Season 19/20 - Page 154 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

34 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I had wondered if it suited Rangers for it to be off yesterday, as can’t remember a game at Ibrox called off for rain.

Pretty sure a flooded pitch added to Rangers' fixture backlog in 2008.

It looked fairly waterlogged in the photos I saw yesterday. Much drier day today and the wind should help.

41 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye, it's all Rangers fault.  To put the game off by a day.  You do realise it is the referees call.  But never mind.  It is all a Rangers plot.  Loony.

Wasn’t an accusation of anything.

Had initially wondered if a free weekend might suit Rangers with the European game coming up, but looking at their fixtures a postponement was actually a bit of a nightmare, hence the hasty rearrangement.

Not the case here, but not a ridiculous suggestion that groundsmen can down tools or knock their pan in depending on the desired outcome of a pitch inspection.

18 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Pretty sure a flooded pitch added to Rangers' fixture backlog in 2008.

It looked fairly waterlogged in the photos I saw yesterday. Much drier day today and the wind should help.

Aye, dry, sun out and windy.

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Wasn’t an accusation of anything.

Had initially wondered if a free weekend might suit Rangers with the European game coming up, but looking at their fixtures a postponement was actually a bit of a nightmare, hence the hasty rearrangement.

Not the case here, but not a ridiculous suggestion that groundsmen can down tools or knock their pan in depending on the desired outcome of a pitch inspection.

Aye, dry, sun out and windy.

Why would a game being postponed be in advantage of Rangers?  

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Always an interesting dilemma, can’t cheer on Celtic (or Rangers), but other teams taking points off them bad for Motherwell generally today being the perfect example.

decent game so far.

Simple, for me i never support either. If aberdeen finish behind motherwell its because motherwell deserve to finish higher