Season 19/20 - Page 249 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

26 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The summer leagues will have their European entries picked from last season. Presume the other countries were a good bit ahead in the easing of lockdown?

Without the resources of the EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga or serie A I just don’t think it would be possible to have completed our season in time.

If you can solve the UEFA/European entry problem, I’d probably rather have finished last season in August and September then start a new truncated season after a week or 2 break, but as time has gone on, so many other factors come into it, players contracts etc. The Sky deal, there are too many reasons why it just wasn’t realistic.

Teams can’t get promoted/relegated in September and build a new squad, as even if we relaxed our transfer windows other countries wouldn’t.

I wanted to finish 19/20, but it’s just not realistic and hasn’t been for some time now.

The Scottish cup should’ve been playing this weekend and the final next weekend, or by the end of July at the very latest. That would’ve sorted the european places. It’s a disgrace that Hearts or Hibs have been robbed of a potential europa spot and Aberdeen have been handed it. 

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

Utd have got the begging cap out.

Im not one of these fans to criticise their local rivals, but I think this is pretty iffy.

To be fair to United, and I would say that if it was any club. Its a fucking disgrace that we, Cove and Raith have been dragged in to this personally and will have no choice but to shell for legal fees. What a lot of fans seem to have overlooked is that any compensation, which looks a very likely outcome, will have to be met by ALL clubs taking a hit. Some of these clubs simply may not have the funds to pay this. Which will of course lead to the compromise of reconstruction. I suspect this was always Hearts end game. Ive said all along I have no issue with Hearts taking issue with the authorities if they see fit but what they have now done is a fucking disgrace, Ive no sympathy at all for them now unfortunately. Budges almost daily statements about only wanting what’s fair for everyone is I’ve always expected, she is a lying devious old hoor.  

Edited by Jim Beem

3 hours ago, fringo said:

Yes and no.

By "Yes" , I mean that clubs shouldn't keep reaching out to fans to pay their bills.

By "No", I mean it's absolutely ridiculous that Utd, Raith and Cove should be incurring even one penny of financial costs due to the SPFL combined decision to end the league early etc. It's a complete joke.

If anyone should cover the costs it should be the joint clubs/SPFL etc together. Totally shocking IMO.

I think that is really what they are doing. United are to some extent, acting by default on behalf of all the clubs. Would not surprise me if funds, publicly or otherwise, are funnelled to United from a couple of certain ‘affluent’ clubs.. As I said in my last post, every club is possibly on the hook for a financial penalty, simply for voting the way they did. Its quite telling that Hearts chose not to add Celtic to the court action as they would have been ‘lawyered to fuck’ 

If it does end up with Hearts and Thistle getting there compensation, the bad blood toward them from pretty much everyone will live long. Its genuinely not something I want to be honest but thats the route they have taken. 🤷‍♂️

Budge is doing a great job at deflecting away from the shit job she and levein did at hearts.

Several votes took place, even with some untoward behaviour from some, the clubs STILL voted to end the season the way it ended. Thats tells you a lot about the game in scotland but they still want it that way. Hearts were living in another slightly more warped universe if they thought reconstruction was ever going to happen.

7 hours ago, Stu101 said:

From what i know it was mixed. Sweden never realy lockdown at all, Norway came out earlish, Finland was the start to the middle of last month. Norway and Finland still have a number of restrictions in place.

Just seems that 90% percent of all leagues big and small in Europe are going to be finished (France, Scotland, England lower, Belgium being the exceptions i think? Have I missed any?). With a bit of ingenuity we could have been of those leagues. Just a shame we couldnt have got it done.

Now we are in court, as predicted. One thing that is clear from this is that we need an independent board running the SPFL. What came out in court last week made that crystal clear.

Player contracts would have been a huge issue for some clubs. Would they have signed on short term in scotland? Its not like the EPL and english championship, where platers arw on crazy money and could afford to wait, players ending contracts in scotland after a longer lockdown risk missing out on a new contract elsewhere.

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The Scottish cup should’ve been playing this weekend and the final next weekend, or by the end of July at the very latest. That would’ve sorted the european places. It’s a disgrace that Hearts or Hibs have been robbed of a potential europa spot and Aberdeen have been handed it. 

I completely agree with this and we probably had the least chance of getting that europa spot via the cup.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Player contracts would have been a huge issue for some clubs. Would they have signed on short term in scotland? Its not like the EPL and english championship, where platers arw on crazy money and could afford to wait, players ending contracts in scotland after a longer lockdown risk missing out on a new contract elsewhere.

Aye, sign a short term deal, get released in September, left in limbo for 3 months.

10 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

To be fair to United, and I would say that if it was any club. Its a fucking disgrace that we, Cove and Raith have been dragged in to this personally and will have no choice but to shell for legal fees. What a lot of fans seem to have overlooked is that any compensation, which looks a very likely outcome, will have to be met by ALL clubs taking a hit. Some of these clubs simply may not have the funds to pay this. Which will of course lead to the compromise of reconstruction. I suspect this was always Hearts end game. Ive said all along I have no issue with Hearts taking issue with the authorities if they see fit but what they have now done is a fucking disgrace, Ive no sympathy at all for them now unfortunately. Budges almost daily statements about only wanting what’s fair for everyone is I’ve always expected, she is a lying devious old hoor.  

I agree with that. I’d have thought funding talks should be kept behind closed doors, and not asking for crowdfunding. 

Hearts are obviously looking for reinstatement, the claim for money is a scare tactic IMO. Funny if they stay up, you hump them a few times, and they get relegated next season, that would be tremendously funny. 

17 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

Good man sticking up for yer real bhig team who dont have a plastic pitch

You are sounding more and more like a Rangers fan by each passing day but given you support Hearts that's not too hard a switch.

My team (and only club team) win at Gorgie basically every time we visit, so in that respect I'm sad to see you go.

Even last season when we were utter pish, we still got 6 points whilst visting.

As I said, enjoy the seaside. I'm sure the locals will remember you.

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Budge is doing a great job at deflecting away from the shit job she and levein did at hearts.

Several votes took place, even with some untoward behaviour from some, the clubs STILL voted to end the season the way it ended. Thats tells you a lot about the game in scotland but they still want it that way. Hearts were living in another slightly more warped universe if they thought reconstruction was ever going to happen.

Pretty much how I see it.

3rd highest wage bill in Scotland and still finishing bottom of the league.

Cheerio.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You are sounding more and more like a Rangers fan by each passing day but given you support Hearts that's not too hard a switch.

My team (and only club team) win at Gorgie basically every time we visit, so in that respect I'm sad to see you go.

Even last season when we were utter pish, we still got 6 points whilst visting.

As I said, enjoy the seaside. I'm sure the locals will remember you.

Still manage to get Rangers in to a post that has nothing to do with them.  Brilliant.  Keep it up.  

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I was at RP yesterday and clubs are still none the wiser when the Scottish government will let us play friendlies so god knows how they were meant to be able to plan cup ties!

Killie have two games lined up for next week away to Dundee Utd and Motherwell and the Scottish Government still haven't given the go ahead, even though the teams are in full contact training.

Also, as it stand the teams will be travelling to games in separate cars. Again, until Scottish Government say otherwise.

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was at RP yesterday and clubs are still none the wiser when the Scottish government will let us play friendlies so god knows how they were meant to be able to plan cup ties!

Killie have two games lined up for next week away to Dundee Utd and Motherwell and the Scottish Government still haven't given the go ahead, even though the teams are in full contact training.

Also, as it stand the teams will be travelling to games in separate cars. Again, until Scottish Government say otherwise.

I can’t see how they can arrange to start a league season in just over 3 weeks, without knowing how they can play football. 

Why would they travel to games in cars?

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I didn't know this, if you are right, it makes the decision to end the season the correct one IMO

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn't know this, if you are right, it makes the decision to end the season the correct one IMO

Motherwell only started contact training last week.

League has to be finished by August 3rd.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No sure, was told that's the current directive.

Travel in separate cars.

A couple of busses will be used. We’ve got a bus coming for 20 of us to go on a golf outing (provisionally) at the end of the month and think we’re getting a 70 seater so we can all be socially distanced. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No sure, was told that's the current directive.

Travel in separate cars.

Celtic players were bussed in to Parkhead yesterday on 2 buses.  I saw them on my way back form Cuningar Loop with the wee one at lunchtime.

20 hours ago, Debian said:

Celtic players were bussed in to Parkhead yesterday on 2 buses.  I saw them on my way back form Cuningar Loop with the wee one at lunchtime.

Only saying what I was told.

One of our first games is Dingwall though, so don't know if distance has an impact.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only saying what I was told.

One of our first games is Dingwall though, so don't know if distance has an impact.

I know mate, just noting what I saw.  I see there is an updated response just released with relaxed testing to once per week now.

On 7/7/2020 at 12:27 AM, Jim Beem said:

I think that is really what they are doing. United are to some extent, acting by default on behalf of all the clubs. Would not surprise me if funds, publicly or otherwise, are funnelled to United from a couple of certain ‘affluent’ clubs.. As I said in my last post, every club is possibly on the hook for a financial penalty, simply for voting the way they did. Its quite telling that Hearts chose not to add Celtic to the court action as they would have been ‘lawyered to fuck’ 

If it does end up with Hearts and Thistle getting there compensation, the bad blood toward them from pretty much everyone will live long. Its genuinely not something I want to be honest but thats the route they have taken. 🤷‍♂️

What do you expect them to do, just accept it?  Alternative solutions were put forward - none of them perfect but they would have at least ensured that no club lost out - but too few clubs were prepared to see the bigger picture. 

In the circumstances the very least the relegated clubs deserve is to be financially compensated. The authorities have handled the whole situation appallingly - they have a duty to all their members. No one wants to see other football clubs being dragged through the courts but when the governing body fails to provide strong leadership you can hardly be surprised when the clubs being shafted take things a stage further.

16 minutes ago, scotlad said:

What do you expect them to do, just accept it?  Alternative solutions were put forward - none of them perfect but they would have at least ensured that no club lost out - but too few clubs were prepared to see the bigger picture. 

In the circumstances the very least the relegated clubs deserve is to be financially compensated. The authorities have handled the whole situation appallingly - they have a duty to all their members. No one wants to see other football clubs being dragged through the courts but when the governing body fails to provide strong leadership you can hardly be surprised when the clubs being shafted take things a stage further.

Have you read what I posted ? I have no issue with Hearts not accepting it. And would have no issue if compensation is agreed.

What I keep asking and seems strangely ( or maybe not) never mentioned in the media is what the fuck are United, Raith and Cove doing having to spend to legal fess to defend themselves from......... ??????  Hearts dragged these clubs into this. Nobody else.

On 7/7/2020 at 11:08 AM, kumnio said:

I agree with that. I’d have thought funding talks should be kept behind closed doors, and not asking for crowdfunding. 

Hearts are obviously looking for reinstatement, the claim for money is a scare tactic IMO. Funny if they stay up, you hump them a few times, and they get relegated next season, that would be tremendously funny. 

Its incredible ( or maybe not) the amount of fans that seem oblivious that any compensation will be met by all clubs. Unsurprisingly, a number if Rangers fans in partulcur are screaming that how good it would be if United went bust because of any legal bill or ‘fine’ we get hit with 😂😂😂😂 Amazing. 

24 minutes ago, scotlad said:

On the solutions point I do agree. I would have been happy with reconstruction. As far as United goes, even if they did vote for it, it would not have gone through. Another point that a number of Jambos seem to ignore is Budges plan initially was only a short term 14 team league. Basically, Hearts dodge the bullet this year so they are safe, after that its business as usual. 😂😂 Come on to fuck.

As I say, plenty sympathy for Hearts position but the lack of any blame being placed at their own door (Budge) by their support  is pathetic and does them no favours. 

Personally, I think the 14-10-10 with a split is absolute shite. In fact, the whole split thing is and always has been shite.

16 team top league any day of the week.  Fuck the old firm ( or Sky to be fair) and their 4 games a season.