Season 19/20 - Page 234 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Whats your thoughts on this ? Required clear out ? 

The latter 4 won't be missed at all.  Rossiter came up with a decent amount of potential but injuries look to have ruined him already.  He looked good in flashes but 16 appearances since 2016 tells it's own story.  Holt was a cracking player for us the season we won the Championship but just not good enough to take us to be a regular starter when we're trying to challenge at the top of the SPL.  

Foderingham was just unlucky that we signed McGregor back and his form has by and large been excellent.  If Foderingham was our #1 I don;t think many Rangers fans would have too many complaints and I think he'd be one of the better keepers in the league however he's not getting in ahead of McGregor and is too good to spend another season warming the bench.  I'd imagine young McCrorie will now be the backup to McGregor with the view to stepping up when he retires.

Halliday, like Holt, I think would be a good signing for most SPFL teams.  I know the majority on here don't like him, largely due to his uber Hun-ness, but while not a world beater I think he's a better player than most people give him credit for and given he can operate at left back, centre mid or a bit more advanced, his versatility will appeal to a lot of clubs.

All in all though these are players who are probably lucky if they've averaged 10 first team games a season for the last 2 years so it makes sense to get them off the books and hopefully look to promote some of the more promising youngsters to take their place in the squad.

52 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

The latter 4 won't be missed at all.  Rossiter came up with a decent amount of potential but injuries look to have ruined him already.  He looked good in flashes but 16 appearances since 2016 tells it's own story.  Holt was a cracking player for us the season we won the Championship but just not good enough to take us to be a regular starter when we're trying to challenge at the top of the SPL.  

Foderingham was just unlucky that we signed McGregor back and his form has by and large been excellent.  If Foderingham was our #1 I don;t think many Rangers fans would have too many complaints and I think he'd be one of the better keepers in the league however he's not getting in ahead of McGregor and is too good to spend another season warming the bench.  I'd imagine young McCrorie will now be the backup to McGregor with the view to stepping up when he retires.

Halliday, like Holt, I think would be a good signing for most SPFL teams.  I know the majority on here don't like him, largely due to his uber Hun-ness, but while not a world beater I think he's a better player than most people give him credit for and given he can operate at left back, centre mid or a bit more advanced, his versatility will appeal to a lot of clubs.

All in all though these are players who are probably lucky if they've averaged 10 first team games a season for the last 2 years so it makes sense to get them off the books and hopefully look to promote some of the more promising youngsters to take their place in the squad.

Be interested to see who comes in for them. Never seen that much of them to be fair but Holt always looked a decent player

15 hours ago, kumnio said:

As a Dundee fan, Utd won the league, 99.99% certainty that they would have won it had the league continued.

I really don't care if it has an asterisk next to it, Im sure Utd fans wont, nor will 99% of fans of other clubs. There will be a small minority of DFC fans who think its whatever, and probably a minority of fans of other clubs as well, but frankly who gives a toss. They are deserved champions, its that simple, same goes for Celtic and Cove. Raith however are entirely different.

As I have said on numerous occasions, Celtic deserve to be champions.  I am sure that is quite clear.  Just that the season is incomplete through no fault of theirs.  Its the relegated teams I feel for namely Hearts and Partick.  Or maybe I am raging drunk and talking crap ahin.

And whilst I am still sober Jim Beem.  I also think Celtic will win it next year also.  Rangers are too fancy and not direct enough.  The reason they beat Celtic is because Celtic came out and played so it was a good game and suited Rangers.  But Gerrard cant change his tactics against Livi or Kilmarock etc who sit deep.  Rangers cant seem to handle that.  The games is about goals, not fancy passing.  There.  Rant for the day!!  

On 5/19/2020 at 8:16 PM, dandydunn said:

If you can hand out prize money, then you can hand out trophies. Rangers can be caught in second place and could end up third, that can’t be fair to get prize money that they haven’t yet earned, surely?

Exactly Rangers point; Rangers would only have received amount at this point based on the position they could finish; which I believe was 4th place.  They haven't and never asked for the cash amount for current standings.

51 minutes ago, Debian said:

Exactly Rangers point; Rangers would only have received amount at this point based on the position they could finish; which I believe was 4th place.  They haven't and never asked for the cash amount for current standings.

I still don't understand what it was Rangers wanted. Their 'Not competent' proposal hasn't been seen as far as I'm aware. 

How did they see the end of the season playing out. I still don't understand what specifically they wanted or proposed for an end of the season. 

What I think is becoming more evident is that the Sky deal for next season is driving everything. This represents a fair bit of money in terms of Scottish football and I suspect they are calling most of the shots. If they were to pull out now then most clubs would be in the shitter.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

Correct.  Got a phone call today confirming that.  Rangers have been the only team fighting this.  The silence from Celtic has been deafening and sums things up.  When this all goes away which will hopefully be soon.  It will be Rangers that will be remembered for standing up for the other clubs.  

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Correct.  Got a phone call today confirming that.  Rangers have been the only team fighting this.  The silence from Celtic has been deafening and sums things up.  When this all goes away which will hopefully be soon.  It will be Rangers that will be remembered for standing up for the other clubs.  

If that’s fishing, then fuck me, try better bait.

If it’s serious, then fuck me, try a psychiatrist. 

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

If that’s fishing, then fuck me, try better bait.

If it’s serious, then fuck me, try a psychiatrist. 

Rangers have nothing to lose.  But still fighting against SPFL. (like most on here are canny stand)  That is what I am reading in all news.  Unless it is all fake.  But no, you will be correct and argue against everything that is normal.  You are some bhoy!

Reading the daily hun or follow follow will let you believe you are on the good side. Fans of every other club don’t believe that, not even for a minute, your club isn’t thought of positively, and certainly won’t be remembered that way. 

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Reading the daily hun or follow follow will let you believe you are on the good side. Fans of every other club don’t believe that, not even for a minute, your club isn’t thought of positively, and certainly won’t be remembered that way. 

Rangers are so worried about the well being of other clubs they voted to give celtic the title and end the season

2 hours ago, Debian said:

Why were rangers against playing games behind closed doors?

Rietumu, one of #Latvia's largest banks, is facing three French court hearings in May 2020 as it appeals a 2017 prosecution for money laundering in France. The bank's majority shareholder is Irish businessman and #CelticFC owner Dermot Desmond.#EUToday https://eutoday.net/news/business-economy/2020/rietumu-bank-latvia 

2 hours ago, beardy said:

I still don't understand what it was Rangers wanted. Their 'Not competent' proposal hasn't been seen as far as I'm aware.

Thats because it doesnt exist, insofar as I am aware. Rangers proposal covered getting cash to clubs. It proposed that sums be released paid on current standings, with any change in positon to be paid back over the next two years. The SPFL said this counldn't be done without ending the league- which now turns out was incorrect.

48 minutes ago, Brassrubber said:

Rietumu, one of #Latvia's largest banks, is facing three French court hearings in May 2020 as it appeals a 2017 prosecution for money laundering in France. The bank's majority shareholder is Irish businessman and #CelticFC owner Dermot Desmond.#EUToday https://eutoday.net/news/business-economy/2020/rietumu-bank-latvia 

I liked this bit. :lol:

"Bourke originally came to Latvia as part of an EU programme to export European banking standards to the East "

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Thats because it doesnt exist, insofar as I am aware. Rangers proposal covered getting cash to clubs. It proposed that sums be released paid on current standings, with any change in positon to be paid back over the next two years. The SPFL said this counldn't be done without ending the league- which now turns out was incorrect.

Wait a minute, so you're saying the proposal from Rangers didn't exist, then in the next sentence saying there was. 

Which is it?

1 hour ago, beardy said:

Wait a minute, so you're saying the proposal from Rangers didn't exist, then in the next sentence saying there was. 

Which is it?

Insofar as I am aware, no proposal was submitted by Rangers to end the league. Which is what I said.

Rangers sumbitted two 'proposals'. The first was the release of funds, the second was the investigation into how the original proposal was dealt with.

3 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Andy Halliday. He is fucking awful, a poor man's Ian Black, if you will. 

He will end up at Hearts. They deserve each other. 

Halliday is the stereotypical ned in a shellsuit that follows up the rear of an orange fuckwit parade screaming "WATP FTP" in a shrill, piercing voice.

50 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Halliday is the stereotypical ned in a shellsuit that follows up the rear of an orange fuckwit parade screaming "WATP FTP" in a shrill, piercing voice.

U have proof of that? Is so provide it please. I would be happy to read it. Prove it. Let me see him in a shellsuit screaming these things you claim. If u can I will agree. Kid.