Season 19/20 - Page 231 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What weve had since, Two 9 in a rows, one of which was brought about by a dodgy tax scheme. Then theres a treble treble on the verge of a quadruple treble. 11 trophies in a row by one club is nothing to be celebrated.

Hard to believe I know but Rangers' dodgy tax scheme didn't start until after they won 9 in a row. That's how long the dominance has lasted for.

I also watched the Sportscene rewind and it was pretty depressing to hear them say in 85 it was the first time the league title had been won outside of Glasgow for 3 years. Hearts came agonisingly close to making it 4, Aberdeen took it to the last day in 91, and there's been no real challenge since.

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Hard to believe I know but Rangers' dodgy tax scheme didn't start until after they won 9 in a row. That's how long the dominance has lasted for.

I also watched the Sportscene rewind and it was pretty depressing to hear them say in 85 it was the first time the league title had been won outside of Glasgow for 3 years. Hearts came agonisingly close to making it 4, Aberdeen took it to the last day in 91, and there's been no real challenge since.

Ah, my mistake. The EBTs definitely gave them an advantage for something like 15 trophies but my mistake for thinking it was during 9 in a row.

I just had a look at the rangers 9 in a row. Celtic only finished runners up twice during that time.

23 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ah, my mistake. The EBTs definitely gave them an advantage for something like 15 trophies but my mistake for thinking it was during 9 in a row.

I just had a look at the rangers 9 in a row. Celtic only finished runners up twice during that time.

Yes it was the last of the biscuit tin years at Parkhead.  Celtic finally getting their act together financially was one the drivers for Murray's EBT venture.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Be interesting to see if European football goes ahead and in what form? Given our 1st qualifier should be in about 4 weeks. 😂

German press saying yesterday that Europa league could be run in parallel- one finnishing while the first two qualifying rounds are being played at the same time. The second option would be to sack two of the qualifying rounds- which might help the Scottish clubs- considering our record.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

You should know the rules in scottish football. If you criticise or take the piss out of one side of the old firm automatically means you prefer the other side.

I think I've posted on here long enough for people to know that's not how I react to criticism of my teams, but bringing religion into it is what huns do, so this time it's fitting.

The "family" club from Fir Park have a few like him in their ranks.

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

I think I've posted on here long enough for people to know that's not how I react to criticism of my teams, but bringing religion into it is what huns do, so this time it's fitting.

Religion  is for absolute wallopers

5 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

Prove that kid. There are no rangers supporters on here that mention religion. Not to my knowledge.  You on the other hand call us all the names under the sun. Carry on though. Says more about u and them. We will carry on dignified on here. Try it sometime.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Prove that kid. There are no rangers supporters on here that mention religion. Not to my knowledge.  You on the other hand call us all the names under the sun. Carry on though. Says more about u and them. We will carry on dignified on here. Try it sometime.

I don't see you as a Rangers supporter so don't really give two fucks what you say or do.

Just now, 0Neils40yarder said:

You come across as being awfy angry...typical tim with a tatty on his shoulder 

You're another whose opinion I won't lose any sleep over but I do find it amusing that you'd call anyone angry when most of your posts are passive aggressive ones like the above. 

2 minutes ago, Terry Munro said:

You're another whose opinion I won't lose any sleep over but I do find it amusing that you'd call anyone angry when most of your posts are passive aggressive ones like the above. 

Why would anyone lose any sleep over comments on a fitba messageboard?

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

7 titles with a * then going by hun logic!

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Squirrelhumper saved me the time

39 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I can’t figure out if that’s a compliment to Rangers supporters or not?! 

I would take it as a compliment. We dont ever use religion here. He and a couple of others from their side do. Dignity is all my friend.  U have it, fairbairn et al. Dont need to resort to religious name calling. But hey ho. Let him the small band keep going. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

34 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Squirrelhumper saved me the time

No no no, they won their 9 in a row with dignity 🤣🤣🤣🤣

31 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

That would be an *. Try and get your punctuation correct please. This season will have AN * next to it as the season wasnt completed.  Is that difficult for you? 

Not my punctuation KID!!!
They were 13 points clear, you had no chance get over it! 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No no no, they won their 9 in a row with dignity 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Of course they did haha

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Listen captain Kirk. I dont even no how to spell puctasion. Move on 😀

Witty, very witty, never been called that before.
Where would you like me to move to?  Go chat with your staunch as fuck pals on follow follow