Season 19/20 - Page 244 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

Hearts are claiming £8m and Partick Thistle are clamining £2m.

And quite right imo.  How this has been handled will not be forgotten.  The other teams that voted against should be ashamed of their own self preservation.  I hope if Partick and Hearts win the money it will come out the wee teams pockets.

9 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

You think?

The more I read on here and other erstwhile forums, I see the same patter...'too difficult'...'its Scotland'...'we don't have the bargaining power'...

Total shitebags

Your right, the correct decision would've been to award the SPFL title to the SNP, give Sturgeon player of the year, Blackford Players Player of the Year and Swinney Writers player of the year, as long as we ask Westminster first mind. Noo that's me finished my haggis roll, anyone seen my shortbread? Ohh pass me a wee tartan napkin as I dinnae want any crumbs fallin on ma kilt. 

See you Jimmy, och aye the noo an aw that. 

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Hearts are claiming £8m and Partick Thistle are clamining £2m.

Risky game from hearts. They could lose their membership off the back of this. 

Part of me us glad our season ended after watching less than 5 minutes of the return of the epl last night. It was fucking garbage and boring. Not looking foward to the Scottish season starting behind closed doors

Edited by vanderark14

Granted there's the uncertainty about the easing of lockdown - and personally I'm happy at the more cautious approach taken in Scotland - the SPFL/SFA still seem to have no clues, no ideas, no strategy, no engagement with alternative scenarios for getting started again. Hardly surprising with numpteroonies like Doncaster in charge, but how do we end up being so incompetent?

I have no interest in English football but their authorities, rightly or wrongly, knew what they wanted, argued for it, lobbied for it and always seemed to be in charge of events. Doncaster doesn't give the impression of being in charge of his own bowel movements.

32 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Granted there's the uncertainty about the easing of lockdown - and personally I'm happy at the more cautious approach taken in Scotland - the SPFL/SFA still seem to have no clues, no ideas, no strategy, no engagement with alternative scenarios for getting started again. Hardly surprising with numpteroonies like Doncaster in charge, but how do we end up being so incompetent?

I have no interest in English football but their authorities, rightly or wrongly, knew what they wanted, argued for it, lobbied for it and always seemed to be in charge of events. Doncaster doesn't give the impression of being in charge of his own bowel movements.

Spot on 

It's unfair perhaps but perfectly acceptable with regards to legality. 

Gleaned from elsewhere Partick are apparently after £2million despite previous turnover of only just over £3million, including a parachute payment. 

7 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Probably compensation for being unfairly relegated 

So nothing unlawful? Just unfair

They are part of a members organisation which voted. Hearts dont like the outcome, well thats tough. Do i think clubs voted wrongly, possibly but each club has to vote the way it feels is right and thats it. 

9 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Spot on 

Its not, comparing the situations eithet side of the border doesnt work for so many different reasons. The main one being the different stages of lockdown.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So nothing unlawful? Just unfair

They are part of a members organisation which voted. Hearts dont like the outcome, well thats tough. Do i think clubs voted wrongly, possibly but each club has to vote the way it feels is right and thats it. 

Its not, comparing the situations eithet side of the border doesnt work for so many different reasons. The main one being the different stages of lockdown.

Different stages of lockdown...different times that we restart...

...the whole process was done incorrectly from the word go

Edited by 0Neils40yarder

Motherwell are due to play a europa league tie (one off closed door game, venue to be drawn) on August 27th. I’m not sure we could finish the season in time for that?

I think time, finance and various other factors are against is finishing the season.

Not really comparable to the Scottish cringe, because in football terms we are too wee, too poor and too stupid. 😂

6 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Different stages of lockdown...different times that we restart...

...the whole process was done incorrectly from the word go

Irrelevant, the clubs agreed to end the season despite the process being shoddy its what the members wanted. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You always come on with an intellectual debate.  Hating people is the way we are in this mess.  Because of the likes of you kid.

shut up ya biffkin

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

Hearts really are just scummy wee hun brothers

Correct, never really had much of an issue with them but I hope they end up sanctioned by FIFA. Budge has spent the last 10 weeks banging on about fair play and now wants all the leagues cancelled. The dishonesty has been clear from day one.

Would have had no issue with them getting compo but now I hope they get royally fucked 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/supporter-update-1

Everyone at Hearts would like to say a massive thank you to our fans for all of the remarkable level of support and passion that they have shown the club over the past few months.

In these uncertain times, it is heartening to have your backing and it is a timely reminder of just how many people love Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

So much so, that almost 7,000 of you have now purchased season tickets for the 2020/21 campaign and our new Umbro home kit and training wear is selling in record numbers.

Foundation of Hearts has also had exceptional backing from fans in recent weeks, with new pledgers joining every day. Since football stopped there have been almost 2000 new pledges, increased pledges or one-off donations.

Despite the lengths you have gone to support us, we have been contacted by a huge number of fans to ask if there is a way to directly contribute to the club in an effort to help alleviate the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Once again, we are touched by this generosity and should any supporters wish to make a contribution to the club’s donations account then our details are as follows:

Account Name: Heart of Midlothian plc

Sort Code : 80-02-28
Account : 00265017

We can’t thank you enough for your unwavering support during these testing times. Together, we focus on one thing and one thing alone: Only Hearts

Edited by Debian

I can see both sides of the argument. Part of me wants Hearts/Partick to win their case to rip apart the SPFL, part of me wants them to lose as Budge has no-one to blame but herself for her blind loyalty over Levein when he should’ve been emptied at the end of last season.

What fucked me off massively this week was Albion Rovers saying they voted against reconstruction as Brora was too far for them to travel. Strachan was right a few weeks ago when he stated some of the wee clubs have absolutely no ambition. 

17 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I can see both sides of the argument. Part of me wants Hearts/Partick to win their case to rip apart the SPFL, part of me wants them to lose as Budge has no-one to blame but herself for her blind loyalty over Levein when he should’ve been emptied at the end of last season.

What fucked me off massively this week was Albion Rovers saying they voted against reconstruction as Brora was too far for them to travel. Strachan was right a few weeks ago when he stated some of the wee clubs have absolutely no ambition. 

Yeah I had some sympathies with Hearts initially.  I read somewhere that when we got relegated (United) Hearts were in a worse position than we were at the stage when the league was called. We were fucking horrific that seaon so Hearts must have been off the scale shite😂

What was it, 4 games the had won all season  ? Get them doon and fuck Anne “ fairness for all  “ Budge 😀

21 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

And doesn't that say it all.

Albion who are happy to be in Scotland's national football league, but not willing to travel to another team in the same country. Must be a relief for them that they will never ever qualify for Europe!

Utterly pathetic.