Season 19/20 - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Seriously?

Apparently so.  Killie's new ticketing system works with a barcode on your phone. It seems some geniuses forwarded them to their mates thinking it would get them in for free. Turned out it probably did work thanks to the exit gates being opened. 

Edited by Toepoke

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Amazing to see the amount of Huns that seem to be structural engineers. 

Will it detract from all their hard work caring for victims of historic child abuse.

9 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

Had to branch into that because all the financial sector jobs were taken by Tims. :lol:

😂

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Pray tell, what is cretinous about the banner? Unless that part was directed towards the huns @ Rugby Park. If it was then apologies.

Let’s not pretend that it’s an acceptable banner. 

If they were to hear someone calling them a fenian bastard etc etc, they would be away running to grass people up, but it’s ok to use it themselves. 

I’m not discussing it anymore, you’ll have tunnel vision on the whole subject, so I’m out. 

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen Dominated the first 60, Naismith came on and took a gamble on a header which paid off, Aberdeen Switched off and then got back into the match. We were the more attacking side whereas Hearts wanted or rather Levein wanted to make it physical, that tactic can be effective and the Aberdeen of last season would have lost that match. Levein doesn;t know any other tactic, throw a big lad upfront and try and bully your way through the game.

For a neutral it would have been a decent watch.

Just to add, Hearts are almost a completely different side with Naismith in their side and much more dangerous, he gives them a huge lift. 

Agree about the change Naismith brings. He'd be a nightmare to play against but definitely a man you want in your team. 

And as a neutral I really enjoyed the highlights. 

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

If they were to hear someone calling them a fenian bastard etc etc, they would be away running to grass people up, but it’s ok to use it themselves. 

I’m not discussing it anymore, you’ll have tunnel vision on the whole subject, so I’m out. 

The banner didn't say Fenian Bastard though did it?

You are right, new season, same old pish.

17 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Really pleased with that win today at a ground that has caused us major problems in recent seasons. Hope the HSE investigate Kilmarnock's shambolic ticketing arrangements as well as a stand roof that appeared not to be able to  accommodate three people standing on top of it. 

you may have spoken too quickly on this issue................

There is nothing offensive about the banner. The faux outrage is just that. 

What it is IMHO is somewhat paranoid (deport them, to where, they are virtually all British), humourless and above all else very boring.

I am not that keen on the GB. They  seem to be constantly trying to foster and ferment more than just a good atmosphere. They seem to have a siege mentality when the reality is none exists. It looks to me like they are trying to shore up divisions that would otherwise be crumbling naturally. Their banners are borderline weird a lot of the time.

If I was running CFC I'd be a little concerned about how much power they gather. Who the fuck needs all this weirdo political shit at your club.

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Assuming all that’s true, it’s not much comfort to those potentially hurt under a crappy roof 

I'm not trying to give them comfort, i am apportioning blame. 

And I'm blaming the coked up bigots who decided to jump all over the top of a shelter housing disabled people. That was a very stupid and dangerous thing to do and there should be serious consequences for those involved. 

If you want to try to blame a shelter that has stood for 25years rather than the scumbags jumping all over the top of  disabled people...then fine, we are used to it - completely standard response from old firm fans and the media in response to cunts acting like vile, coked up bigots (again) just because they are at the football. 

Chairs broken - stadiums fault...Disabled folk crushed - shelters fault...Player/manager assaulted - security's fault. 

Every cunts fault but the cunts actually doing it. 

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I'm not trying to give them comfort, i am apportioning blame. 

And I'm blaming the coked up bigots who decided to jump all over the top of a shelter housing disabled people. That was a very stupid and dangerous thing to do and there should be serious consequences for those involved. 

If you want to try to blame a shelter that has stood for 25years rather than the scumbags jumping all over the top of  disabled people...then fine, we are used to it - completely standard response from old firm fans and the media in response to cunts acting like vile, coked up bigots (again) just because they are at the football. 

Chairs broken - stadiums fault...Disabled folk crushed - shelters fault...Player/manager assaulted - security's fault. 

Every cunts fault but the cunts actually doing it. 

You’ve built an impressive straw man there from a handful of words I’ve said in this thread. 

Lets clear a few things up. 

- I’m not an old firm fan 

- I’m not condoning the anti social behaviour from Sunday. 

- Killie have unfortunately learned the hard way that they should build a better shelter. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You’ve built an impressive straw man there from a handful of words I’ve said in this thread. 

Lets clear a few things up. 

- I’m not an old firm fan 

- I’m not condoning the anti social behaviour from Sunday. 

- Killie have unfortunately learned the hard way that they should build a better shelter. 

I never said you were an old firm fan, I said we were used to the type of pishy arguments constructed by them and the media to distract folk from the root cause of the problems - which is coked up bigots getting away with murder. The type of agument you are making. 

We will have to just disagree. If you think building a more robust shelter is going to make things better then good luck to you. They will just set fire to it next time. Less cocaine and bigotry amoungst old firm fans is the only thing that will make this better (not building plans which try to predict what the cunts are going to do next) 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

It's cretinous because they've used the word fenian? I genuinely thought I had missed something you had picked up on. What a panty wetter you are.

3 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I never said you were an old firm fan, I said we were used to the type of pishy arguments constructed by them and the media to distract folk from the root cause of the problems - which is coked up bigots getting away with murder. The type of agument you are making. 

We will have to just disagree. If you think building a more robust shelter is going to make things better then good luck to you. They will just set fire to it next time. Less cocaine and bigotry amoungst old firm fans is the only thing that will make this better (not building plans which try to predict what the cunts are going to do next) 

All I’ve said is a more robust shelter should give those using it more protection. Seems a fairly neutral statement that most would agree with. As with condemning the anti social behaviour from sections of the rangers crowd. 

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That's becoming more than a rare occurrence and should be a pretty big concern.

It's a concern for the levels of intelligence in Scotland if people don't realise that once the barcode is scanned it can't be re-used.

Its not exactly rocket science.  

58 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Bigotry sure, but why are we making out that somehow cocaine is now an Old Firm problem?

30 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Bigotry sure, but why are we making out that somehow cocaine is now an Old Firm problem?

26 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Cocaine also isn’t an excuse for acting like a Bell end 

11 minutes ago, jailender said:

But it does seem to help a lot of people

I had wondered why he kept bringing that up. I’m sure loads of them are just drinking.

There probably is a bit of a different culture and demographic to the OF travelling supports, especially to grounds like Rugby park where they get a decent allocation.

Anecdotally with other teams more people seem make their own way to games in small groups or as families rather than on supporters buses which can increase the mob mentality etc.

Edited by sbcmfc

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

There is nothing offensive about the banner. The faux outrage is just that. 

What it is IMHO is somewhat paranoid (deport them, to where, they are virtually all British), humourless and above all else very boring.

I am not that keen on the GB. They  seem to be constantly trying to foster and ferment more than just a good atmosphere. They seem to have a siege mentality when the reality is none exists. It looks to me like they are trying to shore up divisions that would otherwise be crumbling naturally. Their banners are borderline weird a lot of the time.

If I was running CFC I'd be a little concerned about how much power they gather. Who the fuck needs all this weirdo political shit at your club.

100% 

you’d really need to go some to be offended by their banners but they are completely gimpish. No idea why they don’t stick to creating the noise/atmosphere which they are clearly good at. Brian, aged 42 from Stirling who works as a Manager in Sainsbury’s during the week turns in to Michael Collins for match day. Ridiculous