Season 19/20 - Page 235 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U have proof of that? Is so provide it please. I would be happy to read it. Prove it. Let me see him in a shellsuit screaming these things you claim. If u can I will agree. Kid.

Have you got proof that you'd be happy to read it? 

45 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

U have proof of that? Is so provide it please. I would be happy to read it. Prove it. Let me see him in a shellsuit screaming these things you claim. If u can I will agree. Kid.

The Zulus just gave your boys one hell of a beating at Isandlwana.

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Do you understand how opinions work, you moron?

Also the huns used to have a song for him that went something along the lines of "he hates the pope and the ira, Andy Halliday" and he'd applaud them while they sung it so hardly a massive leap to think that's the type of guy he is.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:11 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

And whilst I am still sober Jim Beem.  I also think Celtic will win it next year also.  Rangers are too fancy and not direct enough.  The reason they beat Celtic is because Celtic came out and played so it was a good game and suited Rangers.  But Gerrard cant change his tactics against Livi or Kilmarock etc who sit deep.  Rangers cant seem to handle that.  The games is about goals, not fancy passing.  There.  Rant for the day!!  

Considering you posted this at the back of 7 in the morning, its not exactly a huge achievement. When do the wheels come off ? I reckon around 9am 🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃 👍

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

As long as its written in several very short sentences, with a poor structure, he might read it.  

I dont comment here with accusations about someone. And never will. I dont know andy halliday or nacho novo. But the allegations made on here in the last few days against them. Not on a public forum I am afraid.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I dont comment here with accusations about someone. And never will. I dont know andy halliday or nacho novo. But the allegations made on here in the last few days against them. Not on a public forum I am afraid.

I hope youre steaming, its the only excuse.

Anyone see Strachan’s recent comments on bbc about clubs not being professional enough/only 200 fans etc. Agree with him although for me  personally one of the major problems in Scottish football is there are too many punters who believe they are old firm fans and who are not from Glasgow and will make 100 plus mile round trips to Celtic park/ibrox when they should be supporting their local club.

4 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Gordon Strachan talks utter shite

Sometimes Gordon Strachan can take a good point (or not a completely unreasonable one) and make it very badly. 😂

Should Cowdenbeath, Stranraer or Albion rovers be dictating to the full time teams?

11 hours ago, JECK said:

Anyone see Strachan’s recent comments on bbc about clubs not being professional enough/only 200 fans etc. Agree with him although for me  personally one of the major problems in Scottish football is there are too many punters who believe they are old firm fans and who are not from Glasgow and will make 100 plus mile round trips to Celtic park/ibrox when they should be supporting their local club.

The bigger problem is the 95% of them who don't make the round trips, the ones that barely ever attend. You know the ones, some of them are amongst the mouthiest on here. They are the issue. 

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

The bigger problem is the 95% of them who don't make the round trips, the ones that barely ever attend. You know the ones, some of them are amongst the mouthiest on here. They are the issue. 

Agree.  I had started to go down to watch Peebles Rovers before this.  Well run club.

Far city. I stopped going to rangers games because of the behaviour of the fans in turin. Only away rangers game in Europe i ever attended. So stopped spent 10 years never missing a scotland game home or away except one in Latvia. I stopped going because we were pish and I was just going for the trip and not the football. But take under 18 school team now and been asked to help out with our local team..  not decided yet as it's a big commitment. Anyway. Fyi. Starting along at the wee school again today. 8.30 till 1. Got 3 classes. Teaching them computing. They have a wee lab along there.

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Sometimes Gordon Strachan can take a good point (or not a completely unreasonable one) and make it very badly. 😂

Should Cowdenbeath, Stranraer or Albion rovers be dictating to the full time teams?

It's hardly their fault the locals choose to follow teams from Glasgow. The closed shop wee top league doesn't help either look what its done to the once well supported teams Dunfermline, Airdrie, etc. 

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

They should have the same say as any other club. Why shouldn't they?

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

They should have the same say as any other club. Why shouldn't they?

Perhaps their are too many “senior” teams? I don’t know the answer.

Probably a bit of a billy big balls attitude, but how can you have teams that play in front of 200 fans making decisions about the top flight? I don’t think it’s that unreasonable to suggest that’s an issue.

Dont get me wrong, I’m sure teams that play in front of 5000, 15000 or 50000 are equally capable of taking self serving short sighted decisions.

28 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

It's hardly their fault the locals choose to follow teams from Glasgow. The closed shop wee top league doesn't help either look what its done to the once well supported teams Dunfermline, Airdrie, etc. 

Aye, don’t disagree with that. We understand that as well as anyone.

Scottish football wont move forward until people accept the reality of the situation and stop blaming each other.

1) Every single team votes in self interest. To do otherwise would by its very nature mean not doing your job for that club.

2) The Old Firm are not to blame. They are huge clubs with their own agendas the same as every other club. 

3) Fans who choose to not attend games, watch foreign football on TV or travel large distances to support the Old Firm are not to blame. How somebody watches football or chooses to spend time or money is their own individual choice.

In this country we are very quick to put the blame at the door of the Old Firm yet almost every club votes in a way that means they get the most money out of the Old Firm whether it be from a TV deal based around 4 Old Firm games or a league setup based around getting 4 Old Firm home game attendence money. We need to accept this and work with it until we get to a stage where we can realistically change it. This wont happen until clubs can have financial security either by having a steady number of increased fans, a longer term TV deal and not to have the threat of financial disaster just around the corner via relegation.

Imo we need to create a model where a club needs to fulfil certain criteria to play in top league. We tried this before but set the criteria all wrong by focusing on stadium size. Something along the lines of Full time, must have certain number of youth teams / academy. Certain % of TV money must be used on youth development etc.

Structure the leagues based on the current reality. An SPFL and SPFL 2 with 24 teams based on above criteria and have a part time setup below. Would mean no promotion into or relegation from SPFL2 which on the face of it is rubbish but would also provide security for clubs to have a longer term project with stability. 

Over time we might then be able to grow clubs which would lead to a better product and increased competition.

Good point diamond scot.

Motherwell etc. have been party to the old firm being pushed higher and higher on a pedestal over the last 30 years or so, to the point that our whole league structure, fixture schedule top and bottom 6 split is all geared towards milking everything they can from 4 old firm visits per season and selling the 4 derbies to sky (who have shown contempt for the other 10 top flight teams with their coverage).

Perhaps if at any point in the last 30 years clubs had collectively looked at the long term health of Scottish football rather than  the next transfer window we’d be in a better state.