Season 19/20 - Page 139 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Seen some highlights of the Hun match and some of their players appear to be carrying weight? Look rotund.

How are the Lenny bashers at present, you know, those ones that said he wasn’t up to the job and would cost us the league and that the Huns would win because of him.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

ps

I’ll see plenty real fans on Sunday, I’ll see zero plastic ones that pretend to support a team from the other side of the world 👍🏽

You may even see myself as I'm up in Aberdeen from Saturday morning🙂 (doubling it up with a visit with the kids to my sister who lives up there)

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Seen some highlights of the Hun match and some of their players appear to be carrying weight? Look rotund.

How are the Lenny bashers at present, you know, those ones that said he wasn’t up to the job and would cost us the league and that the Huns would win because of him.

I had serious reservations about him getting the job on a permanent basis, and in the way he was given it in the showers, don't know if that makes me a "Lenny basher" given I've supported the guy for the majority of the past 2 decades but I'll let you decide.

We're certainly doing a lot better than I expected and are more direct than we were under BR now that we've stopped all this keeping the ball at all costs and slowing the game down stuff.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I heard more Celtic fans bash the Lennon appointment than any other team. Some serious heads gone stuff in fact.

I think there are a few factors. As Terry says above, him getting the job in the showers after Scottish Cup final was just very odd timing. If it was going to be Lennon then it shouldn't depend on beating Hearts in a cup final. If anything he should have been announced in the week leading up to the cup final to give a bit of a boost and remove the question over his future for both him and the team. It seemed kneejerk on the back of securing a treble treble.

Add in his supposed problems at Hibs as well as the fact he left Celtic previously because of supposed pressure yet he was now walking into probably the two most pressurised seasons in the clubs history. Add all that together and it looked an odd, almost wrong, appointment. Thankfully, at the current time, it looks to be entirely the correct one.

54 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I had serious reservations about him getting the job on a permanent basis, and in the way he was given it in the showers, don't know if that makes me a "Lenny basher" given I've supported the guy for the majority of the past 2 decades but I'll let you decide.

We're certainly doing a lot better than I expected and are more direct than we were under BR now that we've stopped all this keeping the ball at all costs and slowing the game down stuff.

I wasn’t pointing a finger at anyone on here more a generalisation on many many of our support. Actually scrap that I forgot about Mox, he makes me look positively sunshine like. 

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I wasn’t pointing a finger at anyone on here more a generalisation on many many of our support. Actually scrap that I forgot about Mox, he makes me look positively sunshine like. 

As in, we shouldn't be exposed to you for long periods of time. 😉

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Some of our players definitely look leggy.  Morelos was dead on his feet after about 50 minutes and should probabyl have been hooked then (albeit he did score a perfectly good goal, assuming the "foul" on him minutes before wasn't a pelanty).

3 hours ago, macy37 said:

I've still got plenty of reservations about him and as I've said many times he's been lucky to inherit a team that under a genuinely excellent manager became better technically, tactically and were fitter than ever before.

There's been a lot of games this season where we've been poor and played cross balls into the box and long balls upto Edouard, which is fucking useless. 

He's stumbled across something at the minute with this 3-5-2 (although I'm not entirely convinced this is a long term solution) and the real test is his team for Copenhagen next week. It's clear he doesn't fancy Ntcham, I'm not entirely sure he's started any of the bigger games but him and Edouard have a great understanding, but I don't trust him to pick the right team next week. 

Never the less, when we are good, were very good and we've looked better defensively in Europe which he has got to take credit for. 

Ain't over till its over but........ Slippy looked utterly defeated in that interview. 

Complacency is the enemy for us now but with players returning from injury it is looking good for us now. 

Has Jabba released a statement about brother Beaton yet or is he just getting barred from the lodge? 🤣

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

82,000???

You sure that’s not just your followers you dilbert  

Not really, it was a game we were expected to win, even though we’ve been in a sticky patch, 
Sunday not so much, we’re still low on confidence and will be up against a better team, but you enjoy beating a one legged man in an arse kicking competition. 

ps

I’ll see plenty real fans on Sunday, I’ll see zero plastic ones that pretend to support a team from the other side of the world 👍🏽

🙉. Quite possibly the dumbest post I have read in a while. Even for you this is low.. so because I live in Canada, and not at match on Sunday, I am a plastic Celtic supporter, not a "real" fan .. Does this go for everyone not living in Scotland, or just Celtic fans not living in Scotland, and why??.  Genuine question...Thank you.  

4 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

🙉. Quite possibly the dumbest post I have read in a while. Even for you this is low.. so because I live in Canada, and not at match on Sunday, I am a plastic Celtic supporter, not a "real" fan .. Does this go for everyone not living in Scotland, or just Celtic fans not living in Scotland, and why??.  Genuine question...Thank you.  

Just you 👍🏽

8 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just you 👍🏽

You did not answer the question properly. I, and everyone on this board is aware of your dislike for me, that's your business. What I would like to be clarified, is why I am a plastic supporter and not a "real fan"? I have supported Celtic my entire life. I was born in Glasgow into a Celtic supporting family. My Father never missed a match.. I am.a shareholder with Celtic FC aswell. I have spent a fair bit over the years to fly over to Scotland to see Celtic FC. So please explain to me your reasons for this. I would imagine because I do not attend every Scotland match that would make me a plastic Scotland supporter and not a "real fan" also. Am I correct in my assumptions? Thank you..

4 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You did not answer the question properly. I, and everyone on this board is aware of your dislike for me, that's your business. What I would like to be clarified, is why I am a plastic supporter and not a "real fan"? I have supported Celtic my entire life. I was born in Glasgow into a Celtic supporting family. My Father never missed a match.. I am.a shareholder with Celtic FC aswell. I have spent a fair bit over the years to fly over to Scotland to see Celtic FC. So please explain to me your reasons for this. I would imagine because I do not attend every Scotland match that would make me a plastic Scotland supporter and not a "real fan" also. Am I correct in my assumptions? Thank you..

The big man’s just jealous of you and yer team pal.