Season 19/20 - Page 228 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 minutes ago, macy37 said:

The collective clubs have, not the SPFL. Yours included....especially the way that you’ve rolled over and died,once again, since the winter break.

I suspect the wording of the statement has been carefully chosen.

44 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Championees , Championees..  Would rather have extended our league lead over the moaning huns, but it was the sensible thing to do. 9 In A Row... An honest 9 In A Row....  No gloating from me. We deserved it.. Now onto 10 In A Row...  Yallllllllĺldy, drinky , drinky....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍻🍻

I’m not sure you know what gloating means!!

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Berwick be fine thanks. I’d be more worried about several others bigger clubs....

Aye, loss of CL/European money is going to play havoc when there's clubs with massive wage bills and massively decreased income.

You can tell the clubs that are worried by looking at those who've put season tickets on sale for something that might never happen.

17 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Anyone seen anything solid about this?

Kherdine from the BBC saying SFA preferably want it ended in front of a crowd, so potentially two Scottish cup finals next year.

If the Tims somehow win another treble, win 10IAR and win an additional Scottish Cup then Scottish football will have exceeded all levels of shithousery.

Hopefully some other cunt (except Rangers obvs) win a cup though!

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Anyone seen anything solid about this?

Today’s decision was the SPFL, cup is under SFA. Also only 4 teams and 3 matches to play in cup, so can surely be accommodated when suitable?

25 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Today’s decision was the SPFL, cup is under SFA. Also only 4 teams and 3 matches to play in cup, so can surely be accommodated when suitable?

They can surely accommodate the League 2 vs Highland/Lowland Play off then, that's only 4 games.

1 hour ago, Terry Munro said:

The huns said they were opposed to games behind closed doors, they can't really complain. The fact of the matter is Celtic are still miles ahead of them and deserve to be champions. 

No complaints from me.  I feel sorry for Hearts as looking at it objectively they had a decent chance of avoiding the drop.  I'm not entirely sure what went wrong with Rangers but it all went pear shaped after the winter break, we can't complain.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Kherdine from the BBC saying SFA preferably want it ended in front of a crowd, so potentially two Scottish cup finals next year.

If the Tims somehow win another treble, win 10IAR and win an additional Scottish Cup then Scottish football will have exceeded all levels of shithousery.

Hopefully some other cunt (except Rangers obvs) win a cup though!

I genuinely think Celtic will get well in to 12, 13+ in a row and can't see where anyone else winning a cup is coming from.  They should get the treble this year whenever the cup finishes and I'll be surprised if they don't do it again next year.

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Can I ask what the purpose of a temporary league reconstruction is?  What am I missing? Surely it’s got to be none or a one that is permanent.

i would say to help the unfairness of Relegation this season.

So Stop relegation  and start next season with clear rules about season end rules.

IE 3 teams getting relegated and 1 promoted to top league next year  

11 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Can I ask what the purpose of a temporary league reconstruction is?  What am I missing? Surely it’s got to be none or a one that is permanent.

In a nutshell it stops Hearts being relegated this season.

But as the 14 team with a split setup is even worse than the 12 team variant it needs to be reverted back to ASAP.

1 hour ago, Debian said:

They can surely accommodate the League 2 vs Highland/Lowland Play off then, that's only 4 games.

That’s an SPFL decision. 🤷‍♂️

I’m sure you know aswell as everyone that’s a far more complex situation across 3 different leagues.

Also in the interest of self interest no way they’re going to vote that through.

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

In a nutshell it stops Hearts being relegated this season.

But as the 14 team with a split setup is even worse than the 12 team variant it needs to be reverted back to ASAP.

Our game is corrupt.