Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

Hope it's the same one Kobi Bryant used 

Tasteless ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Tasteless ffs

Very good light entertainment during these harrowing times. Give Terry a star for his shirt please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Stu101 said:

It was. With information from the SPFL. And we all know how accurate that turned out to be.

The spfl is the clubs. The clubs voted to end thw lower league season, the clubs then voted not to investigate the spfl board and then there was a unanimous vote to end the top flight season. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The spfl is the clubs. The clubs voted to end thw lower league season, the clubs then voted not to investigate the spfl board and then there was a unanimous vote to end the top flight season. 

 

So if the new season starts in August and its behind closed doors, do you think some clubs shall go to the wall ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

So if the new season starts in August and its behind closed doors, do you think some clubs shall go to the wall ? 

I have no idea. Without crowds at games i can see it being a possibility but in reality none of us know

Edited by vanderark14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is a bit off topic but I think relevant as someone above mentioned Denmark.  My pal, Andy Chung cant play his usual gigs anymore at pubs and clubs.  But he has played from the house on  a couple of Saturday nights.  A woman on FB runs the Andy Chung Appreciation society and asks if anyone would like to donate on, go fund me or something.  On Saturday there he had over 200 people watching.  I am hoping that everyone would at least donate £5.  If so that is good.  Back to my point...……….  If we have to play behind closed doors then if the clubs could televise the games to subscribers for say £10 then they might even make more money than a normal crowd.  You see where I am going.  If someone had a camera at an Armadale game for example, I would be willing to pay £10 to watch it to help the club.  Or am I havering again??  It was just when someone above mentioned Denmark and that got me thinking.  We are all football fans on here and Scotland is a football country.  I think we would all chip in.  Terry Munro will tell me now I am pished.  Macy will call me a dfat c...t, Parklife will be back on calling me something he said the other day that I have never been called before.  A narcissist.  And that was out of order.  Never set fire to a place in my life.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I know this is a bit off topic but I think relevant as someone above mentioned Denmark.  My pal, Andy Chung cant play his usual gigs anymore at pubs and clubs.  But he has played from the house on  a couple of Saturday nights.  A woman on FB runs the Andy Chung Appreciation society and asks if anyone would like to donate on, go fund me or something.  On Saturday there he had over 200 people watching.  I am hoping that everyone would at least donate £5.  If so that is good.  Back to my point...……….  If we have to play behind closed doors then if the clubs could televise the games to subscribers for say £10 then they might even make more money than a normal crowd.  You see where I am going.  If someone had a camera at an Armadale game for example, I would be willing to pay £10 to watch it to help the club.  Or am I havering again??  It was just when someone above mentioned Denmark and that got me thinking.  We are all football fans on here and Scotland is a football country.  I think we would all chip in.  Terry Munro will tell me now I am pished.  Macy will call me a dfat c...t, Parklife will be back on calling me something he said the other day that I have never been called before.  A narcissist.  And that was out of order.  Never set fire to a place in my life.  

I'd pay for Aberdeen games too but streaming games live would likely cause problems with the TV contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd pay for Aberdeen games too but streaming games live would likely cause problems with the TV contract

I was actually thinking about you VA.  I know you would many more around the world probably.  But if it is a tv contract surely that can be overcome so that the clubs can benefit as well as the tv companies.  I am guilty of watching hesgoal for free.   But I, like you, would be happy to pay a tenner to watch my team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On completing 19/20 behind closed doors, surely 75% or thereabouts of your attendance at most games is season tickets, that have been paid upfront. So provided they don’t have to give refunds en masse, they’ve already banked a fair bit of their match day revenue....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

On completing 19/20 behind closed doors, surely 75% or thereabouts of your attendance at most games is season tickets, that have been paid upfront. So provided they don’t have to give refunds en masse, they’ve already banked a fair bit of their match day revenue....

I know.  Just spoke to my pal who is a season ticket at tynecastle.  Never thought about that.  But he would be willing to pay a tenner or even more to watch Hearts v hibs semi final.  There has got to be a way of helping Scottish football out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, macy37 said:

Very good light entertainment during these harrowing times. Give Terry a star for his shirt please.

If that’s what you class as entertainment you and Rambling Hills should get together and share his next bottle of malt 👍

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

If that’s what you class as entertainment you and Rambling Hills should get together and share his next bottle of malt 👍

Ha ha.  I see u are from Peterheed.  Got long to go??

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The spfl is the clubs. The clubs voted to end thw lower league season, the clubs then voted not to investigate the spfl board and then there was a unanimous vote to end the top flight season. 

 

The SPFL appoints a board to run the league. The SPFL board admitted making at least one error that would have resulted in said board being replaced in any other league. The SPFL board is still in place. 

Imagine a world where the people that ran the league were not attached to any club. That's the way forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

On completing 19/20 behind closed doors, surely 75% or thereabouts of your attendance at most games is season tickets, that have been paid upfront. So provided they don’t have to give refunds en masse, they’ve already banked a fair bit of their match day revenue....

We owe TV companies for games they have already paid to broadcast, but which cant be played. Quite a bit of money, it turns out. Not quite what some clubs get in season ticket money, but quite a big chunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

We owe TV companies for games they have already paid to broadcast, but which cant be played. Quite a bit of money, it turns out. Not quite what some clubs get in season ticket money, but quite a big chunk.

But I’m suggesting we do play them....

(or did play them, that horse has bolted now though)

Edited by sbcmfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stu101 said:

The SPFL appoints a board to run the league. The SPFL board admitted making at least one error that would have resulted in said board being replaced in any other league. The SPFL board is still in place. 

Imagine a world where the people that ran the league were not attached to any club. That's the way forward.

Im fully aware of how the board is appointed. The board made an error, correct but the clubs still went along with it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stu101 said:

The SPFL appoints a board to run the league. The SPFL board admitted making at least one error that would have resulted in said board being replaced in any other league. The SPFL board is still in place. 

Imagine a world where the people that ran the league were not attached to any club. That's the way forward.

I think we both know such an impartial board impossible in scotland. Two of the clubs in scotland are too big for this country and even if you dont support one of them you get accused of having leanings towards one side of the OF. Scottish fitba eh🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stu101 said:

 

Imagine a world where the people that ran the league were not attached to any club. That's the way forward.

That comes with its own challenges, but I think you are right. Folk going on about the spfl this and the spfl that. It's the clubs themselves that are the problem. We need to save them from themselves by taking them out of the equation.

A truly independent board committed to the long term success of Scottish football would be worth a shot. 

Then you can actually think about doing something about sectarianism, make real efforts to enforce financial fair play and all the rest of the stuff that doesn't get done when you have the perpratators helping set the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That comes with its own challenges, but I think you are right. Folk going on about the spfl this and the spfl that. It's the clubs themselves that are the problem. We need to save them from themselves by taking them out of the equation.

A truly independent board committed to the long term success of Scottish football would be worth a shot. 

Then you can actually think about doing something about sectarianism, make real efforts to enforce financial fair play and all the rest of the stuff that doesn't get done when you have the perpratators helping set the rules.

So.  An independent football panel will get rid of sectarianism?  Dream on.  Financial fair play?  Over 100 years of the big two.  Sorry pal.  Being a bit pessimistic here.  I totally agree with you but until Rangers and Celtic leave to join some kind of Europa League for the smaller nations.  It wont happen.  The pair are too big for this country and have been all this time.  Because of bigotry.  But we need to deal with facts as they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That comes with its own challenges, but I think you are right. Folk going on about the spfl this and the spfl that. It's the clubs themselves that are the problem. We need to save them from themselves by taking them out of the equation.

A truly independent board committed to the long term success of Scottish football would be worth a shot. 

Then you can actually think about doing something about sectarianism, make real efforts to enforce financial fair play and all the rest of the stuff that doesn't get done when you have the perpratators helping set the rules.

As i said above,a truly impartial board with the good of the whole game at heart is impossible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a proud wee country we certainly have our faults.  But so does every.  Religious intolerance is not just a Scottish problem.  Just so happens that our two biggest football clubs are religiously based.   A Europa League (which Rangers are still in by the way, albeit by the skin of our teeth) for the smaller nations.  Take the big clubs out and give the rest a fighting chance.  Not being flippant but you know what I mean.  There are countries similar size to ours who have the same couple of teams winning the trophies year after year.  I am sure TV would pay for that and the travel costs wouldn't be that bad nowadays.  Present situation excluded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An independent board could tell clubs that they will forfeit any points awarded in games, where sectarian abuse or chanting takes place, and will receive a penalty of minus 3 points per game instead. Has any club finished the season with negative points?

That would make Rangers, sorry, all clubs finally act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 3:15 PM, vanderark14 said:

As i said above,a truly impartial board with the good of the whole game at heart is impossible

Not quite. They could well start out impartial. Wouldn't last long, but.

The big do-you-know-who-we-are clubs would be contacting, influencing, threatening, blackmailing and, yes, bullying the board from day one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...