Season 19/20 - Page 233 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Crap. Clubs are struggling to survive. So money should be paid out right now to help. But as usual we will agree to disagree dd.

If you can hand out prize money, then you can hand out trophies. Rangers can be caught in second place and could end up third, that can’t be fair to get prize money that they haven’t yet earned, surely?

Edited by dandydunn

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

A raging drunk?? Can you or your cellic pals on here not have a conversation without personal insults?  I keep saying this on here but to no avail unfortunately.  If I was a raging drunk I wouldn't have the job I have.  Also, my favourite ground to visit when I wore a younger mans clothes was tannadice.  You had a great team then.  Be nice.

No idea what youre talking about “Cellic pals”  You seem to revel in hitting the whisky at all hours of the day, so lets drop your fantasy job thing. Now be nice 

10 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

No idea what youre talking about “Cellic pals”  You seem to revel in hitting the whisky at all hours of the day, so lets drop your fantasy job thing. Now be nice 

Getting called a drunk from someone who calls his name after a bottle of american whisky.  Now ain't that ironic!! Stand on kid.

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

If you can hand out prize money, then you can hand out trophies. Rangers can be caught in second place and could end up third, that can’t be fair to get prize money that they haven’t yet earned, surely?

Surely all these sporting integrity huns would agree?

Prize money should be split equally 12 ways IMO.

7 minutes ago, beardy said:

Not by The Rangers they can't.

And neither can the rangers for 2nd then ?? Loony toon. Season was not complete.  Just go on to you tube and watch helicopter sunday. That will cheer you up. You ever heard the phrase about the fat lady singing? A league with an asterix kid. I know it hurts but no 9 son.

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And neither can the rangers for 2nd then ?? Loony toon. Season was not complete.  Just go on to you tube and watch helicopter sunday. That will cheer you up. You ever heard the phrase about the fat lady singing? A league with an asterix kid. I know it hurts but no 9 son.

Do you believe Caley Thistle would.have caught Dundee United?

44 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Celtic can be caught also. 

So can Liverpool, however if it was impossible for the season to be finished in England then they would be given the title*. There is obviously a bigger points gap in England, but both seasons are absolutely finished.

17 minutes ago, beardy said:

Do you believe Caley Thistle would.have caught Dundee United?

If you are asking me to believe then look to history.  Football is not about what you believe.  It is about fact.  The league is finished.  This is an unprecedented time.  Celtic never won it as the league wasn't finished.  Dundee Utd never won it blah blah blah.  If it suits supporters of each team to suit their own agenda then bang on.  I wont ever be able to change your mind.  But this league and the other leagues will have an * beside it.  They were not completed.  Squirellhumper had a great idea for every club to share the money equally. If Rangers and Celtic were truly supportive of Scottish Football they would support that.    I will not change my mind that this season is incomplete.  Not while there is a chance of clubs being promoted, relegated or champions.  The sensible thing would be to award Celtic champions, Dundee utd also and increase the league.  But hey ho we are in Scottish Football where the bile over rides everything.  Now got a meeting on Microsoft Teams with my department.  But of course I am making that up.  As on the drink all day every day.  And Slasher.  I have written books as well.  Academic ones though.  Haven't started your one yet pal.  Nearly finished the Border Reivers.  Typical Scottish.  Murdered and pillaged neighbours.  It didn't matter whether they were this side of the Border or the other.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

If you are asking me to believe then look to history.  Football is not about what you believe.  It is about fact.  The league is finished.  This is an unprecedented time.  Celtic never won it as the league wasn't finished.  Dundee Utd never won it blah blah blah.  If it suits supporters of each team to suit their own agenda then bang on.  I wont ever be able to change your mind.  But this league and the other leagues will have an * beside it.  They were not completed.  Squirellhumper had a great idea for every club to share the money equally. If Rangers and Celtic were truly supportive of Scottish Football they would support that.    I will not change my mind that this season is incomplete.  Not while there is a chance of clubs being promoted, relegated or champions.  The sensible thing would be to award Celtic champions, Dundee utd also and increase the league.  But hey ho we are in Scottish Football where the bile over rides everything.  Now got a meeting on Microsoft Teams with my department.  But of course I am making that up.  As on the drink all day every day.  And Slasher.  I have written books as well.  Academic ones though.  Haven't started your one yet pal.  Nearly finished the Border Reivers.  Typical Scottish.  Murdered and pillaged neighbours.  It didn't matter whether they were this side of the Border or the other.

This is a mish-mash of contradictions, it doesn't make sense.

Pretty sure it's possible for me to shag Liz Hurley.

However, just like Rangers chances of catching Celtic, there is zero chance of it happening in reality.

Any Rangers fan with an ounce of common sense (which excludes the troll I blocked long ago on here) will freely admit that.

Any talk saying otherwise is just them trying to save face.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Asterisks eh? Ya cunt your lot started in 1972 and were world champions at it until your death. Since then you’ve won fuck all with or without asterisks. 

leaves the Old Firm infants to roll around fighting in the playgrun like 8-year-olds

With regard to the CaleyThistle question, no, they wouldn't have caught Dundee Untied. They had their chances and inconsistency cost them. It's a shame, but there it is. Bring on the Challenge Cup Final.

Ultimately, there can be no real argument with Left Bumcheek being awarded the league, as Right Bumcheek would never have caught them.

I'm just not sure that Hearts (or, indeed, Plastic Whistle) would have finished bottom of their respective leagues.

As a Dundee fan, Utd won the league, 99.99% certainty that they would have won it had the league continued.

I really don't care if it has an asterisk next to it, Im sure Utd fans wont, nor will 99% of fans of other clubs. There will be a small minority of DFC fans who think its whatever, and probably a minority of fans of other clubs as well, but frankly who gives a toss. They are deserved champions, its that simple, same goes for Celtic and Cove. Raith however are entirely different.

Hearts, Partick and Falkirk have every right to feel cheated, as do Kelty and Brora, I think its them two anyway? Stranraer can do one, their chairman comes across like an absolute pap, they didnt have a chance of staying up, and Brechin have won the lottery