Season 19/20 - Page 241 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

One other thing that has annoyed me, Hearts have been constantly banging out statements  about their unfair treatment and their fans greeting all over social media. Granted some are valid. However, no once have they conceded that they have been utterly shite and thrown money at shite managers and Levein.  Maybe they need to look closer to home and accept some responsibility as well. 

19 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

I honestly cant see why clubs would vote this down. No unfair relegation, no clubs effectively relegated by having less leagues, 2 non league sides not denied chance at entry, bigger top division therefore decreasing chances of relegation for the bottom half clubs.

I honestly can't see why a club would buy another club and rename it so they could get back into the leagues through the backdoor after the original had died through mismanagement  but there you go.

I'd say that's a lot more unfair than relegating a team that's bottom of the league and been pish all season.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

7 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

One other thing that has annoyed me, Hearts have been constantly banging out statements  about their unfair treatment and their fans greeting all over social media. Granted some are valid. However, no once have they conceded that they have been utterly shite and thrown money at shite managers and Levein.  Maybe they need to look closer to home and accept some responsibility as well. 

A simple phrase. 'the league wasn't finished'.  Comprehede?

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I honestly can't see why a club would buy another club and rename it so they could get back into the leagues through the backdoor after the original had died through mismanagement  but there you go.

I'd say that's a lot more unfair than relegating a team that's bottom of the league and been pish all season.

Any good news?

56 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

The finance is a big one. Most clubs could never have afforded the thousands of ££ for testing each week to then  play games behind closed doors with no money coming in. Its pointless comparing us to other countries. Unfortunately 

That will have to be in place in a few weeks time if not already as players are back in training. 

Edited by Och Aye

Let's not forget it's not just Hearts that's been affected, but Partick and Stranraer too. The latter two however are behaving with considerably more class and dignity than the former. They don't like it, it's unfair but they're accepting it and vowing to get their justice on the pitch next season. A year from now hopefully both are celebrating a trophy and a promotion.

The whole situation is borne out of a situation that is nobody's fault. The SPFL and the clubs are dealing with it as best they can knowing that whatever the outcome there will be people unhappy. Without meaning to sound too harsh, we have three clubs out of 42 who are adversely affected which in the grand scheme of things is about as good an outcome as could possibly be hoped for - not forgetting that the concerns and adversity faced by these three clubs is very real. By all accounts it's not going to put them out of business which has to be a positive even if they are somewhat unfortunately relegated. Bottom line is if they had performed better for 75/80% of the season they'd not be in that position (granted, someone else would).

Life is full of unfairness and ill fortune often beyond anyone's control. Football is no different - in fact it can be even more unfair sometimes. Unfair that Rangers lost the league cup final due to a goal that might have been ruled out with VAR, unfair that Cardiff City were relegated thanks to a desperate offside decision against Chelsea, unfair that England got knocked out of the World Cup when Frank Lampard's "goal" may well have completely changed the outcome had it stood, unfair that Scotland failed to reach the 2012 Euros thanks in big part to a rotten penalty given to the Czechs in the last minute. The list goes on.

Its also unfair that some people have more money than they could spend in 100 lifetimes whilst others haven't a pot to piss in. Unfair that some kids are born sick and don't live very long, unfair that some bloke down the road won several £million on the lottery and I didn't, unfair that some good people have lost their jobs due to the bad decisions of idiot management.

Life is full of unfairness, but it doesn't mean that there's potential litigation in every situation does it? Hearts are experiencing a bit of unfairness here,  visited on them by events outside of anyone's control. The clubs voted in accordance with league rules (several times now) and the SPFL as a company have acted within company law as far as I can see (I'm not an expert though). Decisions were made in the basis of those rules and those laws whether or not we like them. I fail to see what Hearts' case actually is other than "wah wah wah it's no fair 😩😩" and I doubt there is much legal weight behind that.

If the clubs or SPFL have acted outside the league rules or outside company law then I'll stand corrected, but I have yet to see any sensible robust argument made as to what that might have been.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

The vast majority of member clubs voted in a particular way, these members are the league so the decision should be accepted. 

Hearts seem to feel as though they are being dug out here, they aren't. They are, largely, an irrelevance to most folk, perhaps barring Hibs fans and you could canvas football supporters across Europe and most will never have heard of them. They have been pretty irrelevant throughout the lifetime of everybody on this board, the only time they have stuck their heads above the parapet was in 1986 to give us all a severe bout of belly laughter, first allowing Albert Kidd to tickle their bellies then following it up the week after by repeating the trick in the cup final. Nobody has any reason to dig them out. So run along now with yer pishy strips, yer shitey stand and your camp as a row of tents Jambo handle and give us all peace and just think of those tasty Smokies you will be able to gorge on when you visit Gayfield next season. 

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

The vast majority of member clubs voted in a particular way, these members are the league so the decision should be accepted. 

Hearts seem to feel as though they are being dug out here, they aren't. They are, largely, an irrelevance to most folk, perhaps barring Hibs fans and you could canvas football supporters across Europe and most will never have heard of them. They have been pretty irrelevant throughout the lifetime of everybody on this board, the only time they have stuck their heads above the parapet was in 1986 to give us all a severe bout of belly laughter, first allowing Albert Kidd to tickle their bellies then following it up the week after by repeating the trick in the cup final. Nobody has any reason to dig them out. So run along now with yer pishy strips, yer shitey stand and your camp as a row of tents Jambo handle and give us all peace and just think of those tasty Smokies you will be able to gorge on when you visit Gayfield next season. 

Aye.  They certainly seem like an irrelevance to you kid.

4 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Let's not forget it's not just Hearts that's been affected, but Partick and Stranraer too. The latter two however are behaving with considerably more class and dignity than the former. They don't like it, it's unfair but they're accepting it and vowing to get their justice on the pitch next season. A year from now hopefully both are celebrating a trophy and a promotion.

The whole situation is borne out of a situation that is nobody's fault. The SPFL and the clubs are dealing with it as best they can knowing that whatever the outcome there will be people unhappy. Without meaning to sound too harsh, we have three clubs out of 42 who are adversely affected which in the grand scheme of things is about as good an outcome as could possibly be hoped for - not forgetting that the concerns and adversity faced by these three clubs is very real. By all accounts it's not going to put them out of business which has to be a positive even if they are somewhat unfortunately relegated. Bottom line is if they had performed better for 75/80% of the season they'd not be in that position (granted, someone else would).

Life is full of unfairness and ill fortune often beyond anyone's control. Football is no different - in fact it can be even more unfair sometimes. Unfair that Rangers lost the league cup final due to a goal that might have been ruled out with VAR, unfair that Cardiff City were relegated thanks to a desperate offside decision against Chelsea, unfair that England got knocked out of the World Cup when Frank Lampard's "goal" may well have completely changed the outcome had it stood, unfair that Scotland failed to reach the 2012 Euros thanks in big part to a rotten penalty given to the Czechs in the last minute. The list goes on.

Its also unfair that some people have more money than they could spend in 100 lifetimes whilst others haven't a pot to piss in. Unfair that some kids are born sick and don't live very long, unfair that some bloke down the road won several £million on the lottery and I didn't, unfair that some good people have lost their jobs due to the bad decisions of idiot management.

Life is full of unfairness, but it doesn't mean that there's potential litigation in every situation does it? Hearts are experiencing a bit of unfairness here,  visited on them by events outside of anyone's control. The clubs voted in accordance with league rules (several times now) and the SPFL as a company have acted within company law as far as I can see (I'm not an expert though). Decisions were made in the basis of those rules and those laws whether or not we like them. I fail to see what Hearts' case actually is other than "wah wah wah it's no fair 😩😩" and I doubt there is much legal weight behind that.

If the clubs or SPFL have acted outside the league rules or outside company law then I'll stand corrected, but I have yet to see any sensible robust argument made as to what that might have been.

Good post chief. 

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

That's a terrible case of whataboutery 

5 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I think you'll find all clubs are equally raging, but only Hearts have anywhere near the financial muscle to take it further...

...I didnae read the rest as I couldn't get over the fact you think Partick and Stranraer are handling it with dignity, rather than probably feeling bullied and victimised by the spfl

Stranraer can fuck off. Their chairman was interviewed far too many times, they have won two games all season, and were 8 points behind 9th place Forfar, having picked up 16 points from 27 games, they were almost certainly down. Acting like some great injustice against them is fantastical, Partick and Hearts have a case, they don't.

Edited by kumnio

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I think you'll find all clubs are equally raging, but only Hearts have anywhere near the financial muscle to take it further...

...I didnae read the rest as I couldn't get over the fact you think Partick and Stranraer are handling it with dignity, rather than probably feeling bullied and victimised by the spfl

Why are they all raging when the overwhelming majority were against reconstruction? Surely only an absolute maximum of 16 are raging?

And I'm not saying Thistle or Stranraer don't feel hard done by, or even that the three of them don't have reason to feel hard done by.  But outwardly they're handling this much better than Hearts.

The essence of my post is that stuff happens in life and in football all the time that is inherently unfair but that doesn't mean there's automatically a legal case to be brought over it.

8 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Why are they all raging when the overwhelming majority were against reconstruction? Surely only an absolute maximum of 16 are raging?

And I'm not saying Thistle or Stranraer don't feel hard done by, or even that the three of them don't have reason to feel hard done by.  But outwardly they're handling this much better than Hearts.

The essence of my post is that stuff happens in life and in football all the time that is inherently unfair but that doesn't mean there's automatically a legal case to be brought over it.

Thistle have raised legal action, have they not?

13 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Thistle have raised legal action, have they not?

They have now. At the time of my original post that wasn’t the case. So I will stand corrected on that point and say that maybe Thistle haven’t been quite as magnanimous as I first thought.

My overall point still stands though. Unfairness (which was a reasonable moral argument, but that ship has now sailed as they failed to convince enough of their cohorts of their case) does not always equal illegality (which is now the only argument which can be progressed as it seems to be going to court and I cannot see what rules or laws have been broken here).

Edited by DaveyDenoon

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I see English PL starts back tomorrow.  So anyone on here who wishes to see any club relegated before the season was finished?  Celtic will never be champions this season until it is over and Hearts shouldn't be relegated.

This just in. Celtic have been crowned Chanpions...   Stand on..🙂

2 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I meant specifically, the clubs negatively effected are all raging, but realistically Hearts are the only club with the means to shout loud enough about it.

I agree things happen in life that are unfair, but this can be sorted and that's why Hearts have to pursue it

Pleased for Thistle that they can also now pursue this further. Maybe funds are from Colin Weir's estate? Wherever they've come from, well deserved. 

8 hours ago, Debian said:

BT Sport now raised a claim for their £3m...

When does season 19/20 restart?

Ah what's that about? !!

All the broadcasters will be getting a pro rata rebate on their investment in last season. I don't know why this would come as a surprise to anyone. 

All the clubs voted on calling the season early (including the huns). You would expect them to vote in their best financial interests taking these rebates into account. Some of this is becoming tiresome tbh.