Season 19/20 - Page 216 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

If it's an email then Doncaster will no doubt claim he never got it and then go "oh, it seems to be in my spam folder, I can't think how that happened".

If they go on the record and give details of the communications with the SPFL and Doncaster specifically  and that's what they say they'll do - and that contradicts what Doncaster has been saying then I don't how his position can continue to be tenable.  

I doubt Doncaster would try that old gag. It would be interesting to know what the procedure is and why Inverness, seemingly, never adhered to it but aye if it does come out that he's told whoppers then he has to go. 

1 minute ago, Farcity said:

I doubt Doncaster would try that old gag. It would be interesting to know what the procedure is and why Inverness, seemingly, never adhered to it but aye if it does come out that he's told whoppers then he has to go. 

To be honest, even if - and that's a big if - he feels he's done nothing wrong, Doncaster should probably resign now as he's not really in a position to carry out his role effectively given that he's the centre of the story and that relations are seemingly broken down with a number of member clubs. 

Perhaps but by the same token, going now would be perceived by most as a clear admission of guilt or wrongdoing. 

I think he will want to see this out then look to leave once he steers it through to whatever conclusion results. 

13 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Perhaps but by the same token, going now would be perceived by most as a clear admission of guilt or wrongdoing. 

I think he will want to see this out then look to leave once he steers it through to whatever conclusion results. 

The first sentence while understandable from a personal perspective shouldn't enter into his thinking if he's being professional.

On the second point, I'd question whether him being the centre of the story makes it more difficult if not impossible for him to do that to a satisfactory conclusion.

That might sound harsh or unfair but it's pretty much par for the course for jobs of that level and nature.

11 minutes ago, aaid said:

The first sentence while understandable from a personal perspective shouldn't enter into his thinking if he's being professional.

On the second point, I'd question whether him being the centre of the story makes it more difficult if not impossible for him to do that to a satisfactory conclusion.

That might sound harsh or unfair but it's pretty much par for the course for jobs of that level and nature.

He was at the centre of a farce in 2012 but nobody asked for him to be sacked except non rangers fans. 

The clubs continued to keep.him in a job fpr another 8 years. Dont be surprisef to see him continue in the role.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out and what rangers actually want here. 

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He was at the centre of a farce in 2012 but nobody asked for him to be sacked except non rangers fans. 

The clubs continued to keep.him in a job fpr another 8 years. Dont be surprisef to see him continue in the role.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out and what rangers actually want here. 

That may well be true but in any functional organisation he'd have left some time ago, the SPFL however has consistently shown itself to be a dysfunctional organisation.

28 minutes ago, aaid said:

That may well be true but in any functional organisation he'd have left some time ago, the SPFL however has consistently shown itself to be a dysfunctional organisation.

Completely agree. The laughable part is its the clubs themselves who run it and select the board. 

The next chapter will be the most interesting. German football took a set back today with an entire team in lockdown as two players tested positive, i thought germany was the glimmer of hooe we had for football continuing behind closed doors but now i am not so sure. Theres also the.issue of contracts up in june, for some teams it may not be easy for some clubs to renew contracts therefore they have less players. 

I cam honestly see the season being called by the end of may. 

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The next chapter will be the most interesting. German football took a set back today with an entire team in lockdown as two players tested positive, i thought germany was the glimmer of hooe we had for football continuing behind closed doors but now i am not so sure.

That was always the flaw in the plan and was pretty obvious from the start but a lot of people chose to ignore it.   As soon as one player is diagnosed it takes out a whole squad for two weeks because even if you subsequently test all players they may be asymptomatic and even if only one team is out of the picture, if you're planning on a compressed and intense schedule playing 3 games a week, that blows your fixture list right out of the water as it means 7 teams have missed games (the team affected miss all six and each of their opponents miss one).

If you're running a Test, Trace & Isolate nationally, asking anyone who comes into contact with someone who tests positive to go home and self-isolate for two weeks, you can't make exceptions for footballers.

Just now, Stu101 said:

99.99% sure that it will be. English plans took a set back today too, with 3 players testing positive.

I read elsewhere that les gray had hinted to the season being called because of the contracts issue. No idea if it’s true.

i guess we have the off field fiascos to come from a called season to come next 😂

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

I read elsewhere that les gray had hinted to the season being called because of the contracts issue. No idea if it’s true.

i guess we have the off field fiascos to come from a called season to come next 😂

I may have misread, but I thought UEFA has set a date for leagues to make decisions by? The one unknown factor, I suppose league wise, is if Hearts (or another) take legal action.

At the moment, only 5 premier league teams would have enough players on their books to put 11 on the park come June.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He was on sportsound yesterday and that was his main focus, that Hamilton had something like ten players out of contract and would be unable to put out any sort of competitive line up. 

13 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

I may have misread, but I thought UEFA has set a date for leagues to make decisions by? The one unknown factor, I suppose league wise, is if Hearts (or another) take legal action.

At the moment, only 5 premier league teams would have enough players on their books to put 11 on the park come June.

I don’t realise so few teams would be in that position. I don’t see any option except calling it now.

budge will no doubt take legal action in “the interests of the game”

Edited by vanderark14

Leagues wanting to continue have been dealt blows this weekend, players confirmed to have the virus in Spain, Germany and England. Once training fully returns, and games start, new cases could increase. Leagues will need to be called in most of Europe IMO.

We could be facing an annual winter breakout of this virus for years to come, who knows.

What are we going to do keep cancelling the league every year.

In the windows of non lockdown shite where we can play, finish one damn league before embarking on a new on thinking it will be played out. It might take one and half years to play one season now. Zero point in writing off seasons thinking you are drawing a line under it. 

Plus that means you have to play over summer. That is when the virus will be least dangerous. As someone said above it is the perfect opportunity to switch to summer football.

Edited by thplinth

The rangers threads account for 52% of the tamb. The Fermer was right. It's the bile that keeps us going. Keep the bile. Oh glenlivet, glenlivet you are a pest. You often keep me from my rest. You often turn my friends to foes. But seeing as you are beneath my nose. Cheerios.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The rangers threads account for 52% of the tamb. The Fermer was right. It's the bile that keeps us going. Keep the bile. Oh glenlivet, glenlivet you are a pest. You often keep me from my rest. You often turn my friends to foes. But seeing as you are beneath my nose. Cheerios.

Your Glenlivet patter is fucking toe curling.  Truly horrendous. 

49 minutes ago, aaid said:

Waiting for all the Aberdeen fans on here claiming they were behind an independent investigation all along.

What have Aberdeen said that’s so wrong? They’re backing an investigation that could either come out with corruption in Scottish football, or one that could make rangers even more of a laughing stock. 

I fail to see anything wrong with what was said. 

Quite clearly backing the spfl board to have a chance to clear their names completely and prove they know what they’re doing.