Strikers That Don't Score That Many Goals - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strikers That Don't Score That Many Goals

Any strikers (past or present) who got plenty of games and who sometimes played for big clubs, but who really didn't score all that many goals and made you wonder what the fuss was all about ?

Two from me Emile Heskey and Colin Kazim-Richards.

What others are there ?

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

James Beattie

Francis Jeffers

Kyle Lafferty (v2.0)

It’s not just ones that couldn’t score for Rangers.

😂

I thought Jeffers was in a weird way one of the most underrated players to play for Motherwell. His movement was unbelievable. If we could’ve afforded to keep him and give him a serious run, he could have been brilliant for us when upto full speed (if he got there?)

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Denis Law?????  :shocked:

Well we’ve had a handful that could score but the OP asked for strikers that didn’t score as many as they should. We had at least 3 of them in our squad just last night.  Bloody Kachunga managing to blaze high, wide & handsome from about 4 inches out. Twat. 

35 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Conor Salmon.

28 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

That big lump that plays up front for Hearts.

Could be same thing? 😂

Was pish for Motherwell and never really been prolific anywhere.

I suppose the best example recently in a Scotland shirt is Steven Fletcher. Although I'm going to take a different slant and say he's always been under-appreciated at both club and international level.

I always felt his physical contribution was a valuable asset and particularly in a Scotland shirt never had the right kind of attacking support around him to make the most of it. Agree totally he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo in front of goal (generally speaking)

4 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

I really don't want to say this, but...

... Joe Jordan

Can't wait to unearth our next striker to score in 3 World Cups ;)

I kind of agree though, Joe wasn't that prolific but his game was about more than goals.

For the moment I'll nominate another Cleland man, Eamonn Brophy :(

11 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Beat me to it on McClair. The first player to score over 20 league goals for Man Utd since Best in 1967, also 100+ goals in both Scotland and England. 2 for us in 30 games, one of which was in his last game.

And the other was a deflection!