Season 19/20 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, Marky said:

Can someone tell me where all the Aberdeen fans who normally frequent this forum are? 🤣

Poor old Vanderark has been ploughing a lone furrow. 

Haven’t seen the game so have nothing to say about it. The radio suggests the better team lost, but you don’t win games by having possession and being better unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, macy37 said:

And still the Dons fans will take umbrage with me continually telling them their manager is a fraud. 

almost 24 hours since an aberdeen loss, you are slacking macy

57 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Haven’t seen the game so have nothing to say about it. The radio suggests the better team lost, but you don’t win games by having possession and being better unfortunately. 

St mirren were hungrier and i think thats what won them the match. 

If Aberdeen had the same attitude and work rate as the st mirren players they would have won IMO. St mirren had one stroke of luck with the penalty claim but that didn't lose the match for Aberdeen

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

I only heard a bit of the game but it did sound like Aberdeen had plenty of the ball but did next to nothing with it. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

:lol::lol:

In all seriousness, you really didn't watch the game did you. And what's more I think you must've been listening to the Richard Gordon and Willie Miller show, or Radio Mutton.

Aberdeen were absolutely not even close to being the best team. You had the bulk of possession yes, but did the square root of hee haw with it and barely troubled St. Mirren at all. Your best spell was a 20 minute period at the start of the second half when you put a bit of sustained pressure on, but again without really creating anything clear cut. The Buds could've easily been 3 up at half time and later in the game played brilliantly on the break creating a few really good chances including completely blowing a 3 on 1 situation. Niall McGinn had a great chance to equalise near the end and I'll confess we got a bit of luck with a dubious call on the penalty incident, but generally we were by far the better team. The Sportscene crew agreed with this assessment and I don't just mean Stevie Thompson. 

Watched the highlights of the game now and we scored a couple of really good goals yesterday. 

A perfect hat trick for Defoe and another couple for the grumpy Buffalo. 

Scott Allen's pass for the Hibs goal was absolutely sublime. If only he could display that sort of talent more than once a game. 

As for the red card, the first booking was a stick on but the second was maybe a wee bit harsh. I think he only booked him as he lifted his arm deliberately to block the ball, although I think he was trying to get his shoulder to it, rather than the arm. Letter of the law, it was a booking I suppose. 

Hopefully we can keep this type of form up 

4 minutes ago, Marky said:

:lol::lol:

In all seriousness, you really didn't watch the game did you. And what's more I think you must've been listening to the Richard Gordon and Willie Miller show, or Radio Mutton.

Aberdeen were absolutely not even close to being the best team. You had the bulk of possession yes, but did the square root of hee haw with it and barely troubled St. Mirren at all. Your best spell was a 20 minute period at the start of the second half when you put a bit of sustained pressure on, but again without really creating anything clear cut. The Buds could've easily been 3 up at half time and later in the game played brilliantly on the break creating a few really good chances including completely blowing a 3 on 1 situation. Niall McGinn had a great chance to equalise near the end and I'll confess we got a bit of luck with a dubious call on the penalty incident, but generally we were by far the better team. The Sportscene crew agreed with this assessment and I don't just mean Stevie Thompson. 

Maybe the part when I said “I haven’t seen the game” confused you, but no, I haven’t seen the game. I thought that was pretty obvious for even the dumbest of people to read. 

Clearly not 🙄

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The Hibs defending from the highlights was diabolical but Rangers looked very dangerous

The second was a lovely move, involving 4 players. Not sure the Hibs defence could have done much to stop it. 

The 4th onwards you are spot on. The defence was hopeless. 

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Maybe the part when I said “I haven’t seen the game” confused you, but no, I haven’t seen the game. I thought that was pretty obvious for even the dumbest of people to read. 

Clearly not 🙄

Settle down darling :lol:

I didn't ask you if you'd seen the game. I reiterated your point, emphasising that you clearly hadn't. So not really that dumb. Maybe it's your reading skills that need improving.

You're clearly hurting so just accept the verdict of someone who did see the game. You might win again next week. You'll need to play a lot better than you did yesterday though.

52 minutes ago, Marky said:

I didn't ask you if you'd seen the game. I reiterated your point, emphasising that you clearly hadn't. So not really that dumb. Maybe it's your reading skills that need improving.

You're clearly hurting so just accept the verdict of someone who did see the game. You might win again next week. You'll need to play a lot better than you did yesterday though.

Hurting? 😂

Over a game of football, you clearly don’t know me if you think that’s what upsets me 🙄

Edited by dandydunn

49 minutes ago, Marky said:

I have had accounts of people at the game, incredibly they gave a different account of it to you...........they were Aberdeen fans. Funny that 😂

Enjoy the win, it  was deserved but I've no doubt you'll be back fight relegation soon enough

52 minutes ago, Marky said:

Can’t edit my last post for some reason, glad to see you've found a new confidence in your team. 

Fancy a bet for charity at the end of the season?

£1 for every point of a difference? Charity of your choice. 

22 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Remember 2nd January 1971??

You sir, are a total fud.

Looks like the red army have a few deserters. And dandy never saw it and he:s no bothered as it's only a game of fitna. Aye, when it suits. Hats off to VA. Sticking up for his team. He still believes ( no offence Scotty) oh where is Scotty as well??? Happy Monday ,😀