Season 19/20 - Page 222 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Just you wait until I get ma Glenlivet in me.  I will have 100 sons of Wallace at my back.  They might not get there until after lockdown mind.  But be wary!!!!😀

Ye could pick a better dram ffs

3 minutes ago, Debian said:

Get yourself a bottle of this https://hedonism.co.uk/product/kilkerran-heavily-peated-batch-two

Opened one up the other night and a quarter way through.  She's strong stuff mind you, but an absolute beezer

Think that would be too peaty for me, beginning to appreciate the peaty ones more but slowly does it

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

Get yourself a bottle of this https://hedonism.co.uk/product/kilkerran-heavily-peated-batch-two

Opened one up the other night and a quarter way through.  She's strong stuff mind you, but an absolute beezer

Believe it or not Debian.  I was the last of the peat farmers in Scotland with a licence to dig for commercial peat.  Sold my farm 7 years ago and the licence with it.  Don't think the new guy uses it.  But aye, that's true mate.  The only other one I know now is the Highland Peat Company up bye Aberdeen.  Sorry, off the topic but when you mentioned peat.  I still have my two peat spades.

28 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You are 7000 punches away.

Really, internet fighting talk.

Oh buddy, seek help, or at least use one of your other accounts so you don't look so daft constantly.

Edited by kumnio

19 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/neil-doncaster-must-negotiate-well-or-face-ten-million-problems-fx2nf52g2

How do we complete the games if only 5 clubs will have enough players come the start of next month, let alone no hint of games starting again?

wrong thread mate, this is not the Nach Novo allegedly did something thread, I think

20 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/neil-doncaster-must-negotiate-well-or-face-ten-million-problems-fx2nf52g2

How do we complete the games if only 5 clubs will have enough players come the start of next month, let alone no hint of games starting again?

I think you can put obstacles in the way if you don’t want it to happen, or you can ask how we can make it happen.

This is an unprecedented set of circumstances, I’m sure rules could be put in place to allow for short term contract extensions etc. to allow for this.

If there’s a consensus that the season can’t be completed safely and with some degree of “sporting integrity” then maybe we will need to draw a line under it, but until when we have an idea of when football is realistic it’s very hard to plan.

Say it gets to October/November? Is it too late to play 20/21?

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I think you can put obstacles in the way if you don’t want it to happen, or you can ask how we can make it happen.

This is an unprecedented set of circumstances, I’m sure rules could be put in place to allow for short term contract extensions etc. to allow for this.

If there’s a consensus that the season can’t be completed safely and with some degree of “sporting integrity” then maybe we will need to draw a line under it, but until when we have an idea of when football is realistic it’s very hard to plan.

Say it gets to October/November? Is it too late to play 20/21?

Beat it you. Trying to bring sense in to this conversation.  Nutter.

5 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

:lol: fair enough.

on a serious note, fuck knows how they work this whole shambles out. To play the matches will require testing which according to some down here will cost millions, millions our clubs can't afford. If they don't play they could owe money to the TV companies, if they do play they have no players to play the games

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

on a serious note, fuck knows how they work this whole shambles out. To play the matches will require testing which according to some down here will cost millions, millions our clubs can't afford. If they don't play they could owe money to the TV companies, if they do play they have no players to play the games

Its quite simple.  You write the season off now.  Every team gets paid.  We pick up in August like every other business.  How difficult is that to understand.  The league has not been completed so therefore not won.  Relegation has not been completed.  But the shambles that is Scottish Football has already decided on the bottom 3 leagues.  But not the top one.  No wonder Rangers and the other 12 teams protested.  The leagues haven't been finished so because of this unprecedented virus should be null and void.  No promotion and no relegation.  Quite simple really.  But too much common sense. 

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Its quite simple.  You write the season off now.  Every team gets paid.  We pick up in August like every other business.  How difficult is that to understand.  The league has not been completed so therefore not won.  Relegation has not been completed.  But the shambles that is Scottish Football has already decided on the bottom 3 leagues.  But not the top one.  No wonder Rangers and the other 12 teams protested.  The leagues haven't been finished so because of this unprecedented virus should be null and void.  No promotion and no relegation.  Quite simple really.  But too much common sense. 

If we write off the season now, or call the league, that 10m the SPFL wernt that keen to talk about, is probably due back to the TV companies. No easy answers here.

The Record reporting Novo has apologised to the O'Donnell family for his tweet. 

On a side note today I heard from someone fairly well connected at Motherwell fc that they are not expecting to resume playing until the new year. 😳

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

If we write off the season now, or call the league, that 10m the SPFL wernt that keen to talk about, is probably due back to the TV companies. No easy answers here.

You seriously believe that?  TV companies will blame the Scottish clubs for the coronavirus cancelling games.? Give me a break.  Ok we will go with your theory.  We need to play the games because of tv money. Never mind the coronavirus.  tv money is more important.  Get real kid.

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

On a side note today I heard from someone fairly well connected at Motherwell fc that they are not expecting to resume playing until the new year. 😳

“My English is not the best and I am sorry that what I was trying to say has been taken to mean something different.”

Yeah, so not a real apology, and a load of utter shite as well.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

If that is true Jim then I hope he is ashamed of himself.  But on your second point I would tend to agree.  I work in education as u know and I don't think we will be back to normal until next year.  Your book is a great beer mat btw.  Will try and have a read tonight pal.

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

Aye, the cheeky cunt put it down to his lack of understanding when it comes to English. Hope O'Donnells family spit at his pathetic apology.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You seriously believe that?  TV companies will blame the Scottish clubs for the coronavirus cancelling games.? Give me a break.  Ok we will go with your theory.  We need to play the games because of tv money. Never mind the coronavirus.  tv money is more important.  Get real kid.

SPFL have a contract to provide games to the TV companies. TV companies have contracts with subscribers and advertisers. These contracts cant be completed. You see what happens here?

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And what about your apology?  Or proof?

You will never get an apology from me. The likes of you don't deserve one.

As for proof, fuck all to do with you. So away and fuck.

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

SPFL have a contract to provide games to the TV companies. TV companies have contracts with subscribers and advertisers. These contracts cant be completed. You see what happens here?

And?  Football is in the same way as every other business in the land.  So we will just break the law because of a tv contract?  We are all in this.  The tv companies as well.  Everyone needs to give a fuck.  Sorry, I don't normally swear on here.  Every contract will be ripped up and looked at again from a fresh point of view.  That is the reality we are in.  Thinking we can finish the league and get the tv money is fantasy talk.  That is what you and Neil Doncaster are suggesting.  Think about Rangers what you will but on this occasion they are right.  Celtic are only thinking in their own interests.  Argue with that and stay fashionable.