Sign in to follow this  
ParisInAKilt

Turntables And All Things Vinyl

Bought a record player today. The Rega RP1 performance pack. Seems an impressive turntable for the price.

Got a Cambridge audio amplifier and Focal Chorus 807 speakers.

Sold my collection a few years ago, a disaster in hindsight but slowly building up a collection again.

I got a Ariston Acoustics turntable years ago for my separates ... paid about £200 for it at the time ... as I still have a fair bit of vinyl from the 80s and early 90s

We just bought a Pro-ject and still have our original record collection to go with it so have been reminiscing :)

On 9/1/2014 at 12:10 PM, thewolf_1980 said:

I've got one of those modern turntables with built in AM/FM radio and mp3 sockets. I love it!

I knew there was a thread about this somewhere. 

Got one if these modern turntables for Christmas. Loving it. Records are bloody expensive nowadays though. Gonna have a rake around my dads loft in the new year and my uncle has said he has a load I can get. 

It’s also got a cassette deck built into it, just received a delivery of The Complete Stone Roses this morning. 

Was in hmv the other day, my 10 year old son was particularly perplexed as to why we were looking at “calendars” 😂

He was equally disgusted to see a babies “bits” on the front cover of Nevermind 😳

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I knew there was a thread about this somewhere. 

Got one if these modern turntables for Christmas. Loving it. Records are bloody expensive nowadays though. Gonna have a rake around my dads loft in the new year and my uncle has said he has a load I can get. 

It’s also got a cassette deck built into it, just received a delivery of The Complete Stone Roses this morning. 

Was in hmv the other day, my 10 year old son was particularly perplexed as to why we were looking at “calendars” 😂

He was equally disgusted to see a babies “bits” on the front cover of Nevermind 😳

It’s always worth nipping into charity and second hand shops if you pass them and flicking through the LPs. I’ve picked up a few for a £3/4/5 whereas the same LPs on eBay and in record shops and fairs are probably £10/15. The condition of the covers are a hit and miss though tbf

I need a new sound bar for mines 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

just received a delivery of The Complete Stone Roses this morning. 

Remember and prep them correctly.

From vast experience I would suggest 1/2 can of Red Stripe smeared over them lovingly, and perhaps a glass of vodka and lime, just to provide that authentic sticky sensation and sound. 

And of course , one of your wifes high heels , to add the odd scratch or 10 👍

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

It’s always worth nipping into charity and second hand shops if you pass them and flicking through the LPs. I’ve picked up a few for a £3/4/5 whereas the same LPs on eBay and in record shops and fairs are probably £10/15. The condition of the covers are a hit and miss though tbf

I need a new sound bar for mines 

I plan visiting various shops during the week, wife is away for a few days on the 2nd, so there may be a whole lot of shit she doesn’t like when she gets back, hence why pairs of trainers 5&6 of the week are coming on Thursday 😂

Unfortunately, it’s just a basic deck with no output capabilities apart from a 3.5mm jack and obviously the built in speaker, so I’ll maybe try and get a small speaker for it, not that I planning on blasting it out too much. 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Remember and prep them correctly.

From vast experience I would suggest 1/2 can of Red Stripe smeared over them lovingly, and perhaps a glass of vodka and lime, just to provide that authentic sticky sensation and sound. 

And of course , one of your wifes high heels , to add the odd scratch or 10 👍

The cat has been watching the records spinning and seems keen, but she’ll be rehomed if she even thinks about it, as for the rest, I’ll keep that in mind 😂

The European Song arrived today from eBay. Perfect nick for being 36 years old. Best £9.99 I’ve ever spent. 

Edited by dandydunn