Season 19/20 - Page 229 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Our game is corrupt. 

One of the main drivers is to keep the big teams in the league for the new TV contract, seemingly. We may need to be asking some favours from Sky in terms of that contract, if we cant deal with this virus.

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s an SPFL decision. 🤷‍♂️

I’m sure you know aswell as everyone that’s a far more complex situation across 3 different leagues.

Also in the interest of self interest no way they’re going to vote that through.

It's not; the SPFL declare a club 42 to play in the SFA competition.

They've committed Brechin to that spot.

Keep getting emails from that Scottish Supporters' Federation (or whatever they're called) emphasising that all their surveys suggest fans are fed up with playing teams 3 or 4 times a season, yet any option that doesn't allow for 4 Evil Twin derbies a year gets rejected.

Self-interest from everyone makes our game a shambles What we need is a benign dictator, but they'd soon be corrupted.

19 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Keep getting emails from that Scottish Supporters' Federation (or whatever they're called) emphasising that all their surveys suggest fans are fed up with playing teams 3 or 4 times a season, yet any option that doesn't allow for 4 Evil Twin derbies a year gets rejected.

Self-interest from everyone makes our game a shambles What we need is a benign dictator, but they'd soon be corrupted.

As a Celtic fan, I'd be happy to only have two derbies a year.

3 hours ago, Debian said:

This was always going to be the outcome, so it's no real surprise the SPFL have given Celtic a title.  

No, your lot did that when they shat the nest after the winter break 👍

Do they or did they seriously think for more than one second that your Livvy, Saints, St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County's of this world would ever vote to have three relegated at a point in the near future? 

Fuck Hearts. 

34 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

One of the main drivers is to keep the big teams in the league for the new TV contract, seemingly. We may need to be asking some favours from Sky in terms of that contract, if we cant deal with this virus.

Perhaps, but the day we allow a broadcaster to dictate the size of out league is the day to shut up shop. 

Some achievement by the Accies ...

Personally i thought there should be no relegation and an increase of league sizes for two seasons and then revert back to the status quo unless it was a success

Maybe that will still happen in a way if there is reconstruction

8 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Anyone heard from  Alex “Ecto” Rae ?  

He is still trying to read the SPFL press release. He is on the second paragraph now, but needs some help with the big words, so is waiting for Kris Boyd to phone him back.

12 minutes ago, kumnio said:

He is still trying to read the SPFL press release. He is on the second paragraph now, but needs some help with the big words, so is waiting for Kris Boyd to phone him back.

My heart goes out to the Celtic fans in their shell suits that canny go celebrating tonight.  8 and half in a row tae!!  Don't know if the malls ae open in Canada.  Ramy will be oot in his shell suit and cellic pants.  Going to bed in the hoopy the hound pyjamas.  Only kidding Ramy.  Well done mate.  Where is the yaaaaaaas??

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Anyhow, how’s Nacho’s peodophilia allegations coming along? 

😂 Fucking hell man, jealous or something?

Sad little man, your teams just won the league, but you just want to speak about paedo behaviour. Crack on mate.

18 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Anyhow, how’s Nacho’s peodophilia allegations coming along? 

Pretty good. :lol:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/archives/news/64530/nacho-novo-in-paedo-twitter-storm/

FORMER Rangers star Nacho Novo was at the centre of a police probe last night after allegedly branding Celtic fans paedophiles.

The outburst appeared on the Spanish star’s Twitter page when Hoops supporters taunted him about the Ibrox side’s troubles.

It said: “Why uz no go home ya FB still have more history than uz PAEDOS hahahahaha WATP.” The comment was removed from Novo’s official account after a furious reaction from fans.

edit: hmmm what does FB stand for?

Edited by thplinth

1 minute ago, Farcity said:

I'd guess fenian bastard.

Being honest I kind of knew what it stood for. 

So Nacho Novo here is effectively calling macy a fenian bastard peadophile.

Well that is an ironic turn of events. lol.

I will raise a wee glass to 9iar tonight. Malbec is the drink of choice tonight. The diets going down is just a nice wee added bonus. 

Hopefully we can all get back to normal soon but I'm not optimistic. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

😂 Fucking hell man, jealous or something?

Sad little man, your teams just won the league, but you just want to speak about paedo behaviour. Crack on mate.

For clarification it was you that started the bell rolling......