Season 19/20 - Page 86 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Terrible game, yet another sell out though at  Scotlands finest derby, 

If truth be told I’d have had no complaints if we lost. 

Aye United were pish. Long ball all the time was shan to watch. On the plus side Les Ferdinand was there (director of football at QPR) and if it was Shankland he was there to see he played poorly. 

6 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Aye United were pish. Long ball all the time was shan to watch. On the plus side Les Ferdinand was there (director of football at QPR) and if it was Shankland he was there to see he played poorly. 

Yeah, first time I've seen Utd this season and it was very, very direct. Boy In the middle of the park with the longish hair looked very accomplished.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Yeah, first time I've seen Utd this season and it was very, very direct. Boy In the middle of the park with the longish hair looked very accomplished.

Its a strange one because thats not been the way we have been playing lately. Brutal to watch. Assume the boy you mean is our American signing Ian Harkes ( son of John Harkes from the 90s ) I really like the guy, seems to not be popular with some fans which does my head in. His tactic of keeping possession and keeping the ball moving instead of charging in to tackles and booting fuck out the ball seems to annoy some of our fans. 😂🙈 Ridiculous.   

3 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Its a strange one because thats not been the way we have been playing lately. Brutal to watch. Assume the boy you mean is our American signing Ian Harkes ( son of John Harkes from the 90s ) I really like the guy, seems to not be popular with some fans which does my head in. His tactic of keeping possession and keeping the ball moving instead of charging in to tackles and booting fuck out the ball seems to annoy some of our fans. 😂🙈 Ridiculous.   

The boy can weigh a pass very well and picks good passes at the right time. Not very Scottish at all.......

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Hearts v Aberdeen has been brutal so far, Aberdeen just punting the ball Hearts style so far. 

Been doing that for a long time. McInnes' time was up long ago, he's a fucking coward and he needs replacing pronto. Hopefully Cormack learns to realise that drawing with Hearts,  one of the worst sides the top flight has ever seen,is unacceptable.

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Aberdeen were an embarrassment to a strong away support today. 

As mentioned, hopefully Cormack can see this and will acknowledge the booing at full time. Simply not good enough. 

First time I’ve seen Aberdeen for a long time, couldn’t believe how poor they were, really dismal performance. 

21 minutes ago, WCTA said:

Why has the Celtic and Huns game not been moved into here? I take it there’s a new thread to be started on each game now?

Have you seen the thread? Its exactly what you would expect from an old firm thread. 

I’d happily have taken a draw before kick off yesterday, but so bad were Aberdeen (Cosgrove really is vital to their hoof ball) that it felt like two points dropped in the end. Hearts are still a mess, and it will be a struggle for the rest of the season, but a relatively young team played some nice stuff at times.