times over the years were his bottle seemed to crash on the pitch unfortunately.

He was the original wan up front idea. Worked his arse of for scotland. And only had himself to pass to. On another thread what the fuck happened to a partnership up front? Miller ran his heart out for Scotland. Improved his ability to score latterly in his career. A case of not been appreciated I think. Italy header I will never forget. Complete professional and still going.

15 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

See Kenny miller has scored. Again. Prick.

So Kenny Miller's a prick now by your judgement?

I'd be keeping a very low profile if I were you after your high and mighty attitude about Ormond the other week.

Someone like you has to tread carefully where abusive terminology is concerned.

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

So Kenny Miller's a prick now by your judgement?

I'd be keeping a very low profile if I were you after your high and mighty attitude about Ormond the other week.

Someone like you has to tread carefully where abusive terminology is concerned.

You have a real ability to turn peoples words.  I will give you that.  I almost answered your quote about the Ibrox Disaster last week when you know the poster was not even interested in that but you tried your best.  You seem to take delight in twisting peoples words, but hey we are all different.  Never said Kenny Miller was a prick as any sane poster on here knows.  But it's Saturday night so lets Twist again.  That's the cork off the Glenlivet.  Won't be needing that again.  Kenny Miller is one of my modern day heroes just to let the record for you straight kid.  I will sit back and watch who else you can turn their words in to something they are not.  Stand on.  Scotland Forever.

23 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You have a real ability to turn peoples words.  I will give you that.  I almost answered your quote about the Ibrox Disaster last week when you know the poster was not even interested in that but you tried your best.  You seem to take delight in twisting peoples words, but hey we are all different.  Never said Kenny Miller was a prick as any sane poster on here knows.  But it's Saturday night so lets Twist again.  That's the cork off the Glenlivet.  Won't be needing that again.  Kenny Miller is one of my modern day heroes just to let the record for you straight kid.  I will sit back and watch who else you can turn their words in to something they are not.  Stand on.  Scotland Forever.

I know fine well who the prick comment was aimed at. And it wasn't Kenny Miller.

Hence the rest of my post.

Enjoy the Glenlivet.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

I know fine well who the prick comment was aimed at. And it wasn't Kenny Miller.

Hence the rest of my post.

Enjoy the Glenlivet.

Apologies.  You will never be as big a prick as me.  Considering I am bigger than you.  Wilmaaaaa.  Your Ibrox disaster thing last week was a bit off though pal.  The poster never gave that a thought.  I have many pals who were there too on that day.  As for Ormond, I take no pleasure but had to prove him wrong.  You would do the same if I accused you of being someone you weren't.  But absolutely no pleasure in that.  Having a couple of Glenlivets then heading to the best pub in the Borders.  If I bump in to Jim Delahunt he is getting it.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Apologies.  You will never be as big a prick as me.  Considering I am bigger than you.  Wilmaaaaa.  Your Ibrox disaster thing last week was a bit off though pal.  The poster never gave that a thought.  I have many pals who were there too on that day.  As for Ormond, I take no pleasure but had to prove him wrong.  You would do the same if I accused you of being someone you weren't.  But absolutely no pleasure in that.  Having a couple of Glenlivets then heading to the best pub in the Borders.  If I bump in to Jim Delahunt he is getting it.

Enjoy.

I'll limit myself to this. Please bear in mind that in 1971 information channels were not what they are today, so it was 4 hours after the game ended and over 3 hours after news of the incident broke that my father (oblivious to any incident, as many were who attended that game) arrived home. The intervening three or so hours were not pleasant knowing that a major incident had taken place.

The post which provoked my response was needless and very insensitive, particularly coming from where it did.

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Enjoy.

I'll limit myself to this. Please bear in mind that in 1971 information channels were not what they are today, so it was 4 hours after the game ended and over 3 hours after news of the incident broke that my father (oblivious to any incident, as many were who attended that game) arrived home. The intervening three or so hours were not pleasant knowing that a major incident had taken place.

The post which provoked my response was needless and very insensitive, particularly coming from where it did.

Aye, a sad time indeed Barney.  There are times when things do remind and provoke us at times in life.  That's life I suppose.  Just reading the papers and one of my first managers Junior was Jim McAfferty.  Celtic have done the right thing and paid compensation to the victim or victims.  I knew him when I was a player and would never have thought him capable of that.  And neither would Celtic.  Seems to be  most of these buggers were involved with Celtic (that have been caught).  Could easily have happened with Rangers or any other team.  Sad movies.  Anyway, You are depressing me ya wee …..  This is Saturday night and I am out on the town.  Enjoy your night too pal.  Come back Ormond!!!

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Oh FFS now the favourite topic of complete a scumbag -"there were peados at Sellick byraway" - has raised it's head.

Why in fucks name are the mods not banning this cunt ?

Ehm. Because I am backing Celtic here. He was my ex manager so entitled to an opinion I think. Celtic are a great club and have my utmost respect. All I said was that this could have happened to athey any club. These bastards are plausible. Stop taking it the wrong way. Had a couple of glenlivets and read the story in paper. Angers me. But not Celtic pal. Never Celtic, they are a great Scottish club and always will be. Stop taking things the wrong way Mr thistle. I will back Scottish football which includes Celtic to the hilt.