Season 19/20 - Page 242 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

56 minutes ago, slasher said:

All the broadcasters will be getting a pro rata rebate on their investment in last season. I don't know why this would come as a surprise to anyone.

May be this is why the spfl then decided to skip over it as a risk, when pushing for the first resolution.

15 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

May be this is why the spfl then decided to skip over it as a risk, when pushing for the first resolution.

If the cunts who run our clubs weren't expecting this they're thicker than I realised. If I booked and paid for a 4 week holiday but the company cancelled the last week I'd expect a fuckin rebate. Mon tae fuck man, if you seriously don't think this was discussed you've been listening to too much propaganda 🙄

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

If the cunts who run our clubs weren't expecting this they're thicker than I realised. If I booked and paid for a 4 week holiday but the company cancelled the last week I'd expect a fuckin rebate. Mon tae fuck man, if you seriously don't think this was discussed you've been listening to too much propaganda 🙄

Clubs were told there would be no liability and Rangers concerns were not valid.  This comes from both Stranraer and Queens chairman who were at a meeting last night for the South of Scotland Football League of which they are both members👍

5 minutes ago, Debian said:

Clubs were told there would be no liability and Rangers concerns were not valid.  This comes from both Stranraer and Queens chairman who were at a meeting last night for the South of Scotland Football League of which they are both members👍

This is going to run and run...fucking shambles

15 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I see English PL starts back tomorrow.  So anyone on here who wishes to see any club relegated before the season was finished?  Celtic will never be champions this season until it is over and Hearts shouldn't be relegated.

Dry yer eyes petal

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Don't need to dry them flower.  If I was a Celtic fan I would want the league to be finished and won fair and square.  The same way as Germany and England et al.

I think most did want it finished, but obviously that couldn't happen and the teams voted for it as it is. So common sense was used and titles awarded etc. Celtic won it, get over it

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Don't need to dry them flower.  If I was a Celtic fan I would want the league to be finished and won fair and square.  The same way as Germany and England et al.

I will send you a bottle of Glenlivet if you stop posting the same shite, its been 3 months of this pish.

Celtic won the league, Lennon is a Champion, Rangers are still shite, and Gerrard is a wanker. 4 easy wee facts for you to digest.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

So why is it not over in England?

You have sex with your right hand, but why not The Queens hand, cause its not the same fucking thing. See how easy that is. Different is different, ie not the same.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

I will send you a bottle of Glenlivet if you stop posting the same shite, its been 3 months of this pish.

Celtic won the league, Lennon is a Champion, Rangers are still shite, and Gerrard is a wanker. 4 easy wee facts for you to digest.

Lovely words as usual calling people personal swear words.  Some things never change.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

There are a lot of posters on here who don't resort to personal insults.  You are not one unfortunately.

52 minutes ago, Debian said:

The only way they wouldn't be liable is if there is a clause in the TV contract to cover curtailment. Is there? 

29 minutes ago, slasher said:

The only way they wouldn't be liable is if there is a clause in the TV contract to cover curtailment. Is there? 

They've been negotiating with BT for weeks according to this report. This would suggest clubs knew about it and decided to vote to end the season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53077082

BT Sport is set to receive a total of around £2.3m in compensation from the SPFL for matches missed when last season was halted early.

The two parties are close to agreeing a deal over a series of staged payments after weeks of negotiations.

BT Sport's five-year agreement to show matches ended at the conclusion of last season.

A deal has already been reached with Sky Sports to pay it around £1.5m compensation over the next five years.

In November 2018, Sky struck an exclusive £160m agreement to show 54 matches for each of the next five campaigns, starting in August.

Earlier this year, SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster was criticised for suggesting that BT Sport "haven't given Scottish football the love they show other leagues".

40 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

If we had waited we wouldn't need to pay the tv rights back.

Not checked but imagine the money paid back to the tv people was less than the prize money received, and then you have all the other associated costs of restarting the season.

16 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Not checked but imagine the money paid back to the tv people was less than the prize money received, and then you have all the other associated costs of restarting the season.

And the lack of players after contracts ended

Would it not have been prudent for the SPFL to have some sort of Pandemic Insurance so that if something like this happens they are covering the costs of any liabilities?  That's probably a bit too sensible and forward thinking for them to have considered I suppose.