Season 19/20 - Page 239 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The league wasnt finished ma pal. And never will be. As much as u would to think that. It wasnt finished. We had a game in hand and two chances to gub you. (Like the last game). So no ma friend.  The league wasnt finished. Not Celtic's fault and not hearts or particks fault. 

You said in your previous post, "I accept Celtic won the league". Now you are saying the season was not finished. Make up your mind. Also, a game in hand and 2 chances to gub us? It was 1 game at ibollox!! Your club was faltering and Celtic were in very good form, Griff was bagging them in, your mob had no chance of catching us, NAE CHANCE. In fact, the SPL saved you lot from more embarrassment,  I think yees would have finished behind Hearts...

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why?  The league wasn't finished so why should they be sent down?  I would be saying the same if it was Celtic btw or any other team.  It isn't fair on teams who had a chance of staying up just because of covid.  I have backed the decision to award Celtic the title.  But relegation is a different matter.  Reconstruction of the leagues is needed.  Playing teams 4 times a season is so boring imo.

Regardless, the decision has been made. To then be able to stave off relegation by throwing a few bob around is a disgrace. 

Seriously, if that happens I will never attend another SPFL fixture. In the grand scheme of things it won't make a difference but it would be silly to just go on accepting a bent competition.  I'll restrict myself to Scottish cup ties and a Jeremy beadle sized handful of European games. 

Edited by Farcity

3 hours ago, Farcity said:

If Hearts are permitted to stay up then the games a bogey. 

Correct. Had a bit of sympathy at first for Hearts but this thinly veiled bribe from Budge and her ‘Philanthropists” is fucking pathetic. Get them doon. 

3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Why?  The league wasn't finished so why should they be sent down?  I would be saying the same if it was Celtic btw or any other team.  It isn't fair on teams who had a chance of staying up just because of covid.  I have backed the decision to award Celtic the title.  But relegation is a different matter.  Reconstruction of the leagues is needed.  Playing teams 4 times a season is so boring imo.

The league is finished. Its over. It has been decided. No more games will, or can be played. 

You don’t need to agree with the decision that was taken, but its only the real thick cunts that cant accept it for what it is. 

40 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

The league is finished. Its over. It has been decided. No more games will, or can be played. 

You don’t need to agree with the decision that was taken, but its only the real thick cunts that cant accept it for what it is. 

40 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Is there something wrong with me wanting a bigger top tier? Not interested in hearts. Just reconstruction. 

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You said in your previous post, "I accept Celtic won the league". Now you are saying the season was not finished. Make up your mind. Also, a game in hand and 2 chances to gub us? It was 1 game at ibollox!! Your club was faltering and Celtic were in very good form, Griff was bagging them in, your mob had no chance of catching us, NAE CHANCE. In fact, the SPL saved you lot from more embarrassment,  I think yees would have finished behind Hearts...

How many times do I need to say it?  It is the relegation issue that is wrong.  No problem with Celtic being chumpions  I mean champions *.  There were still 8 games to go and Hearts, Partick and Stranraer could have stayed up.  Hearts would have been playing teams in the bottom 6.  Is that difficult?  It is my opinion though.  And I am just off the🤪 fone to Anne Budge!

33 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Is there something wrong with me wanting a bigger top tier? Not interested in hearts. Just reconstruction. 

Not interested in Hearts?

So how will this reconstruction help the progression or future of Scottish football?

Edited by Tiny Tim

1 minute ago, Tiny Tim said:

Not interested in Hearts?

So how will this reconstruction help the progression or future of Scottish football?

A bigger league and developing the young players.  Nothing can be worse than the past 20 years?  Something needs to change.  Strachan was correct. 4 leagues professional in Scotland?  Crap.  Not a big enough country for that.  Even Motherwell struggle to get 5000.  Livingstone?  2000.  Top tier?  That is my point TT.  If it wasn't for the Bosman ruling (pre Brexit now) I would go back to the 3 foreigner rule to make Scotland a better side.  So there you go.  My answer.  My interest is the national team and making us better.  Signing players from all over the world wont do that.  Agree or disagree?

13 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

A bigger league and developing the young players.  Nothing can be worse than the past 20 years?  Something needs to change.  Strachan was correct. 4 leagues professional in Scotland?  Crap.  Not a big enough country for that.  Even Motherwell struggle to get 5000.  Livingstone?  2000.  Top tier?  That is my point TT.  If it wasn't for the Bosman ruling (pre Brexit now) I would go back to the 3 foreigner rule to make Scotland a better side.  So there you go.  My answer.  My interest is the national team and making us better.  Signing players from all over the world wont do that.  Agree or disagree?

Hard to agree or disagree because you jump around so much so I don't know what I'm agreeing or disagreeing with. Plus you have put no meat on the bones.

A bigger league and developing young players. How does a bigger league develop young players? Then it looks like you're saying a smaller league? Then back to the 3 foreigner rule but say that wouldn't be allowed.

My interest is also in the national team and making us better so I guess we can agree on that but you've not given any detail as to how that will happen. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Hard to agree or disagree because you jump around so much so I don't know what I'm agreeing or disagreeing with. Plus you have put no meat on the bones.

A bigger league and developing young players. How does a bigger league develop young players? Then it looks like you're saying a smaller league? Then back to the 3 foreigner rule but say that wouldn't be allowed.

My interest is also in the national team and making us better so I guess we can agree on that but you've not given any detail as to how that will happen. 🤷‍♂️

No easy answer.  Would the 3 foreigner rule now be allowed after Brexit?  Thought it was a EU thing.  Nothing against foreingers btw just thinking about bringing on our own kids and getting Scotland to a finals again.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Dalglish has a point.  My only point is we need reconstruction (yawn yawn yawn).  I would like to see a 16 team top tier at some point.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5700408/hearts-dundee-play-off-premiership-kenny-dalglish/

If that's the case then simply promote Dundee and relegate Hearts anyway. Dundee will have achieved something by finishing third, Hearts will have achieved nothing apart from somehow managing to win 4 games out of the last 37 in a piss poor Scottish League. They are simply embarrassing themselves and that's a record that demand, screams out, relegation. 

Get them tae fuck. 

Edited by Farcity

4 minutes ago, Farcity said:

If that's the case then simply promote Dundee and relegate Hearts anyway. Dundee will have achieved something by finishing third, Hearts will have achieved nothing apart from somehow managing to win 4 games out of the last 37 in a piss poor Scottish League. They are simply embarrassing themselves and that's a record that demand, screams out, relegation. 

Get them tae fuck. 

My missus is a Hearts fan (bless her) and even she agrees with you 😂

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

Get them tae fuck. 

It wasn't me that said that.  It was Kenny Dalglish.  So you can tell him to get tae if you want.  Obviously you have more experience and ability in football.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It wasn't me that said that.  It was Kenny Dalglish.  So you can tell him to get tae if you want.  Obviously you have more experience and ability in football.

I never told you to get tae, read properly. That said, a change of tack is required here I think so fuck off you shy, boring prick. Time for a wee stint in my ignore bin. 

I dont understand why people are getting on top of Hearts so much. They didnt finish bottom. They were in bottom place when season was brought to an end early.

If you ask any manager whether they its possible to make up 4 points over 8 games when a min of 5 of those games are againstbhe teams around you then every single one of them would say yes.

Partick in particular got shafted and should not be relegated. They had a game in hand which if won would have moved them off bottom. Are people trying to say that Partick werent capable of winning a game?

43 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I dont understand why people are getting on top of Hearts so much. They didnt finish bottom. They were in bottom place when season was brought to an end early.

If you ask any manager whether they its possible to make up 4 points over 8 games when a min of 5 of those games are againstbhe teams around you then every single one of them would say yes.

Partick in particular got shafted and should not be relegated. They had a game in hand which if won would have moved them off bottom. Are people trying to say that Partick werent capable of winning a game?

Correct.  But the Bile kicks in on here don't you know?  Rangers wee cousins and all that.  That's the bile for you.  Just ask Parklife.  He knows.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

I said in a previous post almost the same thing, yet that was well before the decision to call the season was made. Now the season has been called, I think it just needs to be accepted.

Trying to dress this reconstruction up as being good for the future of the Scottish game, when it seems more about saving Hearts is why I think Hearts are getting it. If they came out and said, we'd like you to consider this proposal because it seems unfair to relegate Hearts etc then at least that's understandable.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Well of course a manager would say they could make up four points in 8 games, they're not exactly going to say they can't, are they?

I have sympathy for both sides but they play in a league ran by its members, the vote to end the season based on points averages/current standings was unanimous. I am not totally against reconstructions but increasing to a 14 team doesn't seem like it will help anything except save hearts and Partick. 

Just because members voted for something doesnt make it fair (or lawful).

If I was involved with Partick or Hearts id defo be taking legal action. Its not just the football side of clubs that suffer with relegation. Loads of non footballing staff tend to lose their jobs.

Imagine your club was 2nd in the league. 2 points behind with a game in hand. Clubs then vote to end season and the title goes to the team currently sitting in 1st. Are you saying that you would just accept this and say that as the clubs voted for it then its fair?

9 minutes ago, jailender said:

Well, the clubs have rejected the latest restructuring proposal, so will that be the ned of it? Somehow I don't think so.

Only 16 of 42 voted for it. I was expecting it to be closer

I honestly cant see why clubs would vote this down. No unfair relegation, no clubs effectively relegated by having less leagues, 2 non league sides not denied chance at entry, bigger top division therefore decreasing chances of relegation for the bottom half clubs.