Season 19/20 - Page 246 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

Celtic get £3.35m for winning the league but the jambos want £8m for coming last. 😂 Aye nae bother Ann, cash or cheque? 

TV revenue, Gates, Match day sales, 27 game Championship Season...  It will soon add up.

Maybe not to £8m but if you don't ask you don't get.

If hearts are so interested in sporting integrity, why don’t they offer the chance of their place in the league to teams that have lost out in the playoffs, with playoffs. They can at least have a chance to seem like it’s in everyone’s interests like they say and leave sporting integrity fully intact. 

On 6/19/2020 at 7:49 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic were coasting the league.

The league being awarded suits Rangers (and Gerrard) more than them as it hides the fact that Celtic were going to win the league probably before the split.

Absolutely they were. Next to zero chance Rangers could have  caught them. And I'd give Rangers no chance next season either (and probably more beyond that). Gerrard out of his depth. Never liked him anyway. Well to be exact, cannot stand him one little bit. Hope he's a massive failure wherever he goes.

But back to Celtic, yes they WOULD have won the league, but they didn't.

I've no problem them being declared say as finishing first for the purposes of next season's UEFA qualification, but still don't think they (or any other divisional leaders) should have been awarded championships.

On 6/19/2020 at 10:39 AM, sbcmfc said:

Albion rovers said Brora was too far away. 😂

I suspect in the case of likes of Motherwell etc. It’s just dividing the cake into 14 pieces rather than 12 or 44 pieces instead of 42...

Also splitting after 2 rounds means sacrificing a visit from one of old firm if you finish in bottom 8.

It doesn't folliow that clubs would end up with a smaller share. Yes, cake divided between more teams, but what is more important is the size of the cake to be divided. A 14 team Premier (and even a 16 team one which I'd go for) would have more clubs involved, thus more fans to watch tv games, and so likely to generate better tv contracts.

Of course that would depend on having league officials capable of negotiating better deals but current bunch, led by useless Doncaster, seem almost unable to even give away tv rights let alone get a proper rate for clubs.

Only watched an hour or so of these games in England being played behind closed doors. Sky offer two channels it seems one with fake crowd noise and one just natural.

It has been revelatory watching it with no crowd. 

These players are getting paid these absurd salaries but without the fans these games are sterile and dull. Makes you realize what makes these games. 

The fans are so under valued and the players are so over paid.

Are there court cases in england for leagues 1 and 2 ot have they acceoted the vote?

I have a tiny bit of sympathy, when rangers died the authorities tried everything to admit them into the top league whereas nobody seems to give a shit about hearts

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Are there court cases in england for leagues 1 and 2 ot have they acceoted the vote?

I think they had a vote and accepted the result, even if it wasn’t in their favour. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think they had a vote and accepted the result, even if it wasn’t in their favour. 🤷‍♂️

Surely not, i thought the correct response was to throw the toys out of the pram to deflect away from the fact the team has been dog shit for the whole season but were on the verge of a tremendous comeback.

My mistake

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I have a tiny bit of sympathy, when rangers died the authorities tried everything to admit them into the top league whereas nobody seems to give a shit about hearts

Are Rangers dead right enough?  I thought they finished second in an unfinished league this season?  Must be my mistake.  Sure I watched a humping at the new year OF game.  Need to go to specksavers obviously.

37 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Are Rangers dead right enough?  I thought they finished second in an unfinished league this season?  Must be my mistake.  Sure I watched a humping at the new year OF game.  Need to go to specksavers obviously.

They finished second in something that isn’t finished?

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

They finished second in something that isn’t finished?

Who are they?  They don't exist seemingly when they!! have been awarded second in an unfinished league.  Not my decision just the SPFL.  So do they exist or not DD?  Big Ramy will be under the Celtic quilt just now trying to figure things out.

1 hour ago, Brassrubber said:

read://https_londonnewsonline.co.uk/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flondonnewsonline.co.uk%2Flee-bowyer-back-to-back-wins-for-charlton-prove-that-points-per-game-chat-was-ridiculous%2F

Only in the tin pot corruption of Scottish Football would ppg be acceptable so .79 of a title could be awarded 

3861145.jpg

2 hours ago, Brassrubber said:

read://https_londonnewsonline.co.uk/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flondonnewsonline.co.uk%2Flee-bowyer-back-to-back-wins-for-charlton-prove-that-points-per-game-chat-was-ridiculous%2F

Only in the tin pot corruption of Scottish Football and French Football  would ppg be acceptable so .79 of a title could be awarded