Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 6/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, Kirk said:

I think most did want it finished, but obviously that couldn't happen and the teams voted for it as it is. So common sense was used and titles awarded etc. Celtic won it, get over it

And will keep saying this, Celtic did NOT win it. They did though manage to get their pawn, Doncaster, to hoodwink clubs to award them a false title.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

What fucked me off massively this week was Albion Rovers saying they voted against reconstruction as Brora was too far for them to travel.

Bloody hell, thats pathetic behaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not read much on this thread but IMO they shouldn't have cancelled this season in first place. Pause it and get back to it when it was possible like many other countries have/are doing. 

As suggested in many places e.g. on radio etc they could still have made a proportional payment to clubs to help keep them going and readjusted the difference later.

Depending on how long the pause in season lasted, you then readjust next season accordingly (or even next 2 seasons if required).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Yeah I had some sympathies with Hearts initially.  I read somewhere that when we got relegated (United) Hearts were in a worse position than we were at the stage when the league was called. We were fucking horrific that seaon so Hearts must have been off the scale shite😂

What was it, 4 games the had won all season  ? Get them doon and fuck Anne “ fairness for all  “ Budge 😀

Aye they have been shite, but had started picking up more points since Stendel came in. It would’ve been a great end to the season down there I think!

I’m an Arab too (born and bred Edinburgh though) and the wee man is a massive Jambo. Just this week I signed up to pay £10 per month into the Foundation of Hearts in his name. Today it comes out that although Hearts are fighting relegation/compensation they are not disputing titles, payments to clubs or European places. However they have NOT stated anything about promotion/relegation in regards to other clubs. Will they try to fight to void this season completely in this aspect? 
So, IF they win their case, is there a chance United might stay down? As money comes out my account every month going to Hearts?!? 😰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I can see both sides of the argument. Part of me wants Hearts/Partick to win their case to rip apart the SPFL, part of me wants them to lose as Budge has no-one to blame but herself for her blind loyalty over Levein when he should’ve been emptied at the end of last season.

 What fucked me off massively this week was Albion Rovers saying they voted against reconstruction as Brora was too far for them to travel. Strachan was right a few weeks ago when he stated some of the wee clubs have absolutely no ambition. 

Albion claimed theyd need to leave at 6am to play brora. Its 4 hours and 10 minutes away. A big journey no doubt but highland league clubs like fraserburgh and cove have done the.lengthy journey to wick every season. Its 4 hours 10 minutes for both. 

Albion voted the way they did because there is real potential amongst the juniors, highland league and lowland leages. Albion would be under threat

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

And will keep saying this, Celtic did NOT win it. They did though manage to get their pawn, Doncaster, to hoodwink clubs to award them a false title.

Jesus😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 rolling hills esque shite right there

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Aye they have been shite, but had started picking up more points since Stendel came in. It would’ve been a great end to the season down there I think!

I’m an Arab too (born and bred Edinburgh though) and the wee man is a massive Jambo. Just this week I signed up to pay £10 per month into the Foundation of Hearts in his name. Today it comes out that although Hearts are fighting relegation/compensation they are not disputing titles, payments to clubs or European places. However they have NOT stated anything about promotion/relegation in regards to other clubs. Will they try to fight to void this season completely in this aspect? 
So, IF they win their case, is there a chance United might stay down? As money comes out my account every month going to Hearts?!? 😰

Budge is definitely looking for null and void  ( although I suspect this may have been tacked on as an additional threat If she does not get maximum compensation) Basically she wants every team to start where they did in July 2019.

She can bullshit all she wants but she is basically using the pandemic to stay in the top league, regardless of the impact on other clubs and how they have performed this season. This would of course  lead to further legal action from multiple clubs, including United.  If she continues with this I would not rule out Hearts being charged with bringing the game in to disrepute. 

Just to clarify, at the start of and during the season,  Hearts would be one of the last clubs I wanted to be relegated as I genuinely felt the top league is better for having them. However, the actions of Budge have left me with no sympathy for Hearts whatsoever. She is a fucking chancer and is using every trick in the book to stay up, blaming  everyone else rather than reflecting on  her own clubs train wreck of a seaon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hearts and Partick are taking legal action on the basis that the "rules of the spfl" were unlawfully changed. The fact clubs voted for it is irrelevent to their position. 

The compensation will be based on actual and potential future financial losses and damge to reputation.

The big news on all the phone in's tonight is that part of the action is to prevent the 3 clubs getting promoted. I was going to say im surprised at the medias lack of knowledge but im really not. Its not Hearts or Partick intention to block promotion. What they will be doing is a legal tactic. Ie 1) the rules were changed unlawfully to end the season early. 2) if the court isnt with me on point 1 then the rules dont state that a club can be promoted unless all games are played etc etc.

Its a tactic to try and force the spfl to make the league bigger to occomodate. The same with any injuction to delay the season. They will know the finacial impact this will have regading he TV deal etc.

Also the idea that they can get chucked out the league is laughable. Take a minute to consider it. If a club has a grievence and takes legal action then it can be chucked out the organisation. What kind of dictatorship type approach is that. Courts would be all over that like a rash. 

Just because something is a members organisation doest mean they can do anytjing they want just because members voted for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Aye they have been shite, but had started picking up more points since Stendel came in. It would’ve been a great end to the season down there I think!

I’m an Arab too (born and bred Edinburgh though) and the wee man is a massive Jambo. Just this week I signed up to pay £10 per month into the Foundation of Hearts in his name. Today it comes out that although Hearts are fighting relegation/compensation they are not disputing titles, payments to clubs or European places. However they have NOT stated anything about promotion/relegation in regards to other clubs. Will they try to fight to void this season completely in this aspect? 
So, IF they win their case, is there a chance United might stay down? As money comes out my account every month going to Hearts?!? 😰

By the way, you might want to divert that monthly tenner to the United Foundation. Just get the wee man a Mars Bar or something 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

By the way, you might want to divert that monthly tenner to the United Foundation. Just get the wee man a Mars Bar or something 😂

Aye, we’ll see what pans out. There’s always the garden shed for him to sleep in I suppose 👋🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Hearts and Partick are taking legal action on the basis that the "rules of the spfl" were unlawfully changed. The fact clubs voted for it is irrelevent to their position.

The corollary to this presumably being that had the SPFL played by the rules, they would have no case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

The corollary to this presumably being that had the SPFL played by the rules, they would have no case?

More than likely but not neccesarily. If the rules are silent on the point then all sorts of legal scenarios could come in. 

Im sure I read previously that there was nothing on the spfl rules about a season ending early. If thats true then any "decision" taken thereafter would be ope to challenge. The way civil law works is a series of 1) heres why you should side with me 2) if you aint with me on point 1 then here is my point 2. 3) if you aint wih me on point 1 or 2 then here is my 3 etc etc.

So it may well be that Hearts and Partick have several shots at success. Ie the courts might decide that the spfl had the power to end the season early and award the title but not the power to enforce relegation or promotion in the event of an early end to the season.

Or they might decide that they had the power to relegate however compensation would be due etc. So it wont be a straight win or lose situation.

I wouldnt be surprised if Hearts and Partick have front loaded the case with lots of questions about constitutions, processes not being followed and questions about the conduct of board members during the voting process. Add into that the vote itself and all the stuff about Dundee's vote.

The SPFL would then be faced with a situation where it might potentially take them months to gather all the info / lodge answers. Hearts and Partick will be allowed to do their own investigation, taking precognitions from chairman etc  All of this may very well lead to the delay of the season starting.

My bet on all this is the SPFL board enforcing reconstruction based on 14-10-10-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

More than likely but not neccesarily. If the rules are silent on the point then all sorts of legal scenarios could come in. 

Im sure I read previously that there was nothing on the spfl rules about a season ending early. If thats true then any "decision" taken thereafter would be ope to challenge. The way civil law works is a series of 1) heres why you should side with me 2) if you aint with me on point 1 then here is my point 2. 3) if you aint wih me on point 1 or 2 then here is my 3 etc etc.

So it may well be that Hearts and Partick have several shots at success. Ie the courts might decide that the spfl had the power to end the season early and award the title but not the power to enforce relegation or promotion in the event of an early end to the season.

Or they might decide that they had the power to relegate however compensation would be due etc. So it wont be a straight win or lose situation.

I wouldnt be surprised if Hearts and Partick have front loaded the case with lots of questions about constitutions, processes not being followed and questions about the conduct of board members during the voting process. Add into that the vote itself and all the stuff about Dundee's vote.

The SPFL would then be faced with a situation where it might potentially take them months to gather all the info / lodge answers. Hearts and Partick will be allowed to do their own investigation, taking precognitions from chairman etc  All of this may very well lead to the delay of the season starting.

My bet on all this is the SPFL board enforcing reconstruction based on 14-10-10-10.

Thanks, stopped following this a while back. There isnt anything rules that remotely covers this senario, I checked myself. You would thing they might consider adding something in for next season, given where we are currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, buckielugger said:

And will keep saying this, Celtic did NOT win it. They did though manage to get their pawn, Doncaster, to hoodwink clubs to award them a false title.

Celtic were coasting the league.

The league being awarded suits Rangers (and Gerrard) more than them as it hides the fact that Celtic were going to win the league probably before the split.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic were coasting the league.

The league being awarded suits Rangers (and Gerrard) more than them as it hides the fact that Celtic were going to win the league probably before the split.

 

Were going to win so they didn’t win it?

It was awarded not won?

I think Celtic more than Rangers would have wanted to play out the season. They were definitely coasting it but not finishing allows Rangers to come out with this type of suggestion and asterix nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

More than likely but not neccesarily. If the rules are silent on the point then all sorts of legal scenarios could come in. 

Im sure I read previously that there was nothing on the spfl rules about a season ending early. If thats true then any "decision" taken thereafter would be ope to challenge. The way civil law works is a series of 1) heres why you should side with me 2) if you aint with me on point 1 then here is my point 2. 3) if you aint wih me on point 1 or 2 then here is my 3 etc etc.

So it may well be that Hearts and Partick have several shots at success. Ie the courts might decide that the spfl had the power to end the season early and award the title but not the power to enforce relegation or promotion in the event of an early end to the season.

Or they might decide that they had the power to relegate however compensation would be due etc. So it wont be a straight win or lose situation.

I wouldnt be surprised if Hearts and Partick have front loaded the case with lots of questions about constitutions, processes not being followed and questions about the conduct of board members during the voting process. Add into that the vote itself and all the stuff about Dundee's vote.

The SPFL would then be faced with a situation where it might potentially take them months to gather all the info / lodge answers. Hearts and Partick will be allowed to do their own investigation, taking precognitions from chairman etc  All of this may very well lead to the delay of the season starting.

My bet on all this is the SPFL board enforcing reconstruction based on 14-10-10-10.

Well put and hope you are right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, buckielugger said:

And will keep saying this, Celtic did NOT win it. They did though manage to get their pawn, Doncaster, to hoodwink clubs to award them a false title.

Aye, you carry on. Nobody gives a fuck 👍

The jambos petition doesn't dispute the declaration of champions only their relegation. I don't know why reconstruction was so overwhelmingly rejected. Has anyone eulogised their objections? 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

More than likely but not neccesarily. If the rules are silent on the point then all sorts of legal scenarios could come in. 

Im sure I read previously that there was nothing on the spfl rules about a season ending early. If thats true then any "decision" taken thereafter would be ope to challenge. The way civil law works is a series of 1) heres why you should side with me 2) if you aint with me on point 1 then here is my point 2. 3) if you aint wih me on point 1 or 2 then here is my 3 etc etc.

So it may well be that Hearts and Partick have several shots at success. Ie the courts might decide that the spfl had the power to end the season early and award the title but not the power to enforce relegation or promotion in the event of an early end to the season.

Or they might decide that they had the power to relegate however compensation would be due etc. So it wont be a straight win or lose situation.

I wouldnt be surprised if Hearts and Partick have front loaded the case with lots of questions about constitutions, processes not being followed and questions about the conduct of board members during the voting process. Add into that the vote itself and all the stuff about Dundee's vote.

The SPFL would then be faced with a situation where it might potentially take them months to gather all the info / lodge answers. Hearts and Partick will be allowed to do their own investigation, taking precognitions from chairman etc  All of this may very well lead to the delay of the season starting.

My bet on all this is the SPFL board enforcing reconstruction based on 14-10-10-10.

What makes you think that the board can enforce reconstruction? They can't. Like everything else thus far there would have to be a vote. 🙅‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, slasher said:

What makes you think that the board can enforce reconstruction? They can't. Like everything else thus far there would have to be a vote. 🙅‍♂️

Correct.  Therein lies the problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, slasher said:

What makes you think that the board can enforce reconstruction? They can't. Like everything else thus far there would have to be a vote. 🙅‍♂️

I could be wrong but I think there are provisions for the board to make the change without a vote. Doncaster said that he wouldnt use that option before the last vote so that would suggest to me that they have the power. Probably under some kind of emergency provision.

In any event it wouldnt be hard to structure a vote in way that clubs voted yes. Ie if the question was reconstruction or all clubs take an equal share of 10 million compensation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slasher said:

Aye, you carry on. Nobody gives a fuck 👍

The jambos petition doesn't dispute the declaration of champions only their relegation. I don't know why reconstruction was so overwhelmingly rejected. Has anyone eulogised their objections? 

Albion rovers said Brora was too far away. 😂

I suspect in the case of likes of Motherwell etc. It’s just dividing the cake into 14 pieces rather than 12 or 44 pieces instead of 42...

Also splitting after 2 rounds means sacrificing a visit from one of old firm if you finish in bottom 8.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slasher said:

Aye, you carry on. Nobody gives a fuck 👍

The jambos petition doesn't dispute the declaration of champions only their relegation. I don't know why reconstruction was so overwhelmingly rejected. Has anyone eulogised their objections? 

Purely down to money...self serving cunts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic get £3.35m for winning the league but the jambos want £8m for coming last. 😂 Aye nae bother Ann, cash or cheque? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, slasher said:

Celtic get £3.35m for winning the league but the jambos want £8m for coming last. 😂 Aye nae bother Ann, cash or cheque? 

How much did Hearts pay their creditors in terms of pence in the pound when they were in administration? 

A similar figure should be offered, it's only fair. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...